What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 3 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (2 Viewers)

Helaire-ious

Footballguy
I'll get this week's started :D

I need to fill 2 flex spots in PPR. I can choose between CEH, ARob, Sutton, Sermon, Claypool (Johnson out this week), Patterson, Aiyuk, Logan Thomas.

I've got Sutton  & ARob in now, but considering benching Arob for Claypool with Johnson out. Which 2 for you?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sutton for sure.

Then I'd say Claypool. Burrow seems like he may be struggling early on. Pitt O should have a lot of time on field and scoring opportunities.

Pretty stuck picking 2 in standard scoring from the following:

C.Carson - don't really trust his usage, Wilson will throw 9/10 regardless of the score it seems

T.Williams - good matchup at Lions but feels more like a Murray game for some reason

S.Shephard - very solid so far, good matchup, not sure why i'm hesitating

Julio - Just not convinced by the Titans usage of him, good game last week though

R.Moore - great matchup, awesome game last week but is that a ceiling game for him?

C.Carson - don't really trust his usage, Wilson will throw 9/10 regardless of the score it seems

T.Williams - good matchup at Lions but feels more like a Murray game for some reason

Julio - Just not convinced by the Titans usage of him, good game last week though

R.Moore - great matchup, awesome game last week but is that a ceiling game for him?
might go both RBs in standard

I don't want to be a post nazi but could everyone please put their league scoring system and the player match ups with their options?   Would make it easier to make a diagnosis at a glance with that info.

For instance in my ppr Ppfd league I need my 3rd WR out of Tyler Boyd @ Pitt, Jakobi Meyers VS NO, and Shenault VS GBP.  I also need a big upgrade at my 3rd WR spot.

I need to fill 2 flex spots in PPR. I can choose between CEH, ARob, Sutton, Claypool (Johnson out this week), Patterson, Aiyuk, Logan Thomas.

I've got Sutton  & ARob in now, but considering benching Arob for Claypool with Johnson out. Which 2 for you?
Definitely Sutton and I see the argument for Claypool (play him while Ben is upright).

But Ben is dealing with a pectoral injury and that offensive line looks completely incapable of protecting him.  I think it may be a long year in Pittsburgh.

I am going to be a contrarian, I think, and suggest CEH. Sure he's been pedestrian but he's still getting 15 opportunities/game on one of the best offenses in the league. I mean, you don't get that from the other guys on your list.  :2cents:

In standard I feel it's always best to go with rb as they have the safest floor.

I don't see how you can't go with Carson. He is getting 16 touches/game in a high powered offense, he's the short yardage/goal line guy and has already scored two TDs this year.  Benching him is overthinking IMO.

I can see the argument for Shephard in a PPR but Ty'son actually looks decent so far, better than decent actually.  14 opportunities/game, 6.9 yards/rush, 9 yards/rec and he is absolutely big enough to get goal line opportunities (although that is entirely speculative when Lamar Jackson is the QB).

I go Ty'son in standard, probably Shephard in PPR.

I don't want to be a post nazi but could everyone please put their league scoring system and the player match ups with their options?   Would make it easier to make a diagnosis at a glance with that info.

For instance in my ppr Ppfd league I need my 3rd WR out of Tyler Boyd @ Pitt, Jakobi Meyers VS NO, and Shenault VS GBP.  I also need a big upgrade at my 3rd WR spot.
Boyd, esp with Higgins doubtful

PPR, WR & TE is a combined position

Kyle Pitts @ NYG(Gage is out) or James White v N.O. or Trey Sermon v G.B.?

ETA: added Sermon because Shanahan loves to feed my agita

Boyd

Wow that is a tough call. Shenault is home vs Arizonoa BTW, not GBP.

I mean that's a real coin toss for me, or a die role; if it lands 1-2 go Boyd, 3-4 Meyers, 5-6 Shenault. I wish I could offer a better answer but that is just too tight to call IMO.

My gut says Shenault based on...very little.

ETA: I didn't realize Higgins was doubtful. Definitely Boyd.

I cannot recommend Hollywood Brown, Mark Andrews, or anyone associated with the Baltimore passing game enough.

The Lions are starting small school rookie UDFAs at both corners.

It’s a disaster.

I cannot recommend Hollywood Brown, Mark Andrews, or anyone associated with the Baltimore passing game enough.

It’s a disaster.
Also their linebackers had passing rating in coverage of 158.3 - I believe that’s a perfect rating. 13/13, 2 TDs.

This will be a weekly PSA fir the remainder of the season.

Debating between Pittman with a hobbled Wentz / Eason / Hundley or Cephus. Thoughts? 
Who they playing?  And  scoring system? I'd be hard pressed to start any WR on indy without Wentz, but he's not officially out yet.

Edit - for real though what's the waiver look like?  Neither inspires much confidence.

