What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

exactly - thee is a cost to it. you can’t put a claim for someone you drop, have to wait for them to clear waivers.

I was switching out my streaming DSTs and noticed McFarland was on the wire (I have Najee.) so I dropped the DST for McFarland, moved him from active to IR, then picked up the new DST.

did the same thing preseason when someone dropped Bateman. so both my IR spots were drafted by another team. I also don’t have flexibility if one of my active guys get hurt as we only have two IR spots (kind of standard.)

guess Im not seeing why it’s poor form to allow teams to pick up guys who are hurt and carry them. I play with adults, we get to manage our teams however we see fit. how would you even police “you can’t pick up guys on IR” - what platform allows that kind of setup?
We have unlimited IR spots in our dynasty league. I do see how forcing a team to drop a player and expose them to waivers for a week could mitigate the situation. Otherwise teams would just grab every player on IR with any possible future value and stash them.

We have unlimited IR spots in our dynasty league.
 Then it makes sense for your situation.

90%+ of redraft leagues have 2 slots, the rest 1. unlimited IR in redraft would be absurd. I’d have 10 guys stashed if I could.

Our league is 18 x 12 with 2 IR. I virtually always have 20 players. If my guys are all healthy I look to see who is IR or PUP and scheduled to be back in 3 or 8 weeks or whatever.

Debating dropping Shenault for R. Moore or D.Mooney.
Hoping one of them could be a WR3/Flex ROS if needed...might be lofty expectations.

-R.Moore is currently all the rage but, as it's been mentioned, there are alot of mouths to feed in AZ.
-D. Mooney had some preseason hype but the QB play seems to keep his ceiling relatively low.
-Shenault could have a higher ceiling week to week if JAX figures out how to use him and he stays healthy...which could be wishful thinking.

Hoping one of them could be a WR3/Flex ROS if needed...might be lofty expectations.

-R.Moore is currently all the rage but, as it's been mentioned, there are alot of mouths to feed in AZ.
-D. Mooney had some preseason hype but the QB play seems to keep his ceiling relatively low.
-Shenault could have a higher ceiling week to week if JAX figures out how to use him and he stays healthy...which could be wishful thinking.

Moore's a no-brainer in that situation, IMO

Evan Silva mentioned Jake Funk as a stash.

He only played 3 snaps in week 2, but I guess Henderson's status is iffy(?) and Michel has not been a model of health himself.

Idk prolly no week 3 value for Funk but maybe down the road.  I tend to listen when Silva mentions someone.

Evan Silva

⁦‪@evansilva⁩

More Thoughts:

* Stash Jake Funk!
* #Falcons calling plays like they’re terrified of OL
* Big #Bills RB games are a tease
* #Bengals OL even worse than advertised
* Justin Jackson retook #Chargers No. 2 RB from Rountree
* Os to stream Ds against: #Jets, #Texans, #Jaguars, #Colts

Definitely safer with the upside of a top 3 QB in Kyler rather than two rookies.

A.J. Green getting a lot of snaps and doing a lot of nothing with them. If Moore continues to get himself open, Green's snaps will have to decline. He is way past his prime.

How about Demetric Felton in CLE?  I liked this post from @LawFitz  in another thread.

Felton is terribly underrated b/c he didn't time well in pre-draft workouts. Despite that, he was a stud at UCLA as both a WR and RB and dominated the Senior Bowl. He also got rave reviews during camp/preseason and then flashed big time last weekend in very limited opportunities, while the rest of the the Brownie WR corps (outside of OBJ and maybe Schwartz) have looked like JAGs in the regular season. Felton is in prime position to take over and excel in Landry's underneath role. And he's not being hyped at all, so is probably available in 90% of redraft leagues right now. Plus he's listed with dual eligibility in Yahoo, so if he does hit, you get that bonus as well.

https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/800373-cleveland-offense-without-landry-what-do-you-expect/?do=findComment&comment=23600216

He sounds intriguing, but just don't know how much volume there will be for him in a run-heavy offense with a lot of receiving options even without Landry.
Yep.  Completely agree.  He is listed as RB on CBS.  My RB room is..not good.  Part of my thinking with him is that he would be next man up at RB to split some touches in the backfield if either of Chubb or Hunt got dinged.  So a couple of roulette numbers covered in such case.

Even if you leave all of that aside, Fields is a somewhat raw rookie who's going to make his bones with his rushing. Would seem to limit Mooney's ceiling

have you watched him? dude has a cannon and can make all the throws. miles ahead of the other recent running QBs (Lamar, Hunt.) he’s Deshaun in Cam’s body.

ok, that’s hyperbole, unlikely he will be as good as Watson’s rookie half season, and he’s smaller than Newton - but just saying, don’t pigeon hole his passing just yet. that 6/13 last weekend probably should have been 9 or 10 completions, way too many drops.

Adam Levitan

⁦‪@adamlevitan⁩

Darrell Henderson was on his way to uniquely special usage. Wonder if this rib injury makes McVay pull back some even once DHendo is ready. ocregister.com/2021/09/20/ram…

9/22/21, 11:09 AM

have you watched him? dude has a cannon and can make all the throws. miles ahead of the other recent running QBs (Lamar, Hunt.) he’s Deshaun in Cam’s body.

ok, that’s hyperbole, unlikely he will be as good as Watson’s rookie half season, and he’s smaller than Newton - but just saying, don’t pigeon hole his passing just yet. that 6/13 last weekend probably should have been 9 or 10 completions, way too many drops.
Good points, and no, I haven't gotten to watch him yet. I will keep an open mind.  :thumbup:

Still don't think he makes Mooney fantasy relevant, though.

Even if you leave all of that aside, Fields is a somewhat raw rookie who's going to make his bones with his rushing. Would seem to limit Mooney's ceiling

I don't even consider him to be a running QB. He's got mobility to be sure, but he generally used that to extend plays so passing options could open up.  He scored some rushing TDs but he was not a prolific runner in college like Cam & Deshaun were.

Grabbed Cephus for free. Curious to see if he becomes the guy in Detroit who will be throwing from behind a lot this year. 

Grabbed Cephus for free. Curious to see if he becomes the guy in Detroit who will be throwing from behind a lot this year. 

The guy competing with Trinity Benson and KhaDarel Hodge and Tom Kennedy and 5’8” Kalie Raymond? Yeah that could happen.

If everyone is healthy he’s probably 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. Biggest problem is he runs big boy routes and Jared prefers flats, digs, and curls 98% of the time,

The guy competing with Trinity Benson and KhaDarel Hodge and Tom Kennedy and 5’8” Kalie Raymond? Yeah that could happen.

If everyone is healthy he’s probably 3rd or 4th in the pecking order. Biggest problem is he runs big boy routes and Jared prefers flats, digs, and curls 98% of the time,
I could see TB12 Trinity Benson emerging at some point this year. I guess he's TB17 now. He had a fantastic off season for the Broncos and has the look of a very good player. He's still new to the Lions. I'd wait for some injuries in front of him before adding him.

Last edited by a moderator:
My starting RB's are Zeke and D Henderson. I for some reason punted on depth at back up RB's. I suppose I could start Michael Carter if Henderson doesn't play. Heck I may have to start him anyways given the brutal matchup for Henderson against TB. 

I play in a deep bench 12 team league. JD McKissic was dropped last week. He's still owned in 95% of leagues in this particular contest. I feel like I need put in a reasonable FAAB bid to get him. I hate it because it's not like he has a big upside. He will probably be inconsistent. He'll probably be a game script dependent play. Still, there is literally nothing out there as far a RB's. Basically, I'm having a tough time formulating what type of bid I may need to get him. There are several teams that are actually worse off than me at RB. I've never seen it so barren at the RB position. 

Is there a thread that talks about FAAB bids or a site I can look into? Any input to how high you would value JD considering my situation. The rest of my team is great. 

I could see TB12 Trinity Benson emerging at some point this year. I guess he's TB17 now. He had a fantastic off season for the Broncos and has the look of a very good player. He's still new to the Lions. I'd wait for some injuries in front of him before adding him.

I was devastated bc I thought we were getting our very own TB12. He only ran 17 routes Monday night (Hock 36, Cephus 35, ARSB 28) and it looked like nothing but 7-8-9 routes. Goff is a 1-2-3-4 route kind of guy (I’m trying to be nice.) 

Heard Trinity had a great summer in Denver. 

Has MVS been mentioned?  Catches not good but air yards are pretty high.  Only a matter of time for the hook up
Sure but air yards with inconsistent targets seems like a recipe for a guy you will never start.

All leagues are different of course butI MO a guy like MVS is similar to owning a high end backup RB, if you worry about Davante getting hurt then roster him, otherwise it's as much of a dart throw as anyone else.

Has MVS been mentioned?  Catches not good but air yards are pretty high.  Only a matter of time for the hook up

Thought for sure he was going to blow up against Detroit. Nope. Gave us his classic goose egg (although Rodgers overthrew him).

He's a desperation play when the matchup is right and you are projected to lose. Back to the wire he goes.

So Rondale Moore and Cordarelle Patterson both get picked up this morning, but I'm pretty interested in some of the players dropped.

Sony Michel

Christian Kirk

Ryan Tannehill

I'm in a 2QB 10 teamer

Trey Lance was dropped.  I have Mahomes, Dak, and Carr already.  I can probably find a spot on my bench.  Is he worth stashing as a 4th QB?

I'm in a 2QB 10 teamer

Trey Lance was dropped.  I have Mahomes, Dak, and Carr already.  I can probably find a spot on my bench.  Is he worth stashing as a 4th QB?
seems like decent trade bait at least. Having 4 QBs is a nice defensive play when there are 20 starters. 

So Rondale Moore and Cordarelle Patterson both get picked up this morning, but I'm pretty interested in some of the players dropped.

Sony Michel

Christian Kirk

Ryan Tannehill
Who the heck is dropping Michel with Henderson getting a rib injury this week? As a DH owner, I'd love for another guy to drop Michel.

Who the heck is dropping Michel with Henderson getting a rib injury this week? As a DH owner, I'd love for another guy to drop Michel.
She's pretty impulsive and frequently a bottom dweller in our league.  Although one year she had Arian Foster plus the Eagles QB, who got hurt, so she picked up his backup, a guy by the name of Michael Vick.  Rode that to a title.

We have unlimited IR spots in our dynasty league. I do see how forcing a team to drop a player and expose them to waivers for a week could mitigate the situation. Otherwise teams would just grab every player on IR with any possible future value and stash them.
Wait until you need to get rid of someone, drop them first, then pick up all the IRs, then pickup your new person. No risk because you were going to drop that person anyway.

I’m generally not a fan of team names based on player puns, but I got to give it up for that one

Yeah, Im with you on that. My main league team name has nothing to do with football or fantasy but fits me. Why name your redraft team after a player, you have to change it every year. And most of the pun names are lame.

This meme video inspired me to come up with a for a new to me league.

Over on the r/detroitlions the guys meme hard. What else ya gonna do when your team blows? Before week 1 the 49ers fans started dropping memes in our sub. We hit back, yada yada yada. Then one of the kids in the Lions sub made a two minute video based on Rabbit’s last rap battle in the movie Eight Mile. Watch it, bunch of hilarious lines. Everyone’s favorite line comes near the end.

it’s good you got Bosa 

cause BOSA DEEZ NUTS

Even the 49er fans had to give it up. 

Anyone, first and probably last time I make up a pun name. 

Odell is on our FA list and I'm seriously thinking of dumping a health but non-functional Chark in Jax for him. Is this a lateral move? Odell would be the only WR in Clev right now, correct?

Odell is on our FA list and I'm seriously thinking of dumping a health but non-functional Chark in Jax for him. Is this a lateral move? Odell would be the only WR in Clev right now, correct?
Odell should never be on the waiver wire unless you play in a 8 team league. Makes no sense that he's not on someone's bench. 

Odell should never be on the waiver wire unless you play in a 8 team league. Makes no sense that he's not on someone's bench. 
10 team with shorter benches. Guys aren't overly into it all though as you can tell.

Someone is gaslighting me and making me feel crazy, but that said, Chark is healthy and really talented in his own right.

10 team with shorter benches. Guys aren't overly into it all though as you can tell.

Someone is gaslighting me and making me feel crazy, but that said, Chark is healthy and really talented in his own right.
shorter bench would explain then. Still, I would like you have Odell on my bench especially if he's getting close to come back. Might be worth it. Chark is talented but I take the veteran WR on a high offense team over a talented WR on a mess of an offense. 

Chark got a bunch of targets in week one, not much in week two and his catch % is horrible (for whatever reason) and the Jags look like a bad team.

OBJ is intriguing, I have him in redraft and am holding for a very specific reason (below). But Chark is on our wire and I am considering him.

Cleveland's identity is run first, last and always. They are averaging just under 25 pass attempts/game. No player has more than eight targets (total) and Landry (and Schwartz) have the most at the WR position with six (6) total targets over two games.

Jacksonville looks very bad but bad teams throw the ball a lot by necessity (42 pass attempts/game). Their top three WRs have 20, 17 & 16 targets over two games and while the catch rate is poor they are getting looks that Cleveland WRs doubtfully will ever see.

Also Jacksonville is passing for their TDs 4:0 and Cleveland rushes for theirs 1:7

Bottom line is Chark is going to get more opportunities over the season and Lawrence should improve, even if only marginally. But it's still going to be a bad team that needs to throw. He's probably the better bet.

