What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** 2021 Ryder Cup (1 Viewer)

Zow

Footballguy
I know there's discussion in the PGA thread, but figured this is threadworthy on its own. 

Super excited, love this event (I strongly prefer team golf to individual), and I really am intrigued by the storylines of the possible discord in the heavily favored USA locker room versus the more easygoing European team (plus Poulter). Plus the course looks great - though I'm hearing we're going to get some chilly winds and possible weather mirroring what the Europeans may be use to. 

Gun to my head I still really like the Americans (I think they have 10 of the 12 best players in the tournament) and a number of players have great course fits (length!). But, I wouldn't be shocked if the underdogs here put up a fight. 

What's everyone's thoughts on the format? I really like it, and think my only suggestion would be that they do a two-ball scramble instead of one of the foursome sessions just to see how low these guys could go and the creative and aggressive shots they'd hit instead of the conservative play that foursome golf lends itself to. 

@strykerpks provided some local knowledge that there's a real possibility Brooks and Bryson are playing together tomorrow. :excited:   :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryder Cup Sunday is without a doubt one of the most exciting days of the sports year for me.   I'm not into the 1st 2 days nearly as much.  I'll certainly watch it if i'm around but there's no "if I'm around" in regards to the last day.  Come hell or high water, I'll be in front of my tv.

Sort of surprised they put Morikawa with DJ. They're both kinda low energy, no?   Guess they wanted Colin with one of the more experienced guys to help ease him into it.

Alternate shot first makes things interesting. The Euros generally dominate it.  Even if we split tomorrow, lots of momentum going into the afternoon.

Zow said:
You going?? This is nearly in your neck of the bank...
i could get there easy enough but i have some other stuff going on right now and i cant miss any more time from work take that to the bank bromigo 

I think the US can win Sunday singles but they're historically bad at the Friday, Saturday team events. I like the Euros to take it, especially if the wind is a factor.

Course looks gorgeous in the morning light.
It does but outside of it being a great course, why would the US pick a location and course that seems a better fit for the Europeans?

ETA - I don’t follow golf closely - I’m basing this on weather and look.  I could (and probably am) be totally wrong 

Last edited by a moderator:
This course is incredible. Format is incredible. American play in these things has been the only thing missing. 
Also where the heck is cantleys hat?

It does but outside of it being a great course, why would the US pick a location and course that seems a better fit for the Europeans?

ETA - I don’t follow golf closely - I’m basing this on weather and look.  I could (and probably am) be totally wrong 
Not particular to this course but I don't but that links style is better for the Euros anymore, I guess they still get more experience growing up on them but 75% of them live in freaking Florida when they make it on tour

Users who are viewing this thread