What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago at Cleveland*** (-7.5) (44.5) Game Thread (1 Viewer)

I am actually going to shut down the redzone today and watch my Bears game. Can't wait! 

Any update on Mooney? Assuming he plays but just how bad is he banged up?

I have visions of Fields scrambling around buying time and Mooney coming wide open for huge gainers.
He'll definitely scramble.

-------------------------------------

Rich Hribar@LordReebs

Justin Fields has 83 combined dropbacks from the preseason through the open of this season He has scrambled on 14 of them (16.9%) for 121 yards.

Last year's highest scramble rates:

• Hurts 13.5%
  • Taysom 11.7%
  • Lamar 11.2%
  • Watson 9.5%
-----------------------------------

Not sure his intent will be to buy time in the pocket.

Looking forward to this one.  I like Fields coming out and glad Pittsburgh didn't pick him up.  As a Browns fan, Fields will have to scramble some with the DL pressure.  Curious if Ward will cover Mooney.  Should be a fun one to watch.

Fields makes the Bears skill position players unusable. Ugh.
Ya, I don't put that on Fields.  When he had time, he looked good.  His OL was a mess and couldn't block anything.  There were some plays where it looked like Peters wasn't even trying to block Garrett.  Nagy didn't do Fields any favors today.  The system needs to adapt to Fields as well.  I don't think Fields was Nagy's pick, it was the FO's pick.  I feel like Nagy left Fields out to dry today to try and make a point to the FO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya, I don't put that on Fields.  When he had time, he looked good.  His OL was a mess and couldn't block anything.  There were some plays where it looked like Peters wasn't even trying to block Garrett.  Nagy didn't do Fields any favors today.  The system needs to adapt to Fields as well.  I don't think Fields was Nagy's pick, it was the FO's pick.  I feel like Nagy left Fields out to dry today to try and make a point to the FO.
Video: 🎥  OT Jason Peteres Ole block basically letting Myles Garrett a free-run on QB Justin Fields.

Nagy probably figured Fields needed another year as many have said.  He also probably knew he lacked enough fire-power on the O-Line to give him a fighter's chance.  

If the kid makes it, it will not be with that O-line or coach IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread