What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (1 Viewer)

Insein

Footballguy
Looked through 4 pages and didn't see a thread. 

Whats everyone got for this week's pickups?

A lot of weak names but some getting hard to ignore. 

ETA: Changed to Weekly Waiver Wire Thread since it's already pinned. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looked through 4 pages and didn't see a thread. 

Whats everyone got for this week's pickups?

A lot of weak names but some getting hard to ignore. 

Cordarelle Patterson - Lots of usage as a RB. 2 TDs

KJ Osborn - 15 targets in 2 games so far

Braxton Berries - 18 targets in 2 games
Berrios is a flavor of the week due to Crowder out

Is Daniel Jones purposefully running more / have more designed runs this year? I know he's always been capable in that department and these 2 games put him at a higher attempt rate than other seasons. Maybe he just has more of a green light to take off this year? He could be a surprise QB1 this season.

I have Dak and I'm looking to add a backup - Cousins, Bridgewater, and Jones are available. All seem like decent pickups.

Pickings are slim in my league. Here's a few I'm debating

Bridgewater if you need a backup QB.  

Patterson has a role, and negative game script seems to be good for him so far

KJ Osborn has been heavily involved 

Renfrow doesn't seem exciting but looks solid in PPR. Raiders look better than advertised. 9 and 7 targets first 2 weeks

Dallas TE. If either guy were to go down the other would make a decent fill-in

Michael Carter if he was dropped.
Carter was dropped in my league, he's among my considerations for this week, though not too excited about it. Right now I have an ugly situation for RB with Montgomery, Barkley, Eli Mitchell, and Gainwell (i have Damien Williams and Booker as handcuffs to Barkley and Montgomery). Also thinking of adding Trent Cannon or Darrell Williams.

Carter was dropped in my league, he's among my considerations for this week, though not too excited about it. Right now I have an ugly situation for RB with Montgomery, Barkley, Eli Mitchell, and Gainwell (i have Damien Williams and Booker as handcuffs to Barkley and Montgomery). Also thinking of adding Trent Cannon or Darrell Williams.
Don't waste your time with Cannon IMO.  Booker is also dead weight.

Is Daniel Jones purposefully running more / have more designed runs this year? I know he's always been capable in that department and these 2 games put him at a higher attempt rate than other seasons. Maybe he just has more of a green light to take off this year? He could be a surprise QB1 this season.

I have Dak and I'm looking to add a backup - Cousins, Bridgewater, and Jones are available. All seem like decent pickups.

Short answer, yes. Watching the Giants game, they had a number of well-designed runs for him. On one he scored a long TD but called back by a penalty. Not quite Lamar Jackson, but you get the idea. As Saquon gets his legs back, this could make him very dangerous. Overall he played pretty well against a tough D. Now we need to see more consistency. 

Also owned in 45% in cbs leagues. I didnt realize this was a dynasty league thread.
We probably need to distinguish redraft and dynasty when we mention a player?  Or I suppose just assume it's redraft when players like Moore are mentioned.  I've always thought we should have a waiver pickup for redraft and one for dynasty.

49ers just signed RB Jacques Patrick off the Bengals' practice squad. 

Not sure what his role would be, but could be a sneaky RB play in deeper leagues for a couple weeks
No matter how much I think I know about this hobby there are always players that fly over my head.  The guy you mentioned is one of those guys.  Now I have to go read up about him.

No matter how much I think I know about this hobby there are always players that fly over my head.  The guy you mentioned is one of those guys.  Now I have to go read up about him.
I took a gander at him on Player Profiler. Those are some of the unsexiest athletic stats I’ve ever seen haha  

JD McKissic was dropped in my high stakes 12 team league. I’m very thin at RB 2 now with the Henderson injury. I hate throwing out a big FAAB bid for him but there is literally nothing else out there. RB is super thin this year.

I'll be honest in that I had very minimal past knowledge about the guy myself. That said, with the MASH unit in SF + how they seem to churn out good rushing play, I think anyone who can get double-digit touches there has the potential to be a Flex with upside. 

I'll be honest in that I had very minimal past knowledge about the guy myself. That said, with the MASH unit in SF + how they seem to churn out good rushing play, I think anyone who can get double-digit touches there has the potential to be a Flex with upside. 
I think you'd really have to be desperate to jump on the 9ers running game this week.

49ers just signed RB Jacques Patrick off the Bengals' practice squad. 

Not sure what his role would be, but could be a sneaky RB play in deeper leagues for a couple weeks
He dominated last year in the France Football League.

What up w/ Jeff Wilson RB SF?

From Rotoworld: Kyle Shanahan said he is hoping for RB Jeff Wilson (meniscus surgery) to return in November but noted it could be slightly earlier or later than that.

I'm going to try to pick him up and stash him on IR until he returns. Could come in handy come playoff time. 

Any thoughts on the Cleveland wr situation?  Higgins or people’s Jones?

Peoples-Jones had a solid preseason and you would think he would be the next man up, but i'm not sold on any of them. Schwartz gives me some appeal, but he might just be the unknown as of now as a rookie which gets me excited. The others we have seen play for some time and I feel are JAG's. 

Where is Moore in the pecking order in Arizona? Kyler is slinging it for sure. Is he worth burning a 3/10 waiver for? Schenault looks like a total bust in that crappy Jax O.
I would say Moore will be #2 after Hopkins, but right now it's a crapshoot, but I think that Moore could be a league winner later in the year.  

Absolutely burn the 3/10 waiver for Moore.

Peoples-Jones had a solid preseason and you would think he would be the next man up, but i'm not sold on any of them. Schwartz gives me some appeal, but he might just be the unknown as of now as a rookie which gets me excited. The others we have seen play for some time and I feel are JAG's. 
Schwartz is the best talent. Prioritizing him for dynasty but understand Peoples-Jones for  redraft.

Users who are viewing this thread