What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What happened to the IDP Roundtable Podcast? (1 Viewer)

bronco fan

Footballguy
I for one am very disappointed in the IDP content on the site. The IDP Roundtable Podcast has been a must hear event for me in past years. Why has it disappeared? Also, injury updates for IDP before gametime is no where to be found. If this doesn't change, this will be my last year subscribing to Football Guys.

I disagree. As Sigmund says: "IDP is REAL fantasy football", as evidenced by him including IDP in his Bloom 100.

I disagree. As Sigmund says: "IDP is REAL fantasy football", as evidenced by him including IDP in his Bloom 100.
Just because it's "real" ff football doesn't mean that it's still a small niche group.

It is actually the closest to original FF because there isn't a lot of industry info out there so owners have to research for themselves.  It's the good and bad of IDP.

Just because you don't appreciate IDP doesn't mean it's a small group. There's more of us out there than you realize. Of course we are not a large of a group as tame offense only leagues, but we deserve some information. I am only asking for what was on the site previously, not anything new.

Just because you don't appreciate IDP doesn't mean it's a small group. 
Hey man, if anyone read your post, they appreciate IDP. There's like 6 people in this forum posting. This isn't even Twitter.  We are on a dying platform (message boards) talking about a brand of fantasy that is for the hardcore. 

Really, Football Guys is aging. The owners, writers, everyone. They're old. We're old. Maybe you're not. But trust me, most of the guys on this board, and running this site, were rocking Z Cavaricci in high school. 

Hey man, if anyone read your post, they appreciate IDP. There's like 6 people in this forum posting. This isn't even Twitter.  We are on a dying platform (message boards) talking about a brand of fantasy that is for the hardcore. 

Really, Football Guys is aging. The owners, writers, everyone. They're old. We're old. Maybe you're not. But trust me, most of the guys on this board, and running this site, were rocking Z Cavaricci in high school. 

Holy throwback... lmao. Weird timing, too, as I was at a family function Saturday and my niece forwarded me a prom picture in that suit exactly. Her employer is my HS sweetheart and had shared the pic with my niece. She rocked a black and fuschia dress and I had a Purple ZC suit for senior prom. 

No idea how niche IDP is. I would love to see some data on percentage (or other calculations) of leagues that are IDP.

Z Cavaricci. My ex-girlfriend used to try and get me to wear those. I liked tight jeans and the Ramones. I had longer hair, too, which was sort of Ramones-y. But my shoes betray me. They're not Chuck Taylors until college, and even then they take on a punk/prep look with my kahkis and ringer shirts, which are very prep but also pop-punk. My high school shoes? Hi-top Reebok Pumps, perfect for the middle-class kid with disposable income. Spanking white and blue, just like you. 

So there you have it. I also, despite my punkish/jock leanings, had a blue cummerbund in high school to match her dress for senior prom. It looks terrible in pictures, and I never wanted it. A year later, as a PG with the same date but different status of dating, I would choose a muted grey paisley cummerbund, and it looked good with the tuxedo even by what would be today's standards of cummerbunds (if they still have those. I may be two decades too late or they might be in fashion again).

But to reiterate, you aren't going to get the hardcore IDP coverage here. 

Last edited by a moderator:
IDP Roundtable is great but the content is still on this site.  If you look on the Week XX Season Long page it is listed as Eyes of the Guru - by Norton.  The IDP Roundtable basically went down this article a day after it came out.  I like listening so I did not have to read it all but it is still on the site.

Where can a person go for Rest of the Season IDP Rankings ?    Please Advise !     THANKS !

I love the Eyes Of The Guru article,  but it would provide much MORE value if it could be posted before waivers run. My league waits until 10:00 pm central time on Wednesday, which is fairly late, which is pretty late for waivers, but the article is almost never posted before then. 

Voltron said:
I love the Eyes Of The Guru article,  but it would provide much MORE value if it could be posted before waivers run. My league waits until 10:00 pm central time on Wednesday, which is fairly late, which is pretty late for waivers, but the article is almost never posted before then. 
Yes it would be nice if it could be posted early Weds afternoon. We run waivers at 6pm

Voltron said:
This has been a common complaint over the years.  I believe the response has always been that it takes a lot of time for Norton to review all the game tape to come to his conclusions and that he tries to get it out as soon as he can.  It just happens to be right around Thursday morning as the time he can get it submitted.  

