What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Music Draft - Rolling Stone Greatest 500 Songs Garbage List - Now with unhealthy regional pork-stuffs! (1 Viewer)

krista4

Footballguy
HEAR YE, HEAR YE!  We wouldn’t want a week to go by without a new music draft, so I’m here to start The ***Official*** Rolling Stone Top 500 Songs Garbage List Draft.

Link to draft sheet Unavailable (already drafted) songs will be shaded in red.

See rules and particulars in next post.

Playlists!

El Floppo Rolling Stone hot 500

The Dreaded Marco Rolling Stone Garbage

Raging weasel RS500draft

Ramsay's RS 500 Jams

Fratguyinalittlecoat's Sing-Along Keg Party

Uruk and K4s Wishlist (by landrys hat)

FFA Ilov80s RS 500

simey's RS20

rockaction'sRollingStone500List

Rolling Stoned 500 (by Yo Mama)

Pip Got No Hesitation

Rolling Stone Garbage (by The Dreaded Marco)

Cos and the Stoner Poodles Present...

Stuff Landrys Didn't Want (by Uruk-Hai)

Manster's Colossal Classic Rock Party Mix...and a few randos

Krista's Happy Greens

MrsR's RS

NV RS 500

DRAFT ORDER:

landrys hat

Ilov80s

Uruk-Hai

Pip's Invitation

Eephus

The Dreaded Marco

Doug B

Ramsay Hunt Experience

Binky the Doormat

Raging weasel

El Floppo

timschochet

Yo Mama

Manster

the moops

prosopis/fatguy/OH/etc. - spot potentially available

simey

Northern Voice

rockaction

krista4

cosjobs

Atomic Punk

Mrs. Rannous

Steve Tasker

Chaos Commish

Last edited by a moderator:
The general notion is that we will be drafting songs from this garbage list that Rolling Stone magazine put out this month.  For ease of use, Eephus has put together a spreadsheet showing all 500 in one page, so you don’t have to scroll through and give Rolling Stone the clicks - please see the draft sheet in first post, which Northern Voice put a lot of work into as well.  Big thanks to those guys.

But wait, there’s more!  Instead of simply choosing favorites from the whole list, each drafter will be required to take one song from each “segment,” which segments will be set up based on number of drafters.  You can take any undrafted song from any segment from which you haven't previously drafted - i.e., we do not do the segments in order.  With 25 drafters, each person would have to draft one and only one song from RS’s #1-25, #26-50, etc. 

There will be no clock, but if you hold up the draft for an unreasonable amount of time (determined arbitrarily and capriciously by me), I reserve the right to assign you the nearest Rush or Missy Elliott song and move on.

There will be no judging, except silently and frequently by me.

Participants are highly encouraged to make a Spotify playlist of their songs, as listening to each other’s playlists might be the most fun part of the endeavor!

Also reserved for something else or other.

I RESERVE THIS SPACE TO TELL YOU THAT EL FLOPPO IS THE WORST PERSON ALIVE.

I fully support this endeavor. I think it's a great idea. One thing about the math. I think I have this right, but in your example of twenty people, we'd want segments of twenty-five, if I'm not mistaken. Twenty by twenty would be four hundred. You'd want segments of twenty-five songs if you get twenty drafters, twenty songs if you get twenty-five drafters , and divisible etceteras. 

As I noted in the other thread, I eagerly await this. Sounds like fun. 

One thing about math. I think I have this right, but in your example of twenty people, we'd want segments of twenty-five, if I'm not mistaken. Twenty by twenty would be four hundred. You'd want segments of twenty-five songs if you get twenty drafters, twenty songs if you get twenty-five drafters , and divisible etceteras. 

I confused things with my first post on this, where I didn't set out the math right.  Each segment should have the same number of songs as drafters, so if we have 20 people, that's 20-song segments, meaning 25 rounds.  I realize that's an odd number of rounds, so we'd have to figure out how to handle Round 25 - maybe a FCFS on the last day.

