What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Arrest warrant issued for Brian Laundrie: *** Official manhunt time *** (1 Viewer)

Capella

CAPELLODINHO
Couldn’t find the other thread. It get deleted for some reason?

BREAKING: The U.S. District Court of Wyoming issued a federal arrest warrant for Brian Christopher Laundrie pursuant to a Federal Grand Jury indictment related to Mr. Laundrie’s activities following the death of Gabrielle Petito.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh just saw the other thread was locked. Well, if this isn’t allowed for some reason (????) just delete it. 

How would they know if he had permission or not?

I mean, I'm all for it if it works, but who makes that determination?
I guess if they've determined the time of death being prior to Aug 30, not sure he'd exactly have permission. but otherwise, yeah- I get your point.

Laundrie's lawyer

“It is my understanding that the arrest warrant for Brian Laundrie is related to activities occurring after the death of Gabby Petito and not related to her actual demise. The FBI is focusing on locating Brian and when that occurs the specifics of the charges covered under the indictment will be addressed in the proper forum".

Dickies said:
Dinsy Ejotuz said:
How would they know if he had permission or not?

I mean, I'm all for it if it works, but who makes that determination?
If she's dead in a ditch in Wyoming, and he's using her card halfway across the country, I'd say he doesn't have permission.
If he didn't know she was dead and they had been sharing her debit card on the trip and had permission, not seeing how her actually being dead would mean he lost permission

But, he likely killed her so it doesn't matter anyway and whatevr they need to do to get a warrant ASAP is good by me

I think he’s dead. 

There are competing agendas at work here.

The MSM wants him alive. They want the trial and the controversy and the ratings. They want him found and a conflicted narrative where he might be both innocent and guilty at the same time.

Federal law enforcement will likely hope he's dead. If he's alive, he risks getting off from all charges in a court of law ( these things aren't so simple) , in which cases there's no return on investment for the resources/manpower/etc/ etc to hunt him down. This is a legitimate "red ball" case so the optics here for the FBI will matter a great deal to them.

If the FBI finds him alive, they have every incentive in place to execute him on the spot. It will look like "justice" and that will sate the public's demand for blood for Petito and end the narrative the way that works out for them.

If Laundrie is innocent, there are simply more practical upsides in place to have him killed by many involved in all this.

If Laundrie is guilty, those same upsides exist to have him killed.

If he's actually innocent, let's run that hypothetical, his best move is to upload a video on YouTube explaining his side of the story. At least the public will hear it from his own mouth and in his own words.

When was the last time any authority figure actually saw this guy?
I don't know but reports were that he refused to cooperate with the police.  From that moment on they should have been keeping an eye on the guy.   I fully admit that I don't know any of the details or police protocol so I could be out of line here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know but reports were that he refused to cooperate with the police.  From that moment on they should have been keeping an eye on the guy.   I fully admit that I don't know any of the details or police protocol so I could be out of line here.

Looking back - I don't think we know that the police actually spoke with this guy, or even saw him - rather than getting messages from his parents/lawyers.

Users who are viewing this thread