What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jalen Ramsay - who will he cover on the Bucs? (1 Viewer)

Judge Smails

Footballguy
Whomever it is I don't want that guy in my lineup.  I know they are moving him around more now.  Will he be in the slot vs Godwin so he can be down on the line or will he lock up Evans?

I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't cover anyone in particular. 

ETA: If I had to guess I'd bet on Godwin seeing Ramsey the most. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rams mostly play zone coverage now a days with Ramsey sometimes playing man in special situations. My guess against a team like Tampa where they have so many offensive weapons the Rams will mainly deploy a zone. 

If anyone, I think he will lock on to Evans.  Quicker guys give him trouble...on the rare occasion anyone does.

The Rams mostly play zone coverage now a days with Ramsey sometimes playing man in special situations. My guess against a team like Tampa where they have so many offensive weapons the Rams will mainly deploy a zone. 

Their base is cover 4 (aka quarters) and they like to run cover 3 & blitz on 3rd down, Also, Ramsey plays in the slot a little more when he was in Jax (18% v 7%.)

But he still plays man more than most corners.

Last year vs the Rams:

Evans had 5 catches for 49 yds and 1 TD on 9 targets

Godwin had 7 catches for 53 yds and 1 TD on 10 targets

Gronk had 2 catches for 25 yds on 6 targets 

Antonio Brown had 8 catches for 57 yds on 13 targets

Michael Pittman had a monster game last week. I dont think Ramsey locks onto one guy

every Pittman target 2021

Rans highlights start at 1:23

I didn’t see any catches VS #5 in my first glance. Most were on Williams (#11), long one on Fuller (#4), the rest were crosses under the zone or intermediates where the can Rhee handed off and the safety didn’t get there (e.gl, Cover 4.)

Ramsey’s PFF grade for Week 2 was 87.8. 

Last year vs the Rams:

Evans had 5 catches for 49 yds and 1 TD on 9 targets

Godwin had 7 catches for 53 yds and 1 TD on 10 targets

Gronk had 2 catches for 25 yds on 6 targets 

Antonio Brown had 8 catches for 57 yds on 13 targets

See my post above with the link to a tweet

Evans was 4-40-0 when Ramsey was on him

Wasn’t covering him on a 9 yard TD in the 2nd Q on MNF  

As a Rams fan watching this year VS last year, throw away last years game stats. Its a whole new DC in LA that a lot of you seem to have forgot about. Staley, the old DC would run Ramsey almost exclusively in Man and locked down the #1. Last week Ramsey was 50-50 in man vs zone while the majority of the defense was in zone. Week 1 I believe was roughly the same. Even at one point Ramsey was man on the RB in the redzone so I have no idea what our new DC is doing.

This game has me worried as last year our defense was a perfect match VS the Bucs with our front 4 getting pressure and taking away the #1 option with Ramsey. Now I have no idea what he is going to do.

All in all though I wouldn't use last years game as a reference because this new DC seems to be running a totally different defense.

As a Rams fan watching this year VS last year, throw away last years game stats. Its a whole new DC in LA that a lot of you seem to have forgot about. Staley, the old DC would run Ramsey almost exclusively in Man and locked down the #1. Last week Ramsey was 50-50 in man vs zone while the majority of the defense was in zone. Week 1 I believe was roughly the same. Even at one point Ramsey was man on the RB in the redzone so I have no idea what our new DC is doing.

This game has me worried as last year our defense was a perfect match VS the Bucs with our front 4 getting pressure and taking away the #1 option with Ramsey. Now I have no idea what he is going to do.

All in all though I wouldn't use last years game as a reference because this new DC seems to be running a totally different defense.
so all those summertime quotes from Raheem  Morris about not switching from a base of cover 4 were just blowing smoke?

I’m shocked a coach would blatantly lie to the media to conceal his intentions.

so all those summertime quotes from Raheem  Morris about not switching from a base of cover 4 were just blowing smoke?

I’m shocked a coach would blatantly lie to the media to conceal his intentions.
I don't have All-22 so I watch the game once and that's it. Hopefully someone can chime in that does have it but I believe we still run mostly cover 4 but it was usually cover 4 with Ramsey on man- specifically the number 1, and rush 4. Now from both games Ramsey is everywhere. He isn't just being used to lockdown the number 1. Here is a quick 2min vid of week 1. @ 1:31 is just a single play where he isn't on the #1 but it happened in both games pretty often. This clip also highlights how he is being used even at the line which was quite uncommon.

I do like how he is everywhere as he is a tremendous athlete for a corner but taking away someone's #1 option is huge. 

Either way it should be an interesting game but I just wouldn't say " oh last year Ramsey locked down Evans he'll do it again this year" as I'm no entirely sure he'll follow Evans all game.

I don't have All-22 so I watch the game once and that's it. Hopefully someone can chime in that does have it but I believe we still run mostly cover 4 but it was usually cover 4 with Ramsey on man- specifically the number 1, and rush 4. Now from both games Ramsey is everywhere. He isn't just being used to lockdown the number 1. Here is a quick 2min vid of week 1. @ 1:31 is just a single play where he isn't on the #1 but it happened in both games pretty often. This clip also highlights how he is being used even at the line which was quite uncommon.

I do like how he is everywhere as he is a tremendous athlete for a corner but taking away someone's #1 option is huge. 

Either way it should be an interesting game but I just wouldn't say " oh last year Ramsey locked down Evans he'll do it again this year" as I'm no entirely sure he'll follow Evans all game.

none of us have access to All 22 thanks to the morons at GamePass.

appreciate your thoughts. my understanding was they would run a very similar defense as Brandon Staley but I also haven’t found any articles or video breakdowns of what the Rams rah their first two guys.

I’ve read literally hundreds of articles on 1-tech 2-tech 3-tech Cover 3 Cover 4 FMTT 2 High, et al, and I still cannot break down film to recognize exactly what scheme a team is running. I could get a passing grade of what those terms mean but I need experts to explain to me “oh they’re running this most of the time, whereas they used to run that, and here is why that is important.”

he def moves around a lot than when he played for Gus. plays a lot more slot bc that’s how a lot of OC’s scheme their studs - get the matchup with the other teams 3td best CB. no one does that more than McVey with Kupp.

With AB potentially out due to COVID (he has to have 2 negative tests before the game), if I were the Rams I’d put him on Godwin.

I’d swing Rapp over with another corner to cover Evans. Though they may opt to have Rapp run with Gronk when they’re in man. 

I just feel like Godwin presents the matchup Best suited to Ramsey. 

I may be wrong. 

I also think there’s an element of it being flexible based on the team they’re playing. Neither Indy nor Chicago have an alpha WR (ARob certainly is but with Dalton he’s not a huge thread to take over/dominate a game).  This frees up Ramey to play a hybrid role.  Will be interesting to see if they take the same hybrid approach with a true Alpha WR/QB tandem.  

Users who are viewing this thread