I confused things with my first post on this, where I didn't set out the math right.  Each segment should have the same number of songs as drafters, so if we have 20 people, that's 20-song segments, meaning 25 rounds.  I realize that's an odd number of rounds, so we'd have to figure out how to handle Round 25 - maybe a FCFS on the last day.
Ohhh, I see. Thanks for correcting my correction. Awesome. 

One thing about math. I think I have this right, but in your example of twenty people, we'd want segments of twenty-five, if I'm not mistaken. Twenty by twenty would be four hundred. You'd want segments of twenty-five songs if you get twenty drafters, twenty songs if you get twenty-five drafters , and divisible etceteras. 

related article.

@rockactionShe is right. I set my cheat sheet to 20-song segments, then started to switch it to 25, then realized I had it right to begin with. 

As for the last round, everyone is locked into a segment at that point, so there won't be much mystery unless more than one person saved the same segment for last. 

@rockactionShe is right. I set my cheat sheet to 20-song segments, then started to switch it to 25, then realized I had it right to begin with. 

As for the last round, everyone is locked into a segment at that point, so there won't be much mystery unless more than one person saved the same segment for last. 
Oh, absolutely. I mistook how the structure of it worked. Carry on. 

By the way, if I'm ever in trouble, I'm trying to hire krista. Or Henry, who no longer really posts here. Or -fish- or Woz. 

Or others. But certainly krista. No pressure, k4. It's just my life on the line here! 

@krista4 - I have the "Draft sheet" set up, so it will automatically draw from the song and artist lists on the "Song List" sheet. It will also then automatically highlight in dark red the songs that are taken on the "Song List" sheet.

Once we know for sure if it's 20 or 25 drafters and a draft order, I'll finish setting it up accordingly.

There are a handful of songs with duplicate titles, so I've modified them so you will have to enter "Mr. Tambourine - The Byrds" or "Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan" as the song title in these instances, I think the sheet will make you do this anyway.  

By the way, if I'm ever in trouble, I'm trying to hire krista. Or Henry, who no longer really posts here. Or -fish- or Woz. 

Or others. But certainly krista. No pressure, k4. It's just my life on the line here! 
:lmao:   

W00t!

@krista4 - I have the "Draft sheet" set up, so it will automatically draw from the song and artist lists on the "Song List" sheet. It will also then automatically highlight in dark red the songs that are taken on the "Song List" sheet.

Once we know for sure if it's 20 or 25 drafters and a draft order, I'll finish setting it up accordingly.

There are a handful of songs with duplicate titles, so I've modified them so you will have to enter "Mr. Tambourine - The Byrds" or "Mr. Tambourine Man - Bob Dylan" as the song title in these instances, I think the sheet will make you do this anyway.  
:thanks:   Wow, you are good.  Thanks!

Dr. O is a lawyer too. I think he is corporate like k4.  I could be wrong. Many years ago in a music draft here, @PIK95 was putting in his pick, but he was also texting while driving and maybe drinking too.  Maybe. Anyway, I told him he was going to crash or get arrested or both, and he would have to get randall to represent him in court. randall was in the draft too. Those two started bantering back and forth about their whereabouts in RI, and that's how those two connected.  Do you remember that, PIK? I remember random things all the time.

Yeah, I noticed there are two versions of Mr. Tambourine Man (Dylan/Byrds), Killing Me Softly With His Song (Flack/Fugees), Gloria (Them/P. Smith) and Walk on By (Warwick/Hayes), as well as two separate songs called Crazy (Patsy Cline and Gnarls Barkley). 

Yeah, I noticed there are two versions of Mr. Tambourine Man (Dylan/Byrds), Killing Me Softly With His Song (Flack/Fugees), Gloria (Them/P. Smith) and Walk on By (Warwick/Hayes), as well as two separate songs called Crazy (Patsy Cline and Gnarls Barkley). 
Odd choice for a Dylan song. I’m sure there’s quite a few on the list but that wouldn’t even make my list of top 50 Dylan songs.

