What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New Orleans at New England*** (-3) (43) Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Interesting game here. Which Saints team shows up? A big rebound from an awful performance?

Or the team that crushed Green Bay? I'm perplexed.

Big game for the Pats...if they are going to make the playoffs this is a must-win game...not a lot of room for error after the Miami loss.

Saints get a lot of their defenders back today (minus the IR guys).  I think this game goes under the 43 total.

Saints get a lot of their defenders back ...
Plus the several coaches who were absent last week due to COVID.

Gotta say, last week deflated my expectations a ton for 2021. Seems like a Patriots romp is in the offing. Belichick has got to be tempted to blitz recklessly -- even with obvious openings and Saints skill players unguarded -- until backup center Carlos Ruiz and Jameis Winston proves they can identify the rushers and beat the blitz.

I knew newly-signed WR Kenny Still was active for the Saints today. I see also that former KC starting center Austin Reiter is also active for the Saints. I wonder if Reiter is starting over natural guard Ruiz? Haven't heard yet.

NE needs to figure teams are going to blitz Jones for no other reason than he’s a rookie. He had options that third down but no time. May have to go screen next series. 

NE needs to figure teams are going to blitz Jones for no other reason than he’s a rookie. He had options that third down but no time. May have to go screen next series. 
Play out of shot gun has its drawbacks. In particular with tackles that easily get beat on the outside. 

How can Kamara be that open...bad drive for the Pats D.
Saints aren’t dumb. They are stacking players and when they split NE is having issues on who each player is covering. Van Noy was in the spot where the pass went but covered someone else and no one else picked up Kamala. 

Saints aren’t dumb. They are stacking players and when they split NE is having issues on who each player is covering. Van Noy was in the spot where the pass went but covered someone else and no one else picked up Kamala. 
They blitzed Phillips up the middle, so you’d think the idea is an LB stays home to cover Kamara. Something was broken on that defensive play. Someone blitzed when they shouldn’t have. Or someone missed the memo of backing up the blitz by staying home on Kamara. The guy that is the weapon of their offense. 

I am guessing NE called timeout based on the wind on that side of the stadium to prevent NO kicking on the easier side of the stadium. 

That was a good timeout. Our d might have had troubles getting out there and in formation and may have been hard counted offsides. Belichick calls a timeout. Nice

Yikes. Pressure too much for our oline. Now we got Onwenu making a potential td saving tackle. This gonna be a bad day. 

Just not prepared to play…14-3 is not a proper indication of what is happening…McDaniels is off his game so far…

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor Mac Jones, looked like the receiver or target just gift wrapped it to the defense. 

Don't think Bill will try and pin the blame on Jones so far, his supporting cast is letting him down. 

The Saints are the better team today,  not disputing that, but they are getting some really lucky breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread