What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lance vs Fields (1 Viewer)

greenmountaingoat

Footballguy
Fields owner dropped him in my league. Thinking of claiming Fields with a Lance drop.

I have Brady and Lance.

Fields: more likely to be starting sooner. My hunch is that he's more ready than Lance. I think Dalton is worse than Jimmy G and there's more pressure on Nagy to put Fields in. In a counterintuitive way, I think that Fields is going to end up running more because the system/ Oline is worse, forcing him to tuck and run 7-8 times a game plus goal line work etc. Mooney and ARob could be great targets for him. Lack of overall offensive efficiency could basically turn him into Hurts. May not be great for wins and losses but could easily be a top 8 FF QB.

Lance: end of season schedule is amazing. Rushing talent is always touted as a bigger strength (vs Fields) but I can't tell whether or not Shanny will use this or use his other offensive weapons, assuming he ever commits to using one QB for most of the snaps. I'm already feeling cranky about Shanny's shenanigans (two years ago I kept claiming and then starting the wrong SF rb, now I have Sermon...The Aiyik thing?). Do we really think he's going to transform the SF offense into Ravens west? Do we really trust Shannahan to just ride with him and not do some funky 70/30 thing, making him unusable?

Flip a coin.  They are basically identical at this point and you really don't need them anyway with Brady. 

If I absolutely had to choose I'd go for Fields.

Like you I think he'll see the field sooner/more as Jimmy G is better than Dalton. As someone who's rostered Aiyuk, I'm onboard with the Shanny distrust. I'm sure Lance will see the field and have his days, I just think for this season it's going to happen to Fields sooner. 

Seems basically identical. Probably happens for Fields earlier but you're not using either unless Brady gets injured. See who out of Bears/Niners have a better matchup on Tampa's bye and go with it

Fields has the easier path to playing. IF Lance gets the starting job I'd go with him due to supporting cast, but as has been mentioned, I don't see that happening unless Jimmy G flops or SF starts losing.

Users who are viewing this thread