I just looked at the list for the first time and have selected my first-rounder.  Please don't snipe me.  TIA.

Dr. O is a lawyer too. I think he is corporate like k4.  I could be wrong. Many years ago in a music draft here, @PIK95 was putting in his pick, but he was also texting while driving and maybe drinking too.  Maybe. Anyway, I told him he was going to crash or get arrested or both, and he would have to get randall to represent him in court. randall was in the draft too. Those two started bantering back and forth about their whereabouts in RI, and that's how those two connected.  Do you remember that, PIK? I remember random things all the time.
95% correct.  I don't drink. Last beer I had was over six months ago.  Maybe over a year ago.  Not even sure.  I never drank even a sip (or smoke) and drivin in my life.  I also lived in a fraternity house for like seven years, lol

Otherwise, you are right on.

We have 18 participants so far, and for ease of math it would be great to get two more.  If we don’t, I have an idea or two how we can handle that.
I'd prefer we get to 20, but if we can't, maybe we use dice for the last one or two players? When it's a bot's turn, roll one die between 1 and 500. The corresponding number on the RS list is their pick. If their team already has something from that bloc, roll again. Waiting on something but getting sniped by the dice could make for some interesting moments. 

We have 18 participants so far, and for ease of math it would be great to get two more.  If we don’t, I have an idea or two how we can handle that.
I'd prefer we get to 20, but if we can't, maybe we use dice for the last one or two players? When it's a bot's turn, roll one die between 1 and 500. The corresponding number on the RS list is their pick. If their team already has something from that bloc, roll again. Waiting on something but getting sniped by the dice could make for some interesting moments. 

Someone will probably join on Monday

omg  :D  ...sorry pip 

but the amount of "pure nerd" dripping off that entire statement, just made me burst out laughing

and I am right in the middle of this ...

My unsolicited two cents are start Tuesday because some people may not see it until Monday and 25 might be more realistic than you think and not leave people out. 

I meant to jump in, @krista4 ... was just kicking the can down the road. We've got 19.

Woo-hoo!  Coincidentally, I saw this post while waiting for some liquid in my jambalaya to evaporate.  It's a sign!

We need one more, and if desperate I'll force OH into the draft.  But I suspect we'll get another.

95% correct.  I don't drink. Last beer I had was over six months ago.  Maybe over a year ago.  Not even sure.  I never drank even a sip (or smoke) and drivin in my life.  I also lived in a fraternity house for like seven years, lol

Otherwise, you are right on.
🤙  I don't want to mention it in randall's thread, but I periodically check his wife's FB page to see how he is. His 50th bday was last month, and Team Gleason and the Boston Red Sox teamed up, and gave him, his family, and friends a box suite for a Sox game for his bday. He was smiling. ❤️  His wife is very involved in his fight. 

Paradoxically, it seems like the scarcity issues get less with more people in the draft. When you have to make 20 picks instead of 25, you in theory have fewer chances to pick something you don't like. This is based more on perception than math, though. 

🤙  I don't want to mention it in randall's thread, but I periodically check his wife's FB page to see how he is. His 50th bday was last month, and Team Gleason and the Boston Red Sox teamed up, and gave him, his family, and friends a box suite for a Sox game for his bday. He was smiling. ❤️  His wife is very involved in his fight. 

Thank you so much for this update.  I wonder about him frequently.

Paradoxically, it seems like the scarcity issues get less with more people in the draft. When you have to make 20 picks instead of 25, you in theory have fewer chances to pick something you don't like. This is based more on perception than math, though. 

I'm actually kind of a fan of leaving it at 20 people for that and other reasons, but I wouldn't want to leave out a "regular" if they wanted in.  We'll see how it goes, I guess.

I want to note in particular how excited I am to see Ramsay Hunt Experience, who TMK hasn't been in any recent music drafts!!

Users who are viewing this thread