What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I lost my 18 year old dog earlier this week (1 Viewer)

wgoldsph

Footballguy
And I'm just depressed.   His name was Bean and he was old, but we'd managed to bring him back from sickness a number of times to his little grouchy self (he was a toy fox terrier who thought he was a rottweiler) and the day before he was fine.   That night into morning he had a bad seizure and he passed in my bed with me holding him (of course not after ####ting all over it so my mattress and I needed a good cleaning).  But after months of intensely caring for him at times, now I'm just kinda empty.

Bleh sorry to dump, but it's 2am and sleeping pills aren't working.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It might help to share photos and stories here.  Lots of FBG's have been there, too.

Virtual hugs to you and doggie treats to your pal.

And I'm just depressed.   His name was Bean and he was old, but we'd managed to bring him back from sickness a number of times to his little grouchy self (he was a toy fox terrier who thought he was a rottweiler) and the day before he was fine.   That night into morning he had a bad seizure and he passed in my bed with me holding him (of course not after ####ting all over it so my mattress and I needed a good cleaning).  But after months of intensely caring for him at times, now I'm just kinda empty.

I'm very sorry for your loss...  one of the hardest things to do, but a good friend said this to me (after my 16 yr old pup)...  It's the last best thing we can do for our furbaby. 

I hope you find comfort soon, wgold! 

Sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my 14+ year old Beagle/Border Collie mix a month ago. There’s nothing anyone can say to make you feel better, but just know many of us know what you’re going though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't dislike that feeling enough. Lost our 14 year old in April, cried like a baby and still find myself looking for her. Thankfully we had another pooch that helped a lot. He was 7 at the time and I was dead set against getting another for awhile. But when the trainer at the horse farm next door took in a gorgeous Australian Shepherd (someone left behind at an event and she was pregnant) and I saw the puppies I was broken by the wife and kids. So in July we took on a puppy for the first time in years (last two were closer to a year old when we adopted them). Couldn't be happier as she sleeps here on the floor next to me while I work and my other guy while stand offish at first is now happy to play with her and enjoying having a friend again as well.  

As I write this my other dog is licking at my hand, so excuse any typos.  It's strange because bean wasn't a very licky dog, was much more interested in cuddling (stealing your precious body heat) than anything.

Thank you everyone for your kind words.  Still have his little bed out in hopes that my other dog will decide to use it, but for the moment it's sitting empty near my chair.  He used to snore so loud it would bother people on zoom meetings.  Ah dogs.

The worst....dogs are the best

Our junebug, german shepherd, passed after 16 years recently.  The house still feels empty and silent and weird

All the best to you and your family

Sorry, wgoldsph.

That's sad. I hope your other dog fills the place with love and that you find it in your heart to get a new one soon. You can never replace, only remember and feel new joy. Best to you.

RIP Bean. :(

So sorry for the loss of your friend and family member. At 19, it sounds like you and he shared a great life together...in times of grief, somethign to hold on to.

Sincere condolences.

wgoldsph said:

Sorry for your loss

Sorry, wgoldsph.

That's sad. I hope your other dog fills the place with love and that you find it in your heart to get a new one soon. You can never replace, only remember and feel new joy. Best to you.
My other dog doesn't even seem to notice.  Two totally different personalities between the two.   I would love to get a new dog but the family is resistant and the current idea is to get a parakeet. 

My other dog doesn't even seem to notice.  Two totally different personalities between the two.   I would love to get a new dog but the family is resistant and the current idea is to get a parakeet. 
Oh no. That thing'll sing. That thing'll sing.

FFS, my gut is saying don't do it. My mom had one as a kid. She has decent memories. She said, "as an adult, no." I remember the conversation.

Pretty Petey. Oof.

Oh no. That thing'll sing. That thing'll sing.

FFS, my gut is saying don't do it. My mom had one as a kid. She has decent memories. She said, "as an adult, no." I remember the conversation.

Pretty Petey. Oof.
I had one as a kid.   Actually another pet that died in my arms.  A lovely little animal but there's the constant noise that I'm just too old to deal with.  Gimme something quiet.

I had one as a kid.   Actually another pet that died in my arms.  A lovely little animal but there's the constant noise that I'm just too old to deal with.  Gimme something quiet.
That's what I was getting at. Sorry about the pet dying in your arms. I just slumped my shoulders. Best, man. Let's get going in that Giants/Redskins thread.

Opps, posted here like it was the tnf thread.

Happy Yom Kippur to you all anyway

Super sorry. If it makes you feel any better I always had big dogs and I’ve never had one live longer than 11 years. One went at 9. Another at 8. 

18 is a good long life. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt though. Sorry for your loss. 

Please don't.  They are social birds.  Having just one is like solitary confinement.  It is cruel.
I'm not for it, but the house is pretty lively.  And because of many internet videos everyone basically wants to let it fly around free most of the day so it can get into everything.

Users who are viewing this thread