What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston Texans vs. Carolina Panthers (-8) O/U 43 (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
This one isn't such a great one on paper, but let's wait until they start playing to judge it. 

Looks like Davis Mills for Houston in this one. I expect Carolina in a rout (so bet Houston). 

This one isn't such a great one on paper, but let's wait until they start playing to judge it. 

Looks like Davis Mills for Houston in this one. I expect Carolina in a rout (so bet Houston). 
Ha, I was going to say the same thing. Everyone and their mom salivating at using Carolina defense against Mills and a struggling Texans team…. Myself included.

So I fully expect a Thursday night points explosion for a 52-46 type game.

Mills has a checkered injury history and he's not very mobile.  Burns and Reddick have a bet on who will have more sacks this year.  Winner gets a tricked-out golf cart.   Reddick leads 3-2.  I am legitimately worried for Mills.

I can't decide if this is a clearly start Ingram/Lindsay as flex considerations or not. I cannot imagine, even though he threw more than expected last week, that Culley has any sort of desire to let Mills sit back there and hope the Texans OL keeps the Panthers front 7 off of him.

Ha, I was going to say the same thing. Everyone and their mom salivating at using Carolina defense against Mills and a struggling Texans team…. Myself included.

So I fully expect a Thursday night points explosion for a 52-46 type game.
My opponent picked up the Panthers DST so I'd be all for a real entertaining shoot-em-up tonight.  Plus I'm rolling out McCaffery

8:20 EST seems a long way from 4:30 EST, huh? 

Game can't get here fast enough for me. 
I'm taking half a day off - friend coming in from Mexico & I haven't seen her since the panorama started. She's a big football fan, too - she'll be here in about an hour, at which time I'mma BBQ a couple fat ribeyes, with little red roasters & grilled asparagus. Mmmmmmm

It's not likely to be a great football game, but it's way better than no football game! 

:pickle:   

Last edited by a moderator:
The Texans are missing a couple of guys from their secondary and a couple of WR's besides Mills having to start. They have overperformed to this point but I think a lot of that has to do with Taylor who is out, and Reid (2 intereceptions) who is out. I will be amazed if Mills and a depleted defense is able to keep this game close.

The Texans are missing a couple of guys from their secondary and a couple of WR's besides Mills having to start. They have overperformed to this point but I think a lot of that has to do with Taylor who is out, and Reid (2 intereceptions) who is out. I will be amazed if Mills and a depleted defense is able to keep this game close.
So you think this will be a big game for Darnold?  I was thinking it will be a big CMC game.

Jeff Driskel.

remember him, started three games the year Stafford's back was broken (always seemed weird saying he broke his back, it was that 330 pound lineman falling on him, not anything he did)

he reminded me of Orlovsky

when he was at Florida he was drafted by the Red Sox and signed a contract before his senior year

had no intention of playing MLB but he wanted a Plan B

even he thinks he isn't very good

So you think this will be a big game for Darnold?  I was thinking it will be a big CMC game.

could be, Darnold has been playing pretty well

I'm interested to see if he's gonna start targeting Robby or it's the Marshall & Moore show now

fun fact: Houston's D leads the NFL with 5 interceptions through 2 G

Leroy Hoard said:
Seems almost too easy. Get after Mills and get the ball to CMC. But it's rarely that easy.
Yeah, seems easy for Car for sure. Seems every damn time I play something that seems too easy I lose.

taking Car -8.5

Damn, playing cmc in family and against him (and Chinn ipp) in big league.  Starting Arnold so let's see some junk tds baby!

Edit - yes Arnold with an A

Rolling with Carolina -9 and taking the under on 43. Feels right, up until the point where the Carolina defense scores a TD or two.
I can't be convinced to roll with under 43 in a modern football game, but best of luck, man. 

I'm personally pulling for the over, as always. If the under hits, that'll mean Houston will not have showed in the least, and I want a competitive game. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I'm taking half a day off - friend coming in from Mexico & I haven't seen her since the panorama started. She's a big football fan, too - she'll be here in about an hour, at which time I'mma BBQ a couple fat ribeyes, with little red roasters & grilled asparagus. Mmmmmmm

It's not likely to be a great football game, but it's way better than no football game! 

:pickle:   
That’s awesome!

Curse that damn panorama!!

ERIN V. CHRISTINA AGAIN. I'm going Christina. Again. Erin's wearing something from, like, B.D. Baggies. Remember those rumpled preppy shirts from the eighties? B.D. Baggies. There's a name. 

I know the animator had to scramble in like one day to make a Davis Mills graphic.

EDIT: Of course, it has too much muscle.

He doesn't get talked about enough, but Shaq Thompson is probably the best coverage LB in the NFL, he destroys screens. 

Users who are viewing this thread