What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Bryant and Mike Tagliere (1 Viewer)

BladeRunner

Footballguy
@Joe Bryant

I saw your newsletter this morning about you contracting COVID.  Needless to say, I wish you a speedy recovery and hope you don't suffer any of the more serious forms of the virus.  Your family and health are ALWAYS the most important part of fake football.  Always.

You also mentioned Mike in your newsletter and I was wondering if you have heard anything personally how Mike Tagliere is doing?  I follow him as well and was very surprised that he ended up getting hospitalized even though he was vaccinated.  I haven't heard much on if he's getting better, worse or is still the same.   

I understand health issues are private and I'm not asking for details.  I was just wondering if his recovery is going well and he's getting better

Thanks for the kind words.

I've not heard anything more specific on Mike other than the updates his wife's been posting on Twitter. It's been an up and down thing for sure him but my understanding is it's trending upward. Mike's a good dude. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Felt like a kick in the gut to read that email, and I'm not one who is usually impacted by people I don't personally know passing.  I guess I, like others, felt like I knew Tags just because he was so likable and easy to listen to.  RIP.

I feel like I know Joe a little as well, and I am hoping you feel better soon and can make it to the wedding.

Hang in there Joe. Definitely been thinking about you.

Horrible news about Mike. I, like everyone else, felt like he was a friend of mine. After hearing him on the Audible, he was one of the only guys that I started reading outside of Footballguys. We lost one of the greats. Sending good thoughts to his entire family.

Oh man. I'm a regular reader of The Primer, and as I was reading Fitzmaurice's sub column this week I had a bad feeling about the fact that Tags had been out of commission this long. So sad.

Well wishes to you, Joe. Your barn cats need their Captain. 😻   I am not familiar with Mike Tagliere, but I'm sorry for your loss, and that goes out to everyone else who are feeling the loss of "Tags."

Hearing about Mike was like a punch to the gut.  He seemed like a great guy and listened to his podcasts all the time.  Get better soon @Joe Bryant, like Mike I feel like even though we've never met that you're a part of our fantasy league among friends.  I've been using fantasy pros and football guys forever, even when it was just cheatsheets.net. Get well soon!

Yes

Still was hospitalized over a month. 
Wow. His wife posted something he had written a few years ago that mentioned him being a former smoker, but still didn't seem like he had any major comorbidities. May have just been really bad luck. Awful. Thinking about his wife and kids tonight.

Joe, hope you're doing OK. Get well soon.

Wow. His wife posted something he had written a few years ago that mentioned him being a former smoker, but still didn't seem like he had any major comorbidities. May have just been really bad luck. Awful. Thinking about his wife and kids tonight.

There had been a thought at one point that smoking was actually and ironically a bit of a protection to the virus but who can know?  With mike double vaxed there’s there obviously so much we have yet to learn.  

The podcasts leading up to this are so haunting,  believe it was August 4th or 9th and he was still on the air just getting. Ready for the season and he mentions not feeling well

Hope you feel better, Joe. You’ve got a lot of people in your corner thinking of you. 

And so sad about Tags - I really enjoyed his articles and he clearly was a very respected guy. :(

Just read on another board - take it for what it's worth - that a few posters there remember listening to his show and he talked about having a health scare earlier this year - something to do with his heart, apparently. 

Users who are viewing this thread