What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who Are You Most Concerned About After Week 2? (1 Viewer)

zamboni

Footballguy
While it's typically best to let things play out and not draw too much after two weeks, sometimes there are key warning signs that things may not get appreciably better for some players.

I'll start with one: George Kittle

As we all know, he's a fantastic player/tight end. Talent wise, right there with Kelce and Waller. But working against him is a run-heavy recipe by the Niners and the emergence of Deebo (and I think we'll hear more from Aiyuk as the season rolls along). In years past, his stats were helped a lot by being the primary pass catcher in the offense, but no longer if Deebo and Aiyuk are healthy (which they haven't been together for a long stretch). And Kittle is so good of a blocker that he can stay in more to do the dirty work, while Samuel/Aiyuk/Sherfield are the ones to run the routes. Who knows if/when Lance will get behind center,  but I think that makes it even more of a negative trend for George. I think Kittle will have some big games (he's too good not to), but I don't see much consistency along the way.

Who is giving you the most concern after two weeks (injuries aside, of course)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree on Kittle... fully!

Kamara owners must have serious concerns ROS.

Zeke owners can't be happy about how much action Pollard is seeing.

All the guesswork about which Steelers WR to own? The answer may be none of them.

Chubb/Hunt looking close to 50/50 split... could be unsettling for Chubb owners.

Robinson (JAX) looks like a drop.

Callaway (NOS) looks like a drop.

Henderson. I would love to hear that it's bruised ribs & not broken ribs. 🙏  I was going to flex in JaWill for him this week anyway (Bucs matchup no bueno) but he's been really good so far & I would hate to lose him for an extended period. 

Also it would be nice to see Higgins get a long catch/more yards - mostly I'm concerned with Joe Burrow's implosion yesterday. As a Higgins/Mixon owner, turning the ball over like it's coming into style is concerning for so many reasons. 

Barkley looks extremely conservative and although I understand it's expected to have a slow start after a year without playing and the injury he had, I'm also saying this based on his ADP in PPR. He was drafted mid round in PPR in most drafts and he looks really sluggish and the Oline is still a disaster.  I would be worried if I picked him at 6th or 8th...

I dealt away Kamara 2 years ago in dynasty, fearing that the loss of Brees would result in exactly this. For 2 years I felt like maybe I'd made a mistake. When I saw Jameis light it up in the preseason I felt like I'd made a mistake. 

I no longer feel that way. Love the player - hate the situation. Gonna be a long year if "Tampa Winston" keeps showing up like that. O/U on benched for Hill? That might be the best thing for Kamara, and it still might not be great.

Henderson. I would love to hear that it's bruised ribs & not broken ribs. 🙏  I was going to flex in JaWill for him this week anyway (Bucs matchup no bueno) but he's been really good so far & I would hate to lose him for an extended period.
Injuries aside, as mentioned above, but even if he's healthy I might be worried that he opened the door for Michel (who looked pretty good) to assume some of the load even if Henderson is fully healthy.

I no longer feel that way. Love the player - hate the situation. Gonna be a long year if "Tampa Winston" keeps showing up like that. O/U on benched for Hill? That might be the best thing for Kamara, and it still might not be great.
I think Hill in there would be worse, if last year is any indication when Brees was out. Hill was much more of a tuck and run guy and didn't throw much to Kamara.

Injuries aside, as mentioned above, but even if he's healthy I might be worried that he opened the door for Michel (who looked pretty good) to assume some of the load even if Henderson is fully healthy.
That was also a concern, yes. 

My hope now is that they rest Henderson week 3 against the Bucs, where Sony does nothing to inspire confidence (because the Bucs should shut him down) and Henderson comes back fresh week 4. This would be the dream. :wub:  

With my luck he has 3 broken ribs & will be back in week 7. 

I think Hill in there would be worse, if last year is any indication when Brees was out. Hill was much more of a tuck and run guy and didn't throw much to Kamara.
Still better than Tampa Winston though. At least Hill could potentially sustain drives. That whole Saints offense looks awful....is something I haven't said in a long long time. 

heck, the dude who picked him 2.10 in my league just put him on the block. 

