What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mike Tagliere, Fantasy Football Writer passed away today (1 Viewer)

I hope his family can take some comfort from knowing how many lives he touched. He had that rare ability to make you feel like you knew him as a good friend. I will hold his memory dear.

Every covid death at this point is a black mark against the unvaccinated. No amount of vaccine can safeguard us against those who refuse to stop this pandemic. The fact that covid still exists is a global disgrace of petulant ignorance.

My condolences to him and his family.

I won't speculate if he was fully vaccinated and how long after vaccine he got sick because at this point for him and his loved ones the point is moot.

This virus is real and far too many have been way too cavalier about precautions vaccinations etc.

Fact is 95% or more of hospitalization and deaths right now are in the unvaccinated. Buy vaccination is not a guarantee just like a bullet proof vest isn't a guarantee you won't die of a gunshot.

Bit if everyone is vaccinated and uses proper precautions around others this pandemic will end and no more senseless tragedies will occur.

Signed, front line healthcare worker who has been living this the past 18 months

I hope his family can take some comfort from knowing how many lives he touched. He had that rare ability to make you feel like you knew him as a good friend. I will hold his memory dear.

Every covid death at this point is a black mark against the unvaccinated. No amount of vaccine can safeguard us against those who refuse to stop this pandemic. The fact that covid still exists is a global disgrace of petulant ignorance.
Stop. 

RIP Tags. Enjoyed your work. 39 is way too young. Love seeing how the FF community has come together to support his family.  FBGs definitely stepped up. 

So Sad, after a long fight. I really feel for his wife, daughter, son and the rest of his family. 

I listened to him for years, just a regular in my ear .... you'll be missed Mike! 

RIP

Saddened to hear this terrible news. 

Always appreciated Tags' analysis and his sense of humor.   R.I.P. Tags.   

Mike Tagliere was fully vaccinated.

I read somewhere that he had a heart condition during the summer so possibly had underlying health conditions there.

Such a sad loss
I figured there had to se some sort of pre-existing condition but man, 39 and from the looks of it, pretty healthy on the surface. So incredibly sad.

RIP to Mike Tagliere, or as his fantasy friends and acquaintances on Twitter used to call him, Tags. 

I'd followed the story on Twitter and don't want to delve into specifics or impressions. It's just sad that he's gone and the community will miss him greatly. In addition to producing voluminous content, he was a family man and father. The world is a lesser place today.  

My condolences to his family. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pros did a nice job in tribute this morning on the podcast. RIP Tags, you were truly one of the best at what you did, and from what I’ve heard and read, you were an even better man. 

Yes. This thread is about Tags. Trolls who make it about our global pandemic and try to gaslight us should be banned for a week imo. 

Truebluey, I consider you a friend in this space and agree with you almost fully, aside from Dickey Moe pointing out something proper, but time and place, man. Time and place. Let this be a remembrance thread. 

This one hurts a lot. One of the hardest working people in the industry and a wonderful human being.

39, fully vaccinated, and leaving behind a 4 year old.

If you have means to donate to his GoFundMe, it could mean a giant difference to his wife and family.

RIP Tags. You will be missed. 

Awful news to hear, as I'm sure his family is crushed by this, and the struggle he went through.  FF is a welcome diversion to the ails of this world and Mike helped this community in a significant way.  At the end of the day we are all human and just trying to get through this thing the best we can.  RIP Tags.

Users who are viewing this thread