However, and this is why I am holding OBJ, IF he comes back and, by the Grace of God/Allah/Buddha/Sea Man/Joseph Smith/L Ron Hubbard & The Flying Spaghetti Monster, has a big TD I'm his first game or two he will have some trade value (there is always one guy who loves that name recognition). In that scenario I am going to trade him for whatever I can get.

Not so sure about that. I (re) drafted OBJ (12 team, 16 roster spots) but Cleveland does not look like a team where fantasy WRs go to thrive.

Not so sure about that. I (re) drafted OBJ (12 team, 16 roster spots) but Cleveland does not look like a team where fantasy WRs go to thrive.
and you made my point however....you drafted him. OBJ unless on a small league should be on the bench of a team, not on the waiver wire

and you made my point however....you drafted him. OBJ unless on a small league should be on the bench of a team, not on the waiver wire
My point was that I am considering dropping him.

I mentioned this above, but not in response to your post, the only reason I drafted him and continue to hold him is I was hoping he would have a big game, or an explosive TD, early in the season so I could dish him based upon name value. It is easier to sell OBJ in a weak fantasy WR offense than, say, DJ Chark in a fantasy WR friendly offense.

Daniel Jones and David Carr both look like possible top 10 QBs this year.

Jones has tons of weapons, no running game, and gets rushing yards himself. Plus they play ATL this week. I picked him up to backup Josh Allen just in case the Allen decline is for real.

Carr has always been am underrated QB but never put up huge TD numbers. It's going to be harder for him to reach top 10 without the rushing yardage upside but if Edwards and Ruggs continue to emerge he can finish as a QB1.
If they are gonna continue to dial up runs forJones he could be top ten. He could have had two more TD’s last week if not for a drop and a penalty. They aren’t yet healthy on offense yet he has put up points against a couple good D’s. 

Sony Michel

Christian Kirk

Ryan Tannehill
So I picked up Sony for a buck - had to drop my kicker, but I'll hold until Sunday to see what happens.  I was hoping to do a 2-for-1 with the Henderson owner but I can't see a good trade combination that would work for both of us.  He's spent a lof of FAAB so his bench is decent.  Christian Kirk and Ryan Tannehill are still out there.  MVS got picked up for $50 (we have a $1000 budget).

Anyone want to go to bat for Donovan Peoples-Jones?    The drumbeat was substantial entering the season.   It was more of a just wait until he gets into the starting lineup in 2022 dynasty drumbeat, but if you were going to tell me 2 weeks of no OBJ followed by at least 3 weeks of no Landry, I would have figured this guy was destined to be an early season waiver wire darling based on the hype.

There doesn't seem to be any issue with snap count.   That reflects next man up after Landry & OBJ , but he has been good for one reception in each of the first two games, getting out-produced by the rookie speedster.   It looks like he fumbled, so maybe that's part of the explanation for week 2 along with a Texans gamescript.    Not sure what to make of it other than maybe there's more reason to why he was a 6th rounder than a bad QB situation contributing to a lack of college production.   Still feel like he's not a bad stash just in case, given the obvious opportunity, but I also don't feel like he's going to make me regret not making room for him, unless it's getting loose for one deep ball.   Anyone still expecting him to make noise while he has this precious window?

Anyone want to go to bat for Donovan Peoples-Jones?    The drumbeat was substantial entering the season.   It was more of a just wait until he gets into the starting lineup in 2022 dynasty drumbeat, but if you were going to tell me 2 weeks of no OBJ followed by at least 3 weeks of no Landry, I would have figured this guy was destined to be an early season waiver wire darling based on the hype.

There doesn't seem to be any issue with snap count.   That reflects next man up after Landry & OBJ , but he has been good for one reception in each of the first two games, getting out-produced by the rookie speedster.   It looks like he fumbled, so maybe that's part of the explanation for week 2 along with a Texans gamescript.    Not sure what to make of it other than maybe there's more reason to why he was a 6th rounder than a bad QB situation contributing to a lack of college production.   Still feel like he's not a bad stash just in case, given the obvious opportunity, but I also don't feel like he's going to make me regret not making room for him, unless it's getting loose for one deep ball.   Anyone still expecting him to make noise while he has this precious window?
The passing pie in Cleveland has, so far, been tiny. They are averaging just under 25 passes/game, Landry and Schwartz lead all receivers with 3 targets per game.  The two tight ends are getting 4 targets/game.

I am sure they will pass more but it is difficult to see even 30 passes/game let alone 35, so whatever opportunities are to have probably aren't sustainable for fantasy success.

Losing Landry may cause them to try and pass even less, which certainly has to be their game plan this week at the least.

Users who are viewing this thread