What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am benching Barkley for _____________? (1 Viewer)

ffmail4me

Footballguy
From reports all week I just think he's going to be used very little. Plus the Washington D is stout. I'm benching him for one of the Denver RBs, just haven't decided on Gordon vs Williams. Who are you benching Barkley for? 

was gonna start a thread on this, but didnt.... didnt need/deserve one.

i had barkley benched in 2/3 leagues (the only 2 i have him in).... and put him in this morning amidst the "movement" of the masses of benching him.

when the masses zig, i always zag

i had barkley benched in 2/3 leagues (the only 2 i have him in).... and put him in this morning amidst the "movement" of the masses of benching him.

I would go with the masses this time. Did you hear the interview where Barkley all but said this game was not ideal at all for his injury. 

I would go with the masses this time. Did you hear the interview where Barkley all but said this game was not ideal at all for his injury. 

that's part of the allure... division rival.... got his feet wet in week 1 and came out 100%.... why say you're going full tilt? 

i love the risk. 

Keep in mind he's had limited practices this week and after this game gets 10 days of rest before the next game. If that was my investment I'm not pushing it this week. We'll see what the Giants do shortly. 

Tough call when they say they’re not ready to turn him loose

But I have him paired with with Swift who was limited today (re-aggravated groin) - feel like one of them has to sit

Hunt is probably starting this week

Going Jacobs over Barkley, and have Edmonds as a pivot if Jacobs is surprising out.

That said, I do think this a much better matchup for Barkley than last week. I think Denver is a better defense than Washington, and the game is far less likely to get away from NY this week. 

Javonta and Ty'Son in 0.5 PPR. I'm pretty happy with my choice, but I'm also glad Saquon had at least one big run. Question is whether he showed enough for me to start him with confidence next week on 10 days rest with a good match-up (Atlanta). Will see what happens this Sunday but as of now leaning toward it.

My other choices were not great but benched him for Drake

edit - may go with Ty'Son Williams depending on Jacob’s health 

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO if ya drafted Barkley ya gotta run him out next week & see what happens. 

that field was kinda sloppy last night & the WFT has a decent run D.

*Not a Barkley shareholder.

**ETA: I now realize this was before last night’s game and not about week 3, when it will also be a relevant question. 

Didn't feel comfortable with Javonte, Drake, or Ty'son williams over him, so I rolled with him. Could be worse, but yeah probably going 0-2 now

That said, hoping it turns on at week 3 and my team can go on a run 

IMO if ya drafted Barkley ya gotta run him out next week & see what happens. 

that field was kinda sloppy last night & the WFT has a decent run D.

*Not a Barkley shareholder.

**ETA: I now realize this was before last night’s game and not about week 3, when it will also be a relevant question. 
As a Barkley owner, I really hope this doesn't turn into a season-long thread

Benched him for Harris last week, doing it again week 2 but less confident this time that Harris out scores him after the fumble.

As a Barkley owner, I really hope this doesn't turn into a season-long thread
I thought he looked pretty good at times, but he didn’t look like Saquan. I didn’t see him make a single jump cut, which I guess is a matter of lacking trust in his knee, but he looked like he was making lateral cuts in those preseason agility drills so not sure why.

Ironically, he could be a great injury discount next year. 

Hopefully for y’all Saquan shareholders he has a breakout game & shakes off the rust in a week or 2. 

I benched him for Sterling Shephard and I will probably continue to bench him in favor of another flex for a few weeks. I saw some sparks of what he can do but I think it may be closer to mid-season before we see him returning to his former value.

Benched him in 1 league for DJ Moore, played him in another (over guys like Jacobi Meyers, Ty'Son Williams). Thinking it may be a month or so before I'll feel comfortable throwing him in. Bummer. 

I started him on the one league I have him. In my opinion the last few decent runs he had(one the turf monster got him where he had a decent cut and a lot of green) he looked more comfortable. I see a big game against ATL. 

Users who are viewing this thread