What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB to Roll with Wk 3: Tannehill, or pickup/start D. Jones or Bridgewater? (1 Viewer)

BigBlue_RI

Footballguy
I have Tannehill as my QB1, encouraged by last week but still would like to see Top 12 production. Tua is/was my backup, and we have have Daniel Jones and Teddy Bridgewater on the WW. My opponent is top 3 in scoring, and I'm middle of the pack at 1-1. I feel like I need a Hail Mary who can get me an extra 5-10+ points at QB. I like Jones' matchup, but it's Daniel Jones, and I'm already starting Barkley and considering Shepherd in the Flex.

As a Giants fan, that is already too many Giants lol! Do I roll with Tanney again and hope he starts tossing TD's, or take a chance by dropping Tua for Jones or Bridgewater?

Its super close between these three, like back to back to back for this week. I personally wouldn't drop Tannehill unless it was a must win since ROS I think he has a pretty big advantage, but if you really want to win this week, I think its Daniel Jones.

Stacking Danny with your RB and WR and If you believe in those guys you got to believe that Danny will also have a good week and you'll get double TDs. but its riskier and you can get blown out too, but who cares go big! and good luck.  

I'm in almost the exact situation you're in. Have Tanny and Saquon. I'm a middling 1-1 so far, and look to be an underdog in this week's matchup.

I dropped a bench scrub (David Johnson ... so sad that that's what he is now) for Jones. Dropping Tua for Jones wouldn't hurt you at all. And I'm leaning towards benching Tanny for Jones in my lineup this week. Matchup is great against Falcons to roll with Giants starters. As mentioned, it can blow up on you. But at 1-1 and needing points, I'll take a chance.

That said, I'm not completely sold on Danny Dimes. He has huge upside if the rushing is real. But 2 games is too small a sample size ... and that rushing was the difference between good-to-great fantasy games and bad-to-mediocre ones. I haven't given up on Tanny. But I like the idea of rostering an upside QB to give myself more options. Teddy B was available in my league too, but went with Jones because of the rushing upside. Teddy B probably a safer floor, but I already have Tanny for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Danny Dimes is ever going to put up consecutive outstanding games it's now. Pick him up,put him in,have a strong drink,and....win

I'm in almost the exact situation you're in. Have Tanny and Saquon. I'm a middling 1-1 so far, and look to be an underdog in this week's matchup.

I dropped a bench scrub (David Johnson ... so sad that that's what he is now) for Jones. Dropping Tua for Jones wouldn't hurt you at all. And I'm leaning towards benching Tanny for Jones in my lineup this week. Matchup is great against Falcons to roll with Giants starters. As mentioned, it can blow up on you. But at 1-1 and needing points, I'll take a chance.

That said, I'm not completely sold on Danny Dimes. He has huge upside if the rushing is real. But 2 games is too small a sample size ... and that rushing was the difference between good-to-great fantasy games and bad-to-mediocre ones. I haven't given up on Tanny. But I like the idea of rostering an upside QB to give myself more options. Teddy B was available in my league too, but went with Jones because of the rushing upside. Teddy B probably a safer floor, but I already have Tanny for that.
As a Giants fan, I can tell you the rushing ability is for real, he's been doing it from day one. It's just whether its designed runs or the frequent breakdown in pass-protection. One you can count on, the other you just don't know. Then again, since the OL is so freaking bad, maybe you can count on one or the other! LOL Thanks, I think I'll roll the dice on Jones and maybe I keep Shep on the bench. I've got a strong WR corps and can always start Godwin or Woods as a flex.

Users who are viewing this thread