What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 Injury Thread - If You See Something, Say Something (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
We talked about having one big Injury thread vs a new thread each week here and most folks said they'd rather have a new thread each week. So here we are!

I'll start one each Thursday.

A couple of things to please keep in mind that would be really helpful if everyone can do.

1. Please use the players real name when you're posting. And please be specific as you can about the injury. If you don't know, say you don't know.

In other words, "A-Rob just got blown up!!!!!" sucks. "Allen Robinson in on the ground with what looks like a knee injury" is way better.

2. Please let us know the source and share a link if possible. If you're watching the game and saw the injury, please say that. If you read it on Twitter, please say that and give a link. If you got a Sleeper Alert, please say that and click through on Sleeper to the source that's usually a tweet and share that link.

3. Please let us know what happened after the injury. This is super important. Was he:

• Carted off
  • Helped off with assistance
  • Walked off with a limp or something
4. Please update if they come back to the game or sidelines. Hopefully it's a "He's back in the game and looks ok". Or it may be "He's on the sideline without his helmet". That kind of thing.

You get the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Carted off
  • Helped off with assistance
  • Walked off with a limp or something
Also very helpful: please update if player returns to the game.

last week I was working my market & saw the Higgins injury - minor depression was setting in just as I was scrolling game scores and saw “TD, Higgins” and I had to ask “wait, what? Was he injured before or after the TD?

someone answered “before”

a “higgins came back out of the blue tent  & is back in the game” update would have been nice. 
👍🏼

Also very helpful: please update if player returns to the game.

last week I was working my market & saw the Higgins injury - minor depression was setting in just as I was scrolling game scores and saw “TD, Higgins” and I had to ask “wait, what? Was he injured before or after the TD?

someone answered “before”

a “higgins came back out of the blue tent  & is back in the game” update would have been nice. 
👍🏼

Agreed. The update if they return is big. 

The bad news is he was in the tent a long time. It’s never good when a player is immediately declared out for the rest of the game that quickly. If there is any upside, it did not appear he was limping severely as he walked away. I’m sure will be there will be tons more on this. But the limping  or not can be misleading.

Pay very close attention to the language medical people use. There can be a ton of sloppiness with reporters and even coaches. “Pulled“ is not a medical term. What you want to look for is how the medical people describe this in terms of the grade.

https://twitter.com/pff_mario/status/1441214681096458243?s=21

“RB Christian McCaffery injured his hamstring. Cannot tell the grade from the video but asking out of the game is not a good sign. RTP: Grade 1 = 1-3 weeks, Grade 2 = 4-6 weeks, and Grade 3 = season ending.”

Pay very close attention to the language medical people use. There can be a ton of sloppiness with reporters and even coaches. “Pulled“ is not a medical term. What you want to look for is how the medical people describe this in terms of the grade.

https://twitter.com/pff_mario/status/1441214681096458243?s=21

“RB Christian McCaffery injured his hamstring. Cannot tell the grade from the video but asking out of the game is not a good sign. RTP: Grade 1 = 1-3 weeks, Grade 2 = 4-6 weeks, and Grade 3 = season ending.”

thanks for the reminder. let’s wait to hear what grade it is.

reading optimistic Tweets this morning I was almost thinking “strained? heck, that’s not even torn! let someone else bid up  Chuba/Royce”

gotta wait for the report.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Carson Wentz (questionable, ankle) is expected to start in Week 3 against the Titans.

Wentz "moved around well" at Friday's practice and is on track to start barring a setback.

per nfl.com...

Lamar Jackson will start

Hopkins will attempt to play through injury.

Henderson, Bosa, Galloway, Dalvin Cook are game time decisions.

Evan Engram will be back.

Chris Jones in, Frank Jones out.

Noteably, Henderson, Galloway and Cook will likely be limited.

I'll be removing DeHop, Galloway and Cook from DFS lineups, and adding a pinch of other Az receivers, Shepard and Mattison/Vikings WRs.

per nfl.com...

Lamar Jackson will start

I'll be removing DeHop, Galloway and Cook from DFS lineups, and adding a pinch of other Az receivers, Shepard and Mattison/Vikings WRs.

FWIW - Stephania Bell (FFT) commenting that Dalvin Cook is unlikely to play. Pointed to yesterday's activation of Ameer Abdulla as further indication that it will be Mattison's day.

per nfl.com...

Lamar Jackson will start

Golladay ACTIVE (just announced)

Users who are viewing this thread