It’s a disaster.
Now I feel even worse starting D Adams and MVS on a couple teams and Rogers ends up throwing three TD's to Jones. 

12 team PPR deep bench. I have not much at RB 2 due to injuries and being a bit thin to begin with. 

Michael Carter at the Broncos....The Jets have an implied total of 15 points this week. Carter does seem to be trending in the right direction. 

JD McKissic at the Bills.....Could be a good game script if they are playing from behind. I've heard wind gusts are supposed to get up to 25 so maybe they settle for shorter passes in this game. 

I need to fill 2 flex spots in PPR. I can choose between CEH, ARob, Sutton, Claypool (Johnson out this week), Patterson, Aiyuk, Logan Thomas.

Sutton and then it's between ARob and Claypool. I'd probably go ARob. I would think Fields is smart enough to be looking for his most reliable receiver. I'm very concerned with the Pittsburgh passing game but Claypool is not a bad choice either with Johnson out. 

PPR - Rondale Moore, Marvin Jones, or Corey Davis
Marvin Jones. This is the one thing that is working for the JAG's. 

I wouldn't consider Corey Davis against the Broncos. 

I suppose Rondale if you are hoping for a home run pick but it could also be a bust. I can't fully trust him until he starts getting more playing time. 

Who they playing?  And  scoring system? I'd be hard pressed to start any WR on indy without Wentz, but he's not officially out yet.

Edit - for real though what's the waiver look like?  Neither inspires much confidence.
Half PPR as WR3 cause we start 3. 

Pittman vs Tenn and Cephus vs Baltimore. Pretty decent matchups.

I think I’m higher on Cephus than a lot of people. Has Goffs trust, especially near the end zone and if he came down with that crazy catch for his 2nd TD I think there would be a lot more chatter about him. 

Waiver is quite bare. Jakobi Meyers, E. Sanders, Berrios, Raegor. Bryan Edwards is okay but I’m actually the one who dropped him. He’s a good talent but there’s too many options in Oakland imo. They’re all not FAs and will have to put in a claim. 

Debating between Pittman with a hobbled Wentz / Eason / Hundley or Cephus. Thoughts? 
Oof...I think Cephus regardless of Wentz right now.  Hoekenstensenstein is the clear favorite in the passing game and the RBs definitely soak up some targets but Cephus looks like the #1 WR for a team that will probably have to throw far more than they would prefer.

12 team PPR deep bench. I have not much at RB 2 due to injuries and being a bit thin to begin with. 

Michael Carter at the Broncos....The Jets have an implied total of 15 points this week. Carter does seem to be trending in the right direction. 

JD McKissic at the Bills.....Could be a good game script if they are playing from behind. I've heard wind gusts are supposed to get up to 25 so maybe they settle for shorter passes in this game. 
Wow, another really difficult one.  Agree with McKissic, Carter is in a full timeshare and I don't think he has carved out a defined role yet.  McKissic is the clear #2 to Gibson and a far off #2 but, and this is a gut instinct, I think he showed enough last week to have increased his role in the passing game and 2 minute offense.

I like Jones.  Jax sucks, Lawrence has a long way to go but they throw the ball a ton and Jones has been a target sponge like he has never seen in his career.

I could see both Moore (particularly if Hopkins is DNP) or Davis but they both seem like much more boom/bust types for opportunities and Jones is still pretty explosive in his own right so the other two don't have an upside advantage.

Wow, another really difficult one.  Agree with McKissic, Carter is in a full timeshare and I don't think he has carved out a defined role yet.  McKissic is the clear #2 to Gibson and a far off #2 but, and this is a gut instinct, I think he showed enough last week to have increased his role in the passing game and 2 minute offense.
I just heard that Coleman won't be playing this week for the Jets. Now I feel like Carter could have a little upside this week even in a tough game. 

I just heard that Coleman won't be playing this week for the Jets. Now I feel like Carter could have a little upside this week even in a tough game. 
I think that bumps his potential opportunities up for sure. Maybe 15 carries/targets. 

It's a minus matchup and you expect the Jets to be trailing but they use both Carter & Johnson in the pass game.

Plus, another gut instinct, I wouldn't be surprised if both Carter & Javonte have a little extra motivation facing each other for the first time as pros.

Yeah, I now lean Carter strongly.

I think that bumps his potential opportunities up for sure. Maybe 15 carries/targets. 

It's a minus matchup and you expect the Jets to be trailing but they use both Carter & Johnson in the pass game.

Plus, another gut instinct, I wouldn't be surprised if both Carter & Javonte have a little extra motivation facing each other for the first time as pros.

Yeah, I now lean Carter strongly.
Great point about Carter facing Javonte. 

