What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Amari can't go Monday night, what is plan B? (or the crappy backup thread...) (1 Viewer)

Gatorman

Supreme Elite Maximum Tier
EDit for the rookie mistake of putting the wrong team in the matchup.  Dallas is playing Philly (I somehow read NYG)

Ok, so Amari is questionable and its a monday night game, so you have to make a decision on the following players (or not):

We will assume CEEDEE, Devonte Smith, and likely Reagor   all rostered for the WR position, and the usual suspects are all rostered at RB (Assuming a flex), a Goedert and likely Ertz at TE.

SO:  Ced Wilson and Quez Watkins are the choices at WR (Maybe Reagor if he is there), and Jarwin or SHultz at TE.  Maybe gainwell (also flexz)

Wilson seems to be "next man up" so my thought would be to roster him, 

We likely know more by sunday, but who would you want if things are still cloudy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gainwell likely rostered everywhere, but he’s my backup plan.

Out of those guys I’d pick Slayton. He gets the deep balls and if Jones connects he is capable of putting up numbers. But he’s very boom or bust. 

been thinking about this....I think you also may just have to consider just benching him and rolling with another option that is playing on Sunday.....it sucks, but I have a lot of better options on my bench currently than something I would "settle" for as far as options going Monday night....sometimes you just have to bite the bullet with Monday issues...if you miss on Cooper points it may just have to be what it is....

as an example in one league where I have Cooper....I also have Kupp and Mike Williams currently in my lineup.....my other options are Bryan Edwards, Marvin Jones, Rondale Moore, and Tim Patrick.....let alone a couple RB's that I could play as the flex instead.....I am probably leaning to just biting the bullet with one of these then try to play the game of picking up Slayton, Gainwell, Wilson, Boston Scott or whatever....so I really think obviously it really depends on what else you have on the bench....I guess if your other options are really limited, then you can do the Monday night dance, but I just think sometimes we get too cute with that kind of stuff cause we "really want to play Cooper if we can"....and you just need to suck it up as just the bummer of Monday night games in FF and maybe miss out on the points for one of your guys for a week, cause the difference between a solid play on Sunday and what you might get off the scrap heap of the Monday night leftovers is worth it....

Terrell Owens might still be on the board......He's my QB maaaan.....this is my QB you guys are talking about....he's my QB maaannnn

Stinkin Ref said:
as an example in one league where I have Cooper....I also have Kupp and Mike Williams currently in my lineup.....my other options are Bryan Edwards, Marvin Jones, Rondale Moore, and Tim Patrick.....let alone a couple RB's that I could play as the flex instead.....I am probably leaning to just biting the bullet with one of these then try to play the game of picking up Slayton, Gainwell, Wilson, Boston Scott or whatever....so I really think obviously it really depends on what else you have on the bench....I guess if your other options are really limited, then you can do the Monday night dance, but I just think sometimes we get too cute with that kind of stuff cause we "really want to play Cooper if we can"....and you just need to suck it up as just the bummer of Monday night games in FF and maybe miss out on the points for one of your guys for a week, cause the difference between a solid play on Sunday and what you might get off the scrap heap of the Monday night leftovers is worth it....
Yeah, with good options you might be better off starting one of those receivers anyway. My other options are Watkins, gage or Hines. So I’ll take my chances on Cooper and pick up the best option I can. 

He practiced in a limited fashion today. He'll play
One hopes. Someone dropped goedert in the league where I have amari, so I’m covered for Monday night. Was leaning ced but if amari is not 100% but “gives it a go” both players may be useless this week. 

plus there may not be a more uncomfortable core injury than ribs....it affects everything you do..... including breathing.....they can shoot him up all they want, but one big hit or landing on the football as he goes down and he could be done for the night again and you are really toast.....

We have the option of naming a backup if a starter is questionable before the game, but if the starter is in for even one play for the game we have to take the result for them. I am leaning towards just starting Woods on Sunday and sitting there on Monday night cursing myself for benching Cooper when he goes off.

@BobbyLayne just made a solid post in a WDIS thread that Detroit is starting two UDFAs (I think) at corner and their linebackers are allowing a QB rating of 153.8 (which is perfect).

So maybe Sammy Watkins if he's available on your waiver wires (he is on mine).

Yea at this point it's about pain tolerance I believe......I think Amari kinda has a chip on his shoulder.  I expect a big game against the dirty eagles

I agree with the bolded; however, Amari's history when playing with injuries hasn't been great. Dude is tough as nails and will play hurt, but I mostly recall him not putting up good stats when doing so. We'll have to see if the chip on his shoulder is heavier than the chip in his ribs.

@BobbyLayne just made a solid post in a WDIS thread that Detroit is starting two UDFAs (I think) at corner and their linebackers are allowing a QB rating of 153.8 (which is perfect).

So maybe Sammy Watkins if he's available on your waiver wires (he is on mine).

a couple things just to clarify

• Amani Oruwariye is a returning starter at CB, but that’s not necessarily a good thing - coverage grade Monday was 37.9
  • Jeff Okuduh (#3 pick overall 2020) was the other CB but tore his achilles Week 1 and was replaced by 3rd round pick Ifeatu Melifonwu. Iffy tore his hamstring Week 2 and is out several weeks.
  • yes, all 3 of those guys are Nigerian -,we lead the league with 6 on the team
  • the new (3rd starter in three weeks) CB is a practice squad player from last year, Bobby Price. 6’3” S out of Norfolk State, UDFA, scored 64.1 in a few games last year after he was signed. coverage score v The Pack was 63.2 which is kind of good considering he’s a safety learning how to be an NFL CB on the fly.
  • CB AJ Parker (Kansas St) is a UDFA rookie who plays the slot corner. Played really well v GB, 71.8 PFF grade on MNF. Little guy - 5’11” 178, he had the 6th best rookie PFF score in preseason (all positions), one games he was the highest graded rookie DB for the week. Might actually be a baller.
  • there was another CB off the street who played (Jacobs) and scored like 27.7 in coverage, didn’t even know he was on he team. The Lions DB room is basically the 49ers RB room right now.
  • LBs Alex Anzalone and Jamie Collins were the linebackers who gave up a perfect rating. Collins will be inactive after quitting on his teammates. He’ll be replaced by 4th round pick Derrick Barnes.
Summary: UDFAs, rookies, slow vets, guys they found running sprints at a hs track (I’m kidding), men we didn’t think would be getting significant D snaps - they are now starting. 

Neat eh.

tl; dr - fire up your Ravens

;dr

I agree with the bolded; however, Amari's history when playing with injuries hasn't been great. Dude is tough as nails and will play hurt, but I mostly recall him not putting up good stats when doing so. We'll have to see if the chip on his shoulder is heavier than the chip in his ribs.
I'm basing it on his comment about wanting to be the best WR in the league, coupled with CeeDee coming in......at a minimum, he wants to remain the 1A in Dallas.  Dak has shown good chemistry with him from the day he came over from Oakland.  Dak does spread the ball around, but it's high volume.....and Gallup is gone. Also primetime game vs division opponent.......correct me if I'm wrong, but with ribs you can inject for pain, flak jacket......I just think he balls out.

Users who are viewing this thread