Voltron said:
i was coming to ask when this article gets posted 
its a great resource but completely useless as it never gets published before waiver runs
FBG idp coverage has greatly declined over the past few years 

i was coming to ask when this article gets posted 
its a great resource but completely useless as it never gets published before waiver runs
FBG idp coverage has greatly declined over the past few years 
The IDP coverage decline directly coincided with the explosion of daily fantasy football... hey I get it, there is much broader interest in daily fantasy sports (especially among the younger generation constantly buried in their smart phones and needing an immediate fix) and therefore a profit center. This is a business, after all. I don't blame FBG's for investing where the largest profit margins are. Still, it is disappointing they would do so at the expense of an admittedly small, but also very loyal customer base here. They basically punted IDP.

This board used to be teaming with IDP veterans and FBG's staff alike sharing amazing information. I remember like yesterday when the demise began in earnest... several of the FBG's staff members started shilling for daily fantasy sites on this message board. And did so with a guise like they were doing so for fun and doing everyone a favor... when in reality they were getting a kickback from the daily fantasy sites they were promoting. I was fine with FBG's having ads for daily fantasy sites on the website. But thought staff members using the message boards to try to get members to join daily fantasy sites felt misleading at best. Always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Everyone here is 47.

I just wish I could customize the weekly emails to mail me EOTG.  I prefer to read it compared to the podcast, but I don't always remember.  I always read the Tuesday night articles, but sometimes forget to read EOTG or The Monster.

Sig put out a youtube only smaller version of the IDP podcast on youtube the last two weeks called IDP Blitz.
I've been looking for the podcast as well and finally found it on the website but, for whatever reason it's not loading through to my podcast app.  

As a total side note, for those that have not played IDP, you don't know what you're missing.  Imagine playing half a game and then realize that's what you're doing.  There is so much there and like everything in FF, you can customize it to fit the people you play with.  If you love FF, IDP gives you more of what you love.  

I'm probably on the fringe but, I ran an all IDP league for a few years that I called Upside Down FF.  We did full IDP lineups where owners could set their lineup to fit different formations and then for fun, we threw in a Team Offense (scored points based on points scored in real life) and then a PK.  The guys that played loved it.  I just didn't have time to keep running it with all the other leagues and real life stuff I had going on.   A lot of guys still ask me when I'm bringing it back.  Point is, it's all fun.  Try if if you haven't.

I've been looking for the podcast as well and finally found it on the website but, for whatever reason it's not loading through to my podcast app.  

As a total side note, for those that have not played IDP, you don't know what you're missing.  Imagine playing half a game and then realize that's what you're doing.  There is so much there and like everything in FF, you can customize it to fit the people you play with.  If you love FF, IDP gives you more of what you love.  

I'm probably on the fringe but, I ran an all IDP league for a few years that I called Upside Down FF.  We did full IDP lineups where owners could set their lineup to fit different formations and then for fun, we threw in a Team Offense (scored points based on points scored in real life) and then a PK.  The guys that played loved it.  I just didn't have time to keep running it with all the other leagues and real life stuff I had going on.   A lot of guys still ask me when I'm bringing it back.  Point is, it's all fun.  Try if if you haven't.
You are preaching to the choir on this statement.  The 10-20 of us that frequent this forum have been preaching that for years.  

@Joe Bryant

I just have to vent again here about the content on the site.  The IDP sleeper article is not what it says it is.  Here is the intro

"As the season progresses it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season."

However, every week it lists players from the previous week that had outstanding games.  I have no problem with having an article that does this as sometimes it might alert you to someone on that is excelling that you may not have seen because you don't watch every game.  However, it is not a sleeper article trying to identify who to play in the upcoming week that might have a good matchup or under the radar that has a possibility of outproducing their community value.  The article does nothing identified in the intro paragraph.  

Every week I hope it changes but it is the same regurgitation of the previous week.  Again, there is a place for that and it has value.  I am just saying call it what it is.  Don't get my hopes up of identifying possible "sleepers" for the upcoming week and then tell me who had good weeks last week.  