I'd go CEH and Sutton. I have a lot of concerns about Robinson with and without Fields. I'm also not sure Johnson being out makes a big difference for Claypool, as its more likely JuJu soaks up those quick hitters. 

I'd go Carson and Williams. Both are playing pretty poor defenses, and are better bets for TD's. I will say Seattle actually hasn't been pass heavy at all, they've just had some short drives due to long TD passes.

JavWilliams or Claypool

0-2 and team Im playing had CAR Def and Cooks =so Im already down by 30....
I'd go Claypool here. Williams is more of a great stash than a guy I want to start, even if he could potentially see extra work in what should be the easiest win of the week for Denver. 

Rodgers or Danny Dimes? 6 point all TD’s. 5 point bonus for 100 rush or 300 passing
I like what Jones is doing particularly running the ball (btw can we not use nicknames in these threads? Hard to bench Rodgers though it is closer than I would have thought.

Edge for Rodgers imo but can't fault you I'd you go the other way.

Boyd for sure

PPR, WR & TE is a combined position

Kyle Pitts @ NYG(Gage is out) or James White v N.O. or Trey Sermon v G.B.?

ETA: added Sermon because Shanahan loves to feed my agita
I'd roll the dice with Sermon

Sounds like Wentz is playing, even if he wasn't I might prefer Pittman

I'd roll the dice with Carter. 

I'd have a real hard time sitting Marvin Jones right now. Moore is tempting with the Jags having huge issues in the secondary, but it could go to a lot of guys there, where it seems like most Jags production is going to Jones.

Rodgers or Danny Dimes? 6 point all TD’s. 5 point bonus for 100 rush or 300 passing
I like Jones a lot, and think he's a lot better QB than he gets credit for, but this is a bridge too far for me, especially in that scoring system. 

I'm thinking of playing Andrews in the TE spot and Gronk in the flex over Damien Williams. NO shut down Aaron Jones in a weird game and slowed down CMAC holding him to just 74 yards rushing on 24 carries. Andrews has a great matchup against Detroit and is due for a big game. The Bucs will be without Antonio Brown and Ramsey will probably guard Evans. It seems Gronk could have a big game as well. 

Worth adding Watkins?

Is it week 1?

I kid, I kid....love the Lizard King

8 Targets 4 catches them 7 targets 4 targets (Hollywood has 16 targets)

leads the WRs in snaps 

:shrug:

plus matchup and he’s been playing well this year

probably be guarded by Bobby Price, 2nd year DB (was S now CB bc they’re running out of bodies.) he’s 6’3” and has played OK (mid 60s PFF scores)

With Dionte Johnson out, thinking JuJu will soak up targets.

JJSS over Courtland Sutton in my Flex?

Crazy talk, right?

Najee-Swift-Adams-Lamb-Cooks-Hock are my other starters.

ETA: I’m heavily favored, opponent had CMC

I'm thinking of playing Andrews in the TE spot and Gronk in the flex over Damien Williams. NO shut down Aaron Jones in a weird game and slowed down CMAC holding him to just 74 yards rushing on 24 carries. Andrews has a great matchup against Detroit and is due for a big game. The Bucs will be without Antonio Brown and Ramsey will probably guard Evans. It seems Gronk could have a big game as well. 
Assuming you mean Damien Harris and not Wiliams. If its Williams, start the 2 TEs for sure. If its Harris, I might be being a bit overreactive, but I'd probably sit Andrews. Its close, but so far, it seems like Hollywood is the clear #1 in that passing game, and while the Lions pass defense is really bad, its not like they are going to have any answer for the Ravens running game either. 

I'd say Gronk>Harris>Andrews, but non are bad starts. 

With Dionte Johnson out, thinking JuJu will soak up targets.

JJSS over Courtland Sutton in my Flex?

Crazy talk, right?

Najee-Swift-Adams-Lamb-Cooks-Hock are my other starters.

ETA: I’m heavily favored, opponent had CMC
I get the logic, but I don't think I'd sit Sutton until we know he won't be seeing 10+ targets a game without Jeudy. 

1/2 pt. PPR

RB/WR/TE Flex: Javonte Williams vs. Cordarrelle Patterson 

WR/TE Flex: Rondale Moore vs. Kyle Pitts (or play both and bench both above)

1/2 pt. PPR

RB/WR/TE Flex: Javonte Williams vs. Cordarrelle Patterson 

WR/TE Flex: Rondale Moore vs. Kyle Pitts (or play both and bench both above)
Call me crazy, but the guy I like most out of that group this week is Pitts. 

The 2nd spot is kind of dependent on the status of DeAndre Hopkins. I'm under the impression he's going to play, but if he surprises and doesn't it'd be tough to sit Moore. However if he does play, I think these Patterson touches are very much for real and he's probably my pick. I like Williams the most ROS of this group, but I don't really want to start him until I see at least once.

Users who are viewing this thread