What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Weekly Waiver Wire Pick Ups - **CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK** Week 17 starts on Page 30 (2 Viewers)

I co-sign on this as a Skins-WFT fan. I would expect a heavy dose of McKissic as this team’s garbage defense puts them in bad spots early, but this kid looked like the truth in the preseason. Undrafted and played his way onto the team, leading vets to get cut to make room for him (Barber). The kid looked like MJD ver. 2.0 out there.

I have Gibson and am looking to pick up Patterson.  I can't figure out if I drop R Stevenson or Jamal Williams.  I have Damien Harris, which is why I am balking on dropping RS.  Who would you drop?

I have Gibson and am looking to pick up Patterson.  I can't figure out if I drop R Stevenson or Jamal Williams.  I have Damien Harris, which is why I am balking on dropping RS.  Who would you drop?
Williams easily….Harris gets banged up NE has great schedule Stephenson is a bell cow type guy and caught 3-39 against Dallas- even ran a WR route out of backfield 

And he’s your handcuff!

@Sigmund Bloom Seems as good a place as any to feed back, but giving an indication on downgrades as to what level of pick up you would drop them for is huge (edit - in the waiver wire report if not obvious). Fills in a huge void in that any waiver pickup usually has a corresponding cut, and a lot of the time it's not obvious at all, especially after 2-3 weeks when a lot of the early mid-late round busts have already been settled.

If I didn't have so many pieces of Tyler Boyd and Miles Sanders I probably don't make this post

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sigmund Bloom Seems as good a place as any to feed back, but giving an indication on downgrades as to what level of pick up you would drop them for is huge (edit - in the waiver wire report if not obvious). Fills in a huge void in that any waiver pickup usually has a corresponding cut, and a lot of the time it's not obvious at all, especially after 2-3 weeks when a lot of the early mid-late round busts have already been settled.

If I didn't have so many pieces of Tyler Boyd and Miles Sanders I probably don't make this post

Bloom provided this type of info in his offensive upgrades/downgrades column this week.

For example, T. Boyd was a downgrade and a potential drop if you can pick up somebody he lists as worth 10+ of your wallet.

Bloom provided this type of info in his offensive upgrades/downgrades column this week.

For example, T. Boyd was a downgrade and a potential drop if you can pick up somebody he lists as worth 10+ of your wallet.

Yep, I listened to the waiver show earlier and he was wanting to know if people found the addition useful, and it certainly is

Do you ever start him? Is he covering a bye for you that a replacement won't?

Is it a draft capital thing that is holding you back?

Have started him yes. Prior to Higgins getting back he did have a big PPR game.

I"m not convinced he's completely dead in this offense. This week will be telling BALT is tougher on outside receivers and somewhat poor vs. the slot. 

Right now I almost have to start Boyd due to bye weeks (ekeler, Diggs) and injuries. Debating rolling with R. Stevenson though instead since I'm a huge underdog.

Don't see anything better on the wire (i.e. Lazard, DPJs, C. Samuel, D. Slayton). Considering that I'm a huge underdog this week I may sacrifice this week entirely. That could mean dropping Boyd for a D next week (like SF @CHI or Cinci @NYJ).

Regardless, another dud and he's gone.

I feel like Stevenson will be very fantasy relevant at some point this season.
Starting this week. Jets are getting absolutely blasted by pass catching backs and short- dump offs/ screens. Wouldn't be surprised of another 13-15 pt game

The broncos are legit giving up almost 25 YPR the last 3 weeks to the WR position. That's insane.

That plays into DPJ's role pretty amazingly. It's a somewhat confident start IMO 

The broncos are legit giving up almost 25 YPR the last 3 weeks to the WR position. That's insane.

That plays into DPJ's role pretty amazingly. It's a somewhat confident start IMO 
Denvers D was good the first three weeks against garbage opponents. Now they are beat up and not very good. 

Denvers D was good the first three weeks against garbage opponents. Now they are beat up and not very good. 
Yes, but what kind of opponent is the Cleveland offense without Mayfield, Chubb, Hunt and possibly OBJ and maybe some starting O linemen to boot?

