What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trading for Diggs? Please advise! (1 Viewer)

Avery

Footballguy
0.5 PPR 10 team neighbrohood league with very shallow benches.

Looking to improve my WR and thinking about offering (to a RB needy team):
I give: Ty'Son Williams & Cooper
I get: Diggs, Conner

I could also offer:
I give: D. Harris & Cooper
I get: Diggs & Conner

Would love to hear your thoughts on these offers. If you think they are "fair" offers and, more importantly, if I should offer them.

Thanks for the feedback!   :thumbup:

Not a long time member here and I don't have any of those players on my team so I'm not dialed into how their seasons are going.

I'd start with google "trade value chart". I look at CBS, Numberfire, Fantasypros and Score. I look at all of them to get a sense of whether or not I'm in the ballpark with my offer.

Then I try to gauge who's more of a buy low guy/ sell high vs who's trendline seems more worrying/projectable.

Cooper is hurt and laid a turd this week so his value isn't what it "should be".  Harris for Conner feels like an overpay in terms of the makeup value. Ty'son feels like maybe an underpay (No guarantee IMO that Latavius won't outscore him on any given week but maybe I'm lower on him than most). Might be a decent open but I'd maybe wait to see if Cooper blows up this week and Diggs struggles (neither is guaranteed) but if Cooper puts up 20 points to Diggs 12 this week, I think you have much better odds of getting that to stick.

what is the RB situation for the team with Diggs? would be helpful to see what the current team makeup looks like on both sides.

what is the RB situation for the team with Diggs? would be helpful to see what the current team makeup looks like on both sides.
:thumbup:

My team:
QB: Jalen Hurts
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Joe Mixon, D'Andre Swift, Damien Harris, Ty'Son Williams, Trey Sermon, Tony Pollard
WR: Amari Cooper, Mike Williams, Rondale Moore, Jerry Jeudy (IR)
TE: Darren Waller

His team:
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Josh Allen
RB: Kenyan Drake, James Conner
WR: Stefon Diggs, Adam Thielen, Diontae Johnson, Kenny Golladay, Will Fuller
TE: George Kittle

i think either offer is fair and if your target is Diggs, not a bad time to try. I'd think Harris is the better offer for the other team over Williams so that's probably more likely to be accepted. you are stacked at RB position with lots of potential talent with starters locked in, so no harm there.

personal opinion here, IMO Cooper has a potential to be at or ahead of Diggs projections this season with Dak, so I wouldn't be sad if those were turned down. If so, then maybe go after a WR2 with Moore and Williams (Harris > Williams in my book). i think that might improve your team overall more so than giving up your WR1 for a potentially better WR1 where the difference is probably marginal.

And I thought my league was weird...

I don't think your idea is your best play.

He's starving for RBs, I might suggest since Dionte is also dinged up, I'd maybe see about Dionte for Ty'son straigt up. That's going to be a win for both of you most likely with you coming out way ahead in terms of your year but the other team benefits too. My hunch is that his Diggs will be seen as too valuable to him. 

Dionte for Ty'Son #1

Thielen is due for regression so I wouldn't want to pay up too much for him. He is probably being over-valued by his manager. And Swift is how you'd get him. Swift is great but the perpetual Q is going to keep his trade value depressed.

Golladay is meh to me, his trade value is pretty dinged up but I don't know if he's ending the year above Rondale.

Rondale- this guy may not know how valuable he is.

Fuller- yuck

Mike Williams, he's quite possibly legit this year, not selling him high, again I think he probably has more value to you than to another team.

i think either offer is fair and if your target is Diggs, not a bad time to try. I'd think Harris is the better offer for the other team over Williams so that's probably more likely to be accepted. you are stacked at RB position with lots of potential talent with starters locked in, so no harm there.

personal opinion here, IMO Cooper has a potential to be at or ahead of Diggs projections this season with Dak, so I wouldn't be sad if those were turned down. If so, then maybe go after a WR2 with Moore and Williams (Harris > Williams in my book). i think that might improve your team overall more so than giving up your WR1 for a potentially better WR1 where the difference is probably marginal.

League in shallow and most people don't respond to trade offers.  I haven't gotten response to similar offers for Hill or Adams. Maybe I'm just itching to make a trade?  :oldunsure:

League in shallow and most people don't respond to trade offers.  I haven't gotten response to similar offers for Hill or Adams. Maybe I'm just itching to make a trade:oldunsure:
lol yes, i can relate. and when you involve any teams top talent like here, it's even harder to get people to act.

And I thought my league was weird...

I don't think your idea is your best play.

He's starving for RBs, I might suggest since Dionte is also dinged up, I'd maybe see about Dionte for Ty'son straigt up. That's going to be a win for both of you most likely with you coming out way ahead in terms of your year but the other team benefits too. My hunch is that his Diggs will be seen as too valuable to him. 

Dionte for Ty'Son #1

Thielen is due for regression so I wouldn't want to pay up too much for him. He is probably being over-valued by his manager. And Swift is how you'd get him. Swift is great but the perpetual Q is going to keep his trade value depressed.

Golladay is meh to me, his trade value is pretty dinged up but I don't know if he's ending the year above Rondale.

Rondale- this guy may not know how valuable he is.

Fuller- yuck

Mike Williams, he's quite possibly legit this year, not selling him high, again I think he probably has more value to you than to another team.

Thank for the feedback!

I'm asking for Fuller just to keep roster straight but Dione for Ty'Son doesn't do much for me.  With so much talent on the wire, I'd only want to trade to upgrade a position and I don't see Dionte as an upgrade over starting Cooper, Williams or maybe even Moore right now. 

Users who are viewing this thread