Personally I see Barkley as a decent buy-low. He should get more and more comfortable as he tests that knee. Once that happens, look out. 
Absolutely. He's someone I would get in a trade if reasonable. He will get the rust off little by little but right now, he's tough to watch. There was a gigantic hole at some point in the game and it's something everyone saw because it doesn't happen often with that o-line but somehow, it was there...the old Barkley would have gashed that hole for a 30 yard run if not all the way to the end zone.....he reacted so slow, the door shut down on him for a 4 yard pick up. But yeah, he will get better if the knee holds. There is talent in this offense so he should get better hence I would buy him low right now for sure. However, as a mid to late first rounder in most draft, it's not looking good.

Agree on Kittle... fully!

Zeke owners can't be happy about how much action Pollard is seeing.

All the guesswork about which Steelers WR to own? The answer may be none of them.

Chubb/Hunt looking close to 50/50 split... could be unsettling for Chubb owners.

Robinson (JAX) looks like a drop.

Callaway (NOS) looks like a drop.
Kittle and Kamara could be buy low opportunities. 

-Zeke with fresher legs in November and December, will welcome some of that. 

-Pittsburgh doesn't seem to be scoring a lot of points yet, still a work in progress with Harris at RB. 

-Chubb and Hunt were always going to see a split, they don't want to overuse them, still have 15 more weeks. 

Robinson might be a buy low, would not cut him yet. 

Callaway is a disaster right now and a black hole in the flex spot or WR3 spots in line ups, agreed. 

Good post/thread idea

That was also a concern, yes. 

My hope now is that they rest Henderson week 3 against the Bucs, where Sony does nothing to inspire confidence (because the Bucs should shut him down) and Henderson comes back fresh week 4. This would be the dream. :wub:  

With my luck he has 3 broken ribs & will be back in week 7. 
My Luck won't help you. In my dynasty league my depth charts was Dobbins - Mostert - Henderson. I could be to my RB4 as my RB1 for week 3. The rest of my team is good so I am 2-0 but I can't rely on any RB to stay healthy or productive.

I'm not sure I'm concerned with any early round guys yet. Some mid-round guys though:

Mike Davis, his entire selling point was workhorse RB. He's not that by a longshot. He's a borderline cut, as Patterson is a threat, a bad offense hurts, and frankly, this was easy to see coming, but he went as a top-25 RB in most leagues anyway. Same applies to Gaskin, though more people were against him.

Robby Anderson, seems DJ Moore has clearly pulled away from him, and CMC's return has made it too tough for 2 WR's to have value.

Laviska Shenault, Urban Meyer is greatly out of his depth, and has pigeonholed him into a gadget/slot role. 

Mark Andrews, this may be premature, but his big selling point was that he was the #1 pass catcher on his team. Sure seems like Hollywood has taken that from him. He's still a starter for fantasy teams, but I'm not sure he's a top-5 guy going forward. 

Kamara obviously......Winston is a bum.

Shenault and Robinson......how the hell are these two not heavily involved?  Meyer is a bum too ...

Not sure about Daltons injury, but I'm not excited about Allen Robinson's prospects with Fields playing quarterback. 

The Chargers offense. They move the ball up and down the field with ease, but kill themselves with penalties, taking TD's and TD opportunities off the board.

Michael Thomas. Even if he comes back motivated, he needs a QB. 

CEH 

I’ll reserve judgment on the Packers for now

CEH. The offense doesn't seem to need him. Williams got the goalline carry. I'm hoping its a gamescript, a combination of CLE/BAL both putting up points and being stout against the run but I do feel like I am making excuses for him. 

CEH. The offense doesn't seem to need him. Williams got the goalline carry. I'm hoping its a gamescript, a combination of CLE/BAL both putting up points and being stout against the run but I do feel like I am making excuses for him. 
CEH for sure. He caught 55 passes his last yr in college but doesn't sniff a look in this offense and that fumble last night probably won't help either. 