Chaka said:
Yes, but what kind of opponent is the Cleveland offense without Mayfield, Chubb, Hunt and possibly OBJ and maybe some starting O linemen to boot?

What's odd to me is that CLE is still favored.

Something fishy here.

Think everyone expecting DEN to just mop the field up with all  of CLE's backups. Would not at all be surprised to see CLE gut out a win and then DEN spirals into chaos.

What's odd to me is that CLE is still favored.

Something fishy here.

Think everyone expecting DEN to just mop the field up with all  of CLE's backups. Would not at all be surprised to see CLE gut out a win and then DEN spirals into chaos.
Cleveland should be a favorite IMO because their defense is still dangerous and Keenum probably can do just enough to win with that kind of help.

Cleveland is now a -1 favorite...so it is inching closer each passing hour 

They opened at -4.5 but the public may be over-reacting here

themeistersinger said:
Rank these 3 WR for Rest of Season - Full PPR.  I probably don't need to start any of them in Week 7 or 8.

Kadarius Toney - out week 7 with ankle injury, probably out week 8

Jerry Jeudy - on IR due to high ankle sprain - might be activated for Week 8

Rashod Bateman - apparently healthy

Thanks in advance
Bump

Guy 5-1 in our league just dropped Michael Thomas for a kicker  -- what's his status?
Can you hold him through byes? Obviously the talent is there, and someone else will snap him up to hold as a lottery ticket if you don't, but I could see letting him dangle as a trap for another team if you have short benches and don't believe he comes back hot.

Can you hold him through byes? Obviously the talent is there, and someone else will snap him up to hold as a lottery ticket if you don't, but I could see letting him dangle as a trap for another team if you have short benches and don't believe he comes back hot.
I could.  I'm far enough down waivers to not likely get him though (8th) -- probably will try though sitting at 2-4

I heard "still a few more weeks" before he is back.  If you're just dropping somebody that stinks any way then I'd pick him up.
I have Thomas and am considering dropping for Bateman.

New Orleans is not throwing a ton of passes ATM, 24/game, which I know will likely trend up but I think am changing my expectations for when Thomas returns. I just don't think he is going be the target sponge we are all used to.

Maybe he ends up at around 8 targets/game, which is good of course but I think that is his high end and could end up in the 6-7 range. And there are not going to be as many high quality Drew Brees type targets with Jameis under center so I expect a drop in catch % as well.

Maybe I'm overthinking this. Not sure.

New Orleans is not throwing a ton of passes ATM, 24/game, which I know will likely trend up but I think am changing my expectations for when Thomas returns. I just don't think he is going be the target sponge we are all used to.

Maybe he ends up at around 8 targets/game, which is good of course but I think that is his high end and could end up in the 6-7 range. And there are not going to be as many high quality Drew Brees type targets with Jameis under center so I expect a drop in catch % as well.

Bateman should not be rostered

I understand having concern about Baltimore, being a low volume passing offense supporting a 3rd receiving option. It's unlikely.

But there isn't a lower volume passing offense than New Orleans and they haven't been able to support even one receiving option.

NO has 60.8% completions for 169.4 yards/game for 7.5 y/a

Baltimore completes 67.5% of their passes for 266.5 y/g with an 8.7 y/a.

Michael Thomas returning is sure to help every passing metric for New Orleans but I don't think anyone can say with confidence that after an entire off-season with a foot injury, no OTAs, no TC, no practice yet, highly unlikely to be in football shape that he will be magic football relevant this season.

And how do we define relevant? Stud #1 alpha WR? Weekly flex option with upside?

How soon could he possibly be fantasy relevant? He's a "few weeks" out now. Do we hope that by week 10 he's practicing? 

I can see that but it still seems like we are gambling on a lot of things going right in his return to a Drew Breesless offense.

I understand having concern about Baltimore, being a low volume passing offense supporting a 3rd receiving option. It's unlikely.

But there isn't a lower volume passing offense than New Orleans and they haven't been able to support even one receiving option.

