What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Offense Without Landry - What Do You Expect? (1 Viewer)

I would be very happy if I had Chubb or Hunt...also OBJ and the other 25 receiving options should fill the void while Landry is out.

What do you all expect from Odell? He was dropped this week and is on waivers...they run tomorrow AM. Is he worth a burn of my #2? I have no idea how to gauge his worth.

the passing game is definitely gonna take a noticeable hit. even with odell in, there isn't anyone on the other side to take the pressure off. he'll just be double teamed all day. bump up RB stats and both TE receptions. One of Higgins or Peoples-Jones probably should get a bump, but for the year I can't see either topping 500-600 yards a piece so still looking at WR4 range for both of these guys. I like Higgins better than Peoples-Jones fwiw, but there was some hype for Peoples-Jones during camp, so let's see.

is Anthony Schwartz a rookie? I see he saw some targets week 1, I know nothing about him.

What do you all expect from Odell? He was dropped this week and is on waivers...they run tomorrow AM. Is he worth a burn of my #2? I have no idea how to gauge his worth.
I would pick him up and see what happens.  But I think that Mayfield will be lucky to throw 30 passes a week so I would temper expectations.

This is going to be the Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt show.

He's one of the tougher ones to predict. But one of the most important features we do each week is our Rest Of Season Projections. We currently. have Beckham at WR 56 in PPR. https://www.footballguys.com/rankings/rest-of-season?oproj=996&kproj=996&dproj=996&viewpos=wr&week=3&profile=p

is Anthony Schwartz a rookie? I see he saw some targets week 1, I know nothing about him.
Drafted in the 3rd this past April. Shined a bit in week 1 as you said, but was quiet otherwise in week 2. I read that he quit his route on the play where Mayfield got hurt, and resulted in an interception, so I'm not sure if he's in the doghouse right now.

Man, thanks for the link. I don't know how I didn't find that page before this!

You're welcome.

It's on the Weekly page https://www.footballguys.com/season-long

Under Weekly Essentials at the top.

It's invaluable for me when thinking about drop/add decisions.

What makes ours better than most is it's not just rankings, but actual projections. So if you're league is synched to Footballguys, we give the advice based on your actual scoring system. 

And you can easily see all the free agents available in our Rest of Season Projections as they're highlighted. Makes roster management so much easier. 

You're welcome.

It's on the Weekly page https://www.footballguys.com/season-long

Under Weekly Essentials at the top.

It's invaluable for me when thinking about drop/add decisions.

What makes ours better than most is it's not just rankings, but actual projections. So if you're league is synched to Footballguys, we give the advice based on your actual scoring system. 

And you can easily see all the free agents available in our Rest of Season Projections as they're highlighted. Makes roster management so much easier. 
Joe, I think I just fell in love with you. 🤣

I need to take more advantage of being a subscriber. 🤪

Is OBJ expected back this week? 

Probably a wash if so - better if they're both on the field, but that is not the way for the Browns. 

Tell us more. What do you expect from him and how do you see it playing out?

Felton is terribly underrated b/c he didn't time well in pre-draft workouts. Despite that, he was a stud at UCLA as both a WR and RB and dominated the Senior Bowl. He also got rave reviews during camp/preseason and then flashed big time last weekend in very limited opportunities, while the rest of the the Brownie WR corps (outside of OBJ and maybe Schwartz) have looked like JAGs in the regular season. Felton is in prime position to take over and excel in Landry's underneath role. And he's not being hyped at all, so is probably available in 90% of redraft leagues right now. Plus he's listed with dual eligibility in Yahoo, so if he does hit, you get that bonus as well.

Felton is terribly underrated b/c he didn't time well in pre-draft workouts. Despite that, he was a stud at UCLA as both a WR and RB and dominated the Senior Bowl. He also got rave reviews during camp/preseason and then flashed big time last weekend in very limited opportunities, while the rest of the the Brownie WR corps (outside of OBJ and maybe Schwartz) have looked like JAGs in the regular season. Felton is in prime position to take over and excel in Landry's underneath role. And he's not being hyped at all, so is probably available in 90% of redraft leagues right now. Plus he's listed with dual eligibility in Yahoo, so if he does hit, you get that bonus as well.

Awesome. Thanks. 

Count me in the minority I guess but I'm gravely concerned about the loss of Landry here.  OBJ is not up to speed and is not 2017 OBJ.  The other WRs are not Landry.

As a Chubb owner I"m hoping for the best but I'm not optimistic enough to say + OBJ - Landry is a net positive.

My $.02  Don't disregard the effect Landry had on all phases of the offense.  Third downs, gadget plays, and especially downfield blocking.  The man balls out every play!!

He'll be back in 3-4 weeks.  In the meantime, DPJ got a lot of usage in week 2, albeit without many fantasy points.  I'm guessing that continues, at least from a usage standpoint.  I think he's ahead of Higgins right now.  Schwartz is OBJ's back-up, it seems.  He'll see reps as OBJ is phased back in.  My guess is, it's OBJ & DPJ with the rest sprinkled in.  Also, don't forget the TEs.  They are used extensively!  Felton, BTW, is a KR and COP guy.  He isn't a WR.

Felton, BTW, is a KR and COP guy.  He isn't a WR.

He started as a WR at UCLA before converting to (a very successful, albeit small) RB later in his career. He went to and dominated Senior Bowl week and game as a slot WR, not a RB. Many (most?) teams who scouted him predraft projected him as a slot WR in the NFL. Yes, he is a COP RB and KR too, but don't discount him as a slot WR too much.

All the talking heads in CLE this week are saying the same thing, protect Baker. That's what happened last week after he popped his shoulder out so I look for a toned down passing game and a steady diet of Chubb/Hunt unless the game dictates otherwise. Coupled with a dinged up OL, it's the smart move when you have two horses in the backfield. Without Mayfield, this offense isn't done but it's going to take a huge step back.

All signs point toward OBJ coming back this week. He said in his presser today that they had targeted 11 months after surgery, this is month 10 1/2. Probably won't play all the snaps, he'll be on some kind of pitch count but I think he'll be fired up to get back on the field. The rest of the group, good luck predicting who is going to do what this week. The offense isn't set up to focus on any one WR and Baker does a great job of finding the open man, whoever that is. DPJ will have his week, Schwartz will probably have a week (if week 1 wasn't already it), Higgins will have a game but predicting when is going to be impossible. Heck even the TE position is a 3 headed monster where any one of them can go off. I'd lean toward Njoku but he's proven in the past he can lose focus. 

My  :2cents:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, at least 2 more weeks before Jarvis can return. Looks like Hunt absorbed most of these short targets and will enter my flex going forward. So glad to see some clarity for a change. 

Users who are viewing this thread