On the other hand the Dynasty IDP Sleepers list is just that.  It identifies players that are getting new opportunities or that have started getting increased snap counts and could be longer term plays.  This is a solid article that is in line with what is advertised.  The reality is you really only need this article as the "sleeper" article and change the other one to a look back at the previous week's studs.  

I am not sure why it bothers me so much as it's all just info.  I just wish it was advertised properly.  Ok.  Thanks for the time to vent...haha

@Joe Bryant

I just have to vent again here about the content on the site.  The IDP sleeper article is not what it says it is.  Here is the intro

"As the season progresses it is hard to find those diamonds in the rough or that guy that no one has heard of. This week we are going to examine the plethora of injuries across the league and who the most likely successor is to that starting job as well as highlight some prime matchups as well as surprising performers to this point. This article will also highlight a few long-term and speculative players that could see their value rise over the course of the season."

However, every week it lists players from the previous week that had outstanding games.  I have no problem with having an article that does this as sometimes it might alert you to someone on that is excelling that you may not have seen because you don't watch every game.  However, it is not a sleeper article trying to identify who to play in the upcoming week that might have a good matchup or under the radar that has a possibility of outproducing their community value.  The article does nothing identified in the intro paragraph.  

Every week I hope it changes but it is the same regurgitation of the previous week.  Again, there is a place for that and it has value.  I am just saying call it what it is.  Don't get my hopes up of identifying possible "sleepers" for the upcoming week and then tell me who had good weeks last week.  

On the other hand the Dynasty IDP Sleepers list is just that.  It identifies players that are getting new opportunities or that have started getting increased snap counts and could be longer term plays.  This is a solid article that is in line with what is advertised.  The reality is you really only need this article as the "sleeper" article and change the other one to a look back at the previous week's studs.  

I am not sure why it bothers me so much as it's all just info.  I just wish it was advertised properly.  Ok.  Thanks for the time to vent...haha

Thanks as always for the feedback. I think this may be just a difference of opinion. A quick look at the first 3 players on this week's article: https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-idp-dynasty-sleepers-week10

Linebackers

Josh Bynes (BAL): Anytime this guy gets regular snaps, he produces well. Malik Harrison has been out, and Patrick Queen, while extremely talented, just has not put up good numbers since the start of the season. Bynes is 32, so this is not an add-and-stash type of recommendation. This is for you owners that are looking for a steady LB2 in most formats and are in win-now mode.

Jalen Reeves-Maybin (DET): Reeves-Maybin has been on this list previously, but now that Detroit’s coming off its bye and has a great string of games in terms of potential linebacker production, we need to add him here again. He’s just 26 years old and had pretty good grades coming out of Tennessee in terms of potential. We really like his 4-week outlook.

Jonathon Cooper and Baron Browning (DEN): We highlighted a couple other Denver outside linebackers in previous iterations of this column, but now it looks like Cooper will be the Von Miller replacement, and has the chops to really produce. If you’re looking for steady tackles, however, look to Cooper’s old college teammate in Baron Browning. With all the injuries to the Bronco inside linebackers, Browning is now getting his shot. He could certainly be a cheap source of tackles for the remainder of the season and could hold down a starting spot in 2022 and beyond.

I don't see that as "regurgitation of the previous week". Or just calling out last week's "outstanding games". Not at all. Simply "regurgitating" last week is obviously something we don't want to do. I'll pass this along to the team and we'll keep trying to make this as good as it can be. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Bryant said:
Thanks as always for the feedback. I think this may be just a difference of opinion. A quick look at the first 3 players on this week's article: https://www.footballguys.com/article/2021-idp-dynasty-sleepers-week10

I don't see that as "regurgitation of the previous week". Or just calling out last week's "outstanding games". Not at all. Simply "regurgitating" last week is obviously something we don't want to do. I'll pass this along to the team and we'll keep trying to make this as good as it can be. Thanks for the feedback and thanks for reading.

I agree and think the article you referenced is good and wasn't the one I was referring too.  I was talking about this article  IDP Sleepers, Week 10.  I think part of the issue is you have two articles revolving around "sleepers".  One is actually getting at sleepers while the other just goes over previous week results.  

Users who are viewing this thread