NO has 60.8% completions for 169.4 yards/game for 7.5 y/a

Baltimore completes 67.5% of their passes for 266.5 y/g with an 8.7 y/a.

Michael Thomas returning is sure to help every passing metric for New Orleans but I don't think anyone can say with confidence that after an entire offense with a foot injury, no OTAs, no TC, no practice yet, highly unlikely to be in football shape that he will be magic football relevant this season.

And how do we define relevant? Stud #1 alpha WR? Weekly flex option with upside?

How soon could he possibly be fantasy relevant? He's a "few weeks" out now. Do we hope that by week 10 he's practicing? 

I can see that but it still seems like we are gambling on a lot of things going right in his return to a Drew Breesless offense.
Its Michael Thomas. 10 times out of 10 do you pick him over the 3rd passing option on the Ravens who also happens to be a rookie PLUS they have their bye next week.

I see the logic in thinking Thomas won’t be returning to the same role we are all used to, but I still wouldn’t ever consider dropping him for Bateman. 

For as low volume a passing team as NO is, MT will at least we walking into the top role with no competition for targets. Bateman is at best the WR3 on a team that prefers to run (if their defense allows, which hasn’t always been the case this season). 

I'm seeing Dawson Knox get dropped in multiple leagues because of his injury + byepocalypse. In one league I have a claim in on him. In another we have open waivers so I could pick him up right now. The issue is that I already have Kittle (no IR slot) and I'm starting RSJ this week, so I'd have to drop Javonte and then hope that Knox is back by Week 8, especially because if Logan Thomas is also back that means RSJ is turning into a pumpkin.

I'm seeing Dawson Knox get dropped in multiple leagues because of his injury + byepocalypse. In one league I have a claim in on him. In another we have open waivers so I could pick him up right now. The issue is that I already have Kittle (no IR slot) and I'm starting RSJ this week, so I'd have to drop Javonte and then hope that Knox is back by Week 8, especially because if Logan Thomas is also back that means RSJ is turning into a pumpkin.
Knox is being dropped for a reason - it's a few to several week injury and who can afford to hold him that long unless you have an open IR spot. He has a broken hand and generally it would take 6 weeks for proper healing, but they may up it to 4 weeks. I dropped for H Henry because my other TE is Gronk and who knows about him this week. Picked up Knox on week 3 before he really blew up and has been awesome. After bye week apocalypse I may see if I can fit him back into an IR spot. Umm... nope K Hunt will sit there for a month or so. He's just not ready to be picked up unless someone has space somewhere. 

Knox is being dropped for a reason - it's a few to several week injury and who can afford to hold him that long unless you have an open IR spot. He has a broken hand and generally it would take 6 weeks for proper healing, but they may up it to 4 weeks. I dropped for H Henry because my other TE is Gronk and who knows about him this week. Picked up Knox on week 3 before he really blew up and has been awesome. After bye week apocalypse I may see if I can fit him back into an IR spot. Umm... nope K Hunt will sit there for a month or so. He's just not ready to be picked up unless someone has space somewhere. 
Interesting. I hadn't heard that. I had kind of assumed he would only have to miss a week or two. But now that I think of it I realize that may have been my own wishcasting.

Do you have any links discussing his timeline? If he's not going to be back before Kittle I probably won't waste my time on him.

I only play in one league and it's redraft.

There is absolutely an argument for rostering Bateman in redraft.

People we're going nuts over Toney before his big game. WRs emerge much sooner in today's NFL. No reason Bateman can't prove better than Marquise Brown and also no reason that Lamar Jackson can't sustain three receiving threats, particularly when he doesn't have one in the backfield.

Lamar is a 68% passer, the only think holding him back is the play calling and that can change.

Is Bateman worth rostering over Michael Thomas? Probably not but I don't think it is the clear mortal lock decision that many are making it out to be.

You're out of your mind if you think this
No reason to get personal.  I do know that this board has had a huge transition to dynasty leagues starting about 7 to 10 years ago.  I’m sure there are still plenty of re-drafters that frequent this board, but I think it is closer than you think.  I started a poll.

Users who are viewing this thread