Me

once again I’m thoroughly mediocre

can’t seem to push my lifetime record (25 years?) past the narrow band of .625-.650. most leagues I win a title once every 4-6 years.

not impressed.
Same here, GB....I do the work, draft well and then the season starts and its an underwhelming steaming pile of 🙂Best wishes for a big time turn up! :thumbup:

A couple more of mine:

Miles Sanders: we knew some sort of time share was happening, but didn't expect Gainwell to eat into his opportunities that much, that soon - and especially at the goal line. At least Scott hasn't played virtually at all thus far.

Michael Pittman: seemed like a potential breakout yesterday could be quickly curtailed if Jacob Eason is forced to start for the foreseeable future.

Consider none of their wrs were drafted, unless you count Ty Montgomery, it could be argued why Winston looks so bad because his weapons lack ability. Not saying so, just playing devils advocate. Even Tampa Winston moved the ball.
True, but then how many triple teams can Thomas take?

Start with the early round RB's for me: 

Kamara: Took this week off after a solid week 1. Im not as low on him as others in here, I think Payton will still provide a lot of clever ways to get him the ball regardless of how bad Winston may be. 

Taylor: Tough matchup with Rams, but Wentz going down hurts the entire offense. I thought he would be more involved in the passing game this week. 

CEH: obvious reasons, could be headed for a full RBBC here, but needs to be more involved in the pass game to live up to the value but i'm not seeing it. 

Robinson: Does Urban's group just not like him or is the game always too far out of reach to get him involved? 

Robby Anderson, seems DJ Moore has clearly pulled away from him, and CMC's return has made it too tough for 2 WR's to have value.

Laviska Shenault, Urban Meyer is greatly out of his depth, and has pigeonholed him into a gadget/slot role. 

Got em both. Anderson will probably splash here and there but will be impossible to count on week in and out. 

How long is Meyer going to get as HC? He's making Gase look competent at this point. 

The concern for Barkley owners is he has 83 rushing yards on 23 attempts after two games. But one of them went for 41 yards. I'm not the best at math, but by my calculations, that means he's averaged only 1.9 ypc on all his other carries. I believe that would be considered ungood. Being 5th on the team in YFS also not gonna cut it.

I am slightly worried about Deandre Hopkins.

He has 3 TDs so far which is great, but for the 1st 2 weeks,  he has 12 targets out of 76 passes, which is only a 16% target share.  Out of the AZ WRs, Moore has 13 targets, Hopkins and Green have 12 targets, and Kirk has 9 targets.  So Murray is spreading it around really well.  Last year Hopkins had a 29% target share.  Much of Hopkins' value comes from the consistent volume, and while it's only 2 games, I don't think he's going to come close to the 29% target share going forward, and I would be surprised if he even gets to 25% share.  Too many mouths to feed in AZ.

Worried now: CEH, Shenault, Aiyuk, Callaway (I missed big on that one)

Worried if they don't have a big week when the schedule opens up in week 3: Saquon

Winston was solid in his 20 attempts week 1 and putrid in week 2.  He still has an arm, so maybe they try to unleash him….or maybe he just needs a reliable receiver and not a collection of undrafted whodats….

I am slightly worried about Deandre Hopkins.

He has 3 TDs so far which is great, but for the 1st 2 weeks,  he has 12 targets out of 76 passes, which is only a 16% target share.  Out of the AZ WRs, Moore has 13 targets, Hopkins and Green have 12 targets, and Kirk has 9 targets.  So Murray is spreading it around really well.  Last year Hopkins had a 29% target share.  Much of Hopkins' value comes from the consistent volume, and while it's only 2 games, I don't think he's going to come close to the 29% target share going forward, and I would be surprised if he even gets to 25% share.  Too many mouths to feed in AZ.
Interesting one - hadn't thought about him. Hopkins will still have very good numbers when all is said and done, but a 29% target share is indeed huge and tough to sustain unless there are no other viable options (which they have now). Murray's ascension as a QB is great for the overall offense and the peripheral talent, but may come at a slight cost to Hopkins.

The Miami Dolphins seem like they have taken major steps backwards this season. 

They haven't scored in almost 6 quarters of AFC East football in the last 8 days. 

Jacoby Brissett 24/40 for whopping Buck-69 in relief of Tua, you might think down big they would at least throw it deep a few times, didn't seem to materialize. 

