What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worst dynasty trade offer - 2021 season (1 Viewer)

Spike

Footballguy
Couldn't find the old/existing thread, so I started a new one.

I had opened a conversation with a heretofore reasonable leaguemate with the foundational blocks being me trading Saquon Barkley and him trading Alvin Kamara.  When he semi-laughed off Barkley and a 2022 2nd for Kamara (and actually said "It's probably fair"), I asked him, "So might you have a counter-offer with which we might both be happy?"

Here is what he came back with:

Alvin Kamara

2022 5th

for

Saquon Barkley

JK Dobbins

Michael Pittman

Kyle Pitts

2022 1st

This IS actually the worst dynasty trade offer I have ever received.  By a goodly amount.

That sounds like one of those counter offers that people do just to indicate that they actually aren't interested in trading.

That sounds like one of those counter offers that people do just to indicate that they actually aren't interested in trading.
I would normally agree but we had a couple emails going back-and-forth, in one of which he stated he thought the initial offer was probably fair.  In light of that, I suggested he send me a counter-offer.  NEVER would have expected something like that.

Couldn't find the old/existing thread, so I started a new one.

I had opened a conversation with a heretofore reasonable leaguemate with the foundational blocks being me trading Saquon Barkley and him trading Alvin Kamara.  When he semi-laughed off Barkley and a 2022 2nd for Kamara (and actually said "It's probably fair"), I asked him, "So might you have a counter-offer with which we might both be happy?"

Here is what he came back with:

Alvin Kamara

2022 5th

for

Saquon Barkley

JK Dobbins

Michael Pittman

Kyle Pitts

2022 1st

This IS actually the worst dynasty trade offer I have ever received.  By a goodly amount.

This thread should end here. Drop the mic. This is actually the worst offer ever received by anyone on the planet.

We should have a "trade offers rejected for no reason" thread.

Zealots league with 4 Points/TD for QBs. Yes, the rosters are big (53) and that inflates the value of QBs since everyone of any value is rostered - similar to SF, I suppose.

Offered a 1st and 3rd for Matt Stafford to a guy that also has Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence, and Roethlisberger.

REJECTED! WTH!? 

We should have a "trade offers rejected for no reason" thread.

Zealots league with 4 Points/TD for QBs. Yes, the rosters are big (53) and that inflates the value of QBs since everyone of any value is rostered - similar to SF, I suppose.

Offered a 1st and 3rd for Matt Stafford to a guy that also has Dak Prescott, Trevor Lawrence, and Roethlisberger.

REJECTED! WTH!? 
I play in 4 ZF leagues and with the exception of the Superflex league, I'd have traded Stafford for that package.

So I learned the other day that on the ESPN platform, when one of the Watson suggested trades gets submitted to you, it tells you that it was from Watson.  If anyone still uses ESPN you'll know that Watson comes up with some horrific ideas...Had this gem land in my inbox: 

Nico Collins and Austin Hooper for Dallas Goedert

So I learned the other day that on the ESPN platform, when one of the Watson suggested trades gets submitted to you, it tells you that it was from Watson.  If anyone still uses ESPN you'll know that Watson comes up with some horrific ideas...Had this gem land in my inbox: 

I saw that new program on ESPN and it had some wild ideas on what was fair.  I couldn't send out those offers they were so bad.

For reference, Watson currently suggests I do the following (1QB league): 

I give Lockett & Tony Jones Jr -- I get Gibson & Darrynton Evans.   Whoooo don't I wish? 

I give Mike Williams & Damien Harris -- I get Jefferson & Waddle.   LOL in my dreams 

I give Chubb & Jones Jr -- I get Metcalf and Steelers DST.   Ok so not too crazy, Chubb for Metcalf could be a thing in a real league

I give Lockett & Ruggs -- I get Eskridge & Najee.  There it is.  Now we're back to selling a dime and a nickel for a 50c piece again...

I give Sutton & Damien Harris -- I get Hardman & CEH.   So Mike Williams & Harris can buy me Jefferson AND Waddle, but Sutton & Harris can only get me CEH? ok sure

Last edited by a moderator:
wlwiles said:
For reference, Watson currently suggests I do the following (1QB league): 

I give Lockett & Tony Jones Jr -- I get Gibson & Darrynton Evans.   Whoooo don't I wish? 

I give Mike Williams & Damien Harris -- I get Jefferson & Waddle.   LOL in my dreams 

I give Chubb & Jones Jr -- I get Metcalf and Steelers DST.   Ok so not too crazy, Chubb for Metcalf could be a thing in a real league

I give Lockett & Ruggs -- I get Eskridge & Najee.  There it is.  Now we're back to selling a dime and a nickel for a 50c piece again...

I give Sutton & Damien Harris -- I get Hardman & CEH.   So Mike Williams & Harris can buy me Jefferson AND Waddle, but Sutton & Harris can only get me CEH? ok sure
THAT IS ABSURD!  System generated Trade packages?  WOW....  don't use ESPN platform, but not what I would use for a tool...  

If it's a start 1qb league I don't see it as so bad.  The Jets are terrible.  I prefer Wilson however, regardless of format.
Disagree.  It’s atrocious.   We don’t know what Wilson is yet.  He looked pretty good in his debut.   We do know what Hooper is. So you’re saying you’d pay a 2nd rd rookie pick for Hooper?   Doubtful. 

Disagree.  It’s atrocious.   We don’t know what Wilson is yet.  He looked pretty good in his debut.   We do know what Hooper is. So you’re saying you’d pay a 2nd rd rookie pick for Hooper?   Doubtful. 
I said I prefer Wilson, but that trade offer doesn't belong in a worst offer thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread