What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Governor of West Virginia fails to get job replacing Bimbo Coles as high school basketball coach, lawyers involved (1 Viewer)

Bimbo Coles was an alum.   That makes more sense.   

I need to change jobs. Governor of WV sounds fantastic. 
No kidding.  Apparently there are so few responsibilities, you can moonlight with several other jobs simultaneously.
From wikipedia:   

• Justice serves as the owner or chief executive officer of over 50 companies.   
  • He is the wealthiest person in West Virginia. 
  • Forbes values his net worth at $1.6 billion.
It seems like the idea that he can't handle coaching two teams at the same time is a pretense.   

Bimbo Coles was an alum.   That makes more sense.   

From wikipedia:   

• Justice serves as the owner or chief executive officer of over 50 companies.   
  • He is the wealthiest person in West Virginia. 
  • Forbes values his net worth at $1.6 billion.
It seems like the idea that he can't handle coaching two teams at the same time is a pretense.   
The real reason is that the Governor wants to play an uptempo running style and the three retirees on the school board prefer a physical style of play battling under the boards.

“I thought a lot about it and everything, surely not to take away from the governorship at all,” the governor said. “The superintendent asked me; the principal, the vice principal, the athletic director all want me to do it. And I know I can do the job. At my age, I’ll have to have great assistant coaches. And to be perfectly honest, they’ll have to do the work. I’ll coach the game. Nevertheless, I love the kids. That’s all there is to it.”

The governor’s vision for leading the boys program strikes a sharp contrast with that described by his predecessor. Coles said he could have coached and worked, “but for me, as a coach, you need to be there 24-7. It’s not just a job. You’re there during basketball season. It’s getting the kids in the weight room, getting the kids to get extra shots up, getting the kids to play travel ball. It’s just so much more than just showing up and saying you’re the coach just by showing up.”
Bimbo doesn't seem to like the idea that he would be replaced by a part-time coach.  

I think the part of the story I like most is that this guy is literally both a billionaire and the governor.   Nobody ever says no to him.  You would think all that power would make him happy but  what he really craves most is to coach basketball.  But three random public servants took away his dream.  

I think the part of the story I like most is that this guy is literally both a billionaire and the governor.   Nobody ever says no to him.  You would think all that power would make him happy but  what he really craves most is to coach basketball.  But three random public servants took away his dream.  
Seems like he is living his dream job. Well, almost

It really seems like they figured this would be their only chance to screw this guy, since he pretty much owns the state.  Maybe he slept with somebody's wife.

This may be the only time he's ever failed.  At one point he sold off a chunk of his coal mines for $568 million.  The price of coal dropped and he bought them back for $5 million.   

Users who are viewing this thread