I will add Robert Woods.    He and Kupp were ranked right next to each other all through the drafting season.  After two weeks, there is clearly a favorite target for Stafford.

That might be based on coverage and scheme, but I am a little worried that Woods just won't be what he was drafted to be. 

My Luck won't help you. In my dynasty league my depth charts was Dobbins - Mostert - Henderson. I could be to my RB4 as my RB1 for week 3. The rest of my team is good so I am 2-0 but I can't rely on any RB to stay healthy or productive.
Fortunately Henderson / JaWill were my 3-4, but with JaWill reportedly nursing an oblique injury, that leaves me way more thin that I'm comfortable with. Fingers crossed. 

Also it would be nice to see Higgins get a long catch/more yards - mostly I'm concerned with Joe Burrow's implosion yesterday. As a Higgins/Mixon owner, turning the ball over like it's coming into style is concerning for so many reasons. 

The INTs were insane, but the main issue with the game yesterday was Cincy O-Line.  I think that he was really rattled and that led him to make some bad decisions forcing the ball.  The last 2 drives, he was able to settle in and get some things done.

Now, the line play may continue to be poor, so he may still have issues, but my guess is that they can figure out a better way to scheme and that Burrow will learn from the situation.

I will add Robert Woods.    He and Kupp were ranked right next to each other all through the drafting season.  After two weeks, there is clearly a favorite target for Stafford.

That might be based on coverage and scheme, but I am a little worried that Woods just won't be what he was drafted to be. 
I missed Kupp by 1 pick. Settled for DJ Moore, who's been excellent, but he hasn't been Kupp. 

That said, IIRC, Kupp gets dinged up quite a bit & Woods has missed like 1 game in his entire career. I have a feeling it'll get more balanced regardless, but should Kupp miss any time, Woods is the obvious beneficiary. 

The INTs were insane, but the main issue with the game yesterday was Cincy O-Line.  I think that he was really rattled and that led him to make some bad decisions forcing the ball.  The last 2 drives, he was able to settle in and get some things done.

Now, the line play may continue to be poor, so he may still have issues, but my guess is that they can figure out a better way to scheme and that Burrow will learn from the situation.
Oh, I completely agree - I don't know why after an entire college career and time in the NFL, young QBs still don't know they just need to throw it away or eat the ball on a sack. 

Tom Brady has made a pretty good career doing a turtle impression when the play is just busted. Even Mahomes last night - good god, he tried to throw that interception 3x and finally succeeded on the 3rd.  It's just hero ball, and it's stupid. 

I'm definitely putting the blame on the OL for the Cinci picks, but Burrow has to know you just can't do that in an NFL game. Live to fight another down, man. My god. I watched the "highlights" last night & was dumbfounded. Jaw-droppingly terrible ball security. 

No one. It's two weeks. TWO WEEKS! 14 more fantasy weeks still to play. 14 MORE!

Have a dish of ice cream and chill out.
15 more.  15 MORE! 

lol 

Also, it's never too early to panic. I live in CA. In case of an earthquake, I do not sit around feeling my domicile vibrating & think, "I should chill out - this'll probably be fine" 

No, I get my dogs & GTFO as quickly as possible. Sometimes panicking helps. Even in FF. Someone's buy-low can be  your "cut bait on a player who's not gonna get it done this year". 

The trick is correctly identifying who to panic over. ;)  

Last year Chubb averaged 17.16 touches per game and his highest snap % was 61 and was number 9 overall RB despite missing 4 games.

This year he's had 17 touches and 12 touches and played 53% and 57% of snaps and he is the number 3 overall RB.

I wouldn't be too concerned.

They haven't scored in almost 6 quarters of AFC East football in the last 8 days. 

Jacoby Brissett 24/40 for whopping Buck-69 in relief of Tua, you might think down big they would at least throw it deep a few times, didn't seem to materialize. 
I didn't watch yesterday. What's with Brissett totally ignoring the only productive wr (Waddle)?

I worry that Waddle will be impossible to start with Brissett at QB.

Users who are viewing this thread