What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Whose profile description is this? (1 Viewer)

Despyzer

Lousy Attention Whore
Many years ago (back in the days of Smoo and the Test Forum), profile descriptions used to be really prevalent, and I thought it would be funny to copy word-for-word another well-known poster's description. I remember getting a "what the hell?" reaction from the person I stole it from and very little else.

Does anyone recognize the poster that this profile description actually belongs to?

"Originally, I am a mathematician (graduated in Budapest, Hungary, in 1979), but I turned into a computer scientist after my graduation. I joined the Computing and Automation Institute (SZTAKI) of Budapest in 1979. I then left Hungary in 1986; after having spent 3 years in a private software house called “Insotech Consult GmbH” (which, unfortunately, went down the drain since…) in Munich, Germany, I joined the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Sciences (CWI) in Amsterdam in 1988, as a senior researcher. I also received a PhD in Leiden, the Netherlands, in 1989. I then spent 12 years as a “traditional” computer science researcher working mainly on Computer Graphics. I joined the staff of the World Wide Web Consortium (while maintaining my position at CWI), in January 2001, where I served as Head of Offices until June 2006. Since June 2006 I am Semantic Web Activity Lead. If you want more details on my professional life, you can look at my home page at W3C or my “professional” CV (the latter is just a boring list of projects and references…)."

Many years ago (back in the days of Smoo and the Test Forum), profile descriptions used to be really prevalent, and I thought it would be funny to copy word-for-word another well-known poster's description. I remember getting a "what the hell?" reaction from the person I stole it from and very little else.

Does anyone recognize the poster that this profile description actually belongs to?

"Originally, I am a mathematician (graduated in Budapest, Hungary, in 1979), but I turned into a computer scientist after my graduation. I joined the Computing and Automation Institute (SZTAKI) of Budapest in 1979. I then left Hungary in 1986; after having spent 3 years in a private software house called “Insotech Consult GmbH” (which, unfortunately, went down the drain since…) in Munich, Germany, I joined the Centre for Mathematics and Computer Sciences (CWI) in Amsterdam in 1988, as a senior researcher. I also received a PhD in Leiden, the Netherlands, in 1989. I then spent 12 years as a “traditional” computer science researcher working mainly on Computer Graphics. I joined the staff of the World Wide Web Consortium (while maintaining my position at CWI), in January 2001, where I served as Head of Offices until June 2006. Since June 2006 I am Semantic Web Activity Lead. If you want more details on my professional life, you can look at my home page at W3C or my “professional” CV (the latter is just a boring list of projects and references…)."
@ned sister's potato salad?

But at a guess... first name, Bob?

Users who are viewing this thread