What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Coaches film on GamePass (1 Viewer)

cloppbeast

Footballguy
I hope I'm not the only one perturbed by the removal of the all 22 film on the NFL GamePass, due to "technical difficulties". It's been advertised as a feature since forever. Conveniently the NFL had no "technical difficulties" taking out my automatic subscription payment for a product they don't even offer. According to the website and email correspondence "coaches film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience". Previously they stated it would be available at the start of the regular season, which basically makes them liars.

Adding to the frustration, on twitter now I'm noticing fantasy experts posting what you might call film breakdowns using not the broadcast film, but the all 22 angles. For example @JetPackGalileo and @JMoyerFB from the ff_astronauts. How the hell are they getting it? I've been pestering them for an answer but haven't received one. @Joe Bryant I wonder if you have any insight into this injustice? Is there some sort of special deal with fantasy experts going on?

Thanks.

I hope I'm not the only one perturbed by the removal of the all 22 film on the NFL GamePass, due to "technical difficulties". It's been advertised as a feature since forever. Conveniently the NFL had no "technical difficulties" taking out my automatic subscription payment for a product they don't even offer. According to the website and email correspondence "coaches film is currently in development and will be available later this season. Please continue to check back here for more updates. We apologize for the delay and thank you for your patience". Previously they stated it would be available at the start of the regular season, which basically makes them liars.

Adding to the frustration, on twitter now I'm noticing fantasy experts posting what you might call film breakdowns using not the broadcast film, but the all 22 angles. For example @JetPackGalileo and @JMoyerFB from the ff_astronauts. How the hell are they getting it? I've been pestering them for an answer but haven't received one. @Joe Bryant I wonder if you have any insight into this injustice? Is there some sort of special deal with fantasy experts going on?

Thanks.
noticed that myself, someone (not a blue checkmark) posted a breakdown of Sewell’s matchup with N Bosa using all 22.

lots of folks up in arms over the GamePass fiasco.

I only subscribe to three things, FBG's PFF, and NFL gamepass. Gamepass for the all 22. No amazon prime,

streaming subs, music subs, or any of that Apple nonsense. I'll give them this season, but after that, forget it. 

I checked a bit and found a couple of things.

1. I think some may be doing a fancy end-around with Game Pass International. It takes a VPN from another country and I'm not sure of the rules there, but for some reason it appears the international version has better accessibility.

2. I don't think it's any kind of nefarious long con type thing from the NFL. I think it's way more on the lines of simply : Tech stuff is difficult. It seems easy because when it works, it's like magic. But there's a TON of behind the scenes things that have to happen. My guess is it's way more along the lines of this stuff. https://twitter.com/LeeSharpeNFL/status/1437447788132909059?s=20

The NFL hires (many, including) developers for around 100k which in Cali is not enough. People bunk up and figure a couple raises and they're working their dream job, but the NFL commits to that amount instead. As such there's a lot of turnover every couple years.

They have a VR app that was to come out two years ago. Last year there was a huge push to get it out because no fans at games. During TV contract negotiations, something came up and it's about a dead project now and no one I know that worked on it is still working for NFL.

They've inadvertently given themselves a two year window on things. 

The all 22 was a big part of the VR experience and again it had issues suddenly when they signed a TV contract. 

I don't think it's a tech thing. It was developed and worked fine. I think the world went with their tech turnover and assumed. Instead, I think it's a TV contract thing and use the way it mysteriously works perfectly in other countries as some justification for this theory. 

Just guesses but I feel pretty good on this

I checked a bit and found a couple of things.

1. I think some may be doing a fancy end-around with Game Pass International. It takes a VPN from another country and I'm not sure of the rules there, but for some reason it appears the international version has better accessibility.

2. I don't think it's any kind of nefarious long con type thing from the NFL. I think it's way more on the lines of simply : Tech stuff is difficult. It seems easy because when it works, it's like magic. But there's a TON of behind the scenes things that have to happen. My guess is it's way more along the lines of this stuff. https://twitter.com/LeeSharpeNFL/status/1437447788132909059?s=20
Thanks for looking into it.

The NFL hires (many, including) developers for around 100k which in Cali is not enough. People bunk up and figure a couple raises and they're working their dream job, but the NFL commits to that amount instead. As such there's a lot of turnover every couple years.

They have a VR app that was to come out two years ago. Last year there was a huge push to get it out because no fans at games. During TV contract negotiations, something came up and it's about a dead project now and no one I know that worked on it is still working for NFL.

They've inadvertently given themselves a two year window on things. 

The all 22 was a big part of the VR experience and again it had issues suddenly when they signed a TV contract. 

I don't think it's a tech thing. It was developed and worked fine. I think the world went with their tech turnover and assumed. Instead, I think it's a TV contract thing and use the way it mysteriously works perfectly in other countries as some justification for this theory. 

Just guesses but I feel pretty good on this
I think I agree with Joe, just stupidity on their part. Hopefully it costs them a lot of money in subscriptions and what not.

Users who are viewing this thread