What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 waiver wire targets (1 Viewer)

BobbyLayne

Footballguy
if he wasn't drafted in your league - or was drafted only to be dropped - there is a clear #1

1. Chuba Hubbard RB Car
  2. Peyton Barber RB LV
  3. Tyler Conklin TE Min
  4. Pat FreiermuthTE  Pit
  5. Desean Jackson WR LAR
  6. Jake Funk RB LAR (6.0 YPC)

Just kidding about #6, seeing if anyone actually reads these.

anybody like veteran WRs?`

besides DeSean, Emmanuel Sanders and Sammy Watkins had nice days

Sam Darnold if you're in the market for a backup QB/bye week filler or otherwise desperate

A couple hasn't happened scenarios here but I think likely and worth a play-

Add Marcus Johnson TEN

AJB hammy is likely not a miss one game injury

Marcus is eligible to come off of IR for a foot injury that he both walked on and jumped on and made us say hmmmm that watched that game. He was the star of camp and offseason and....I strongly think this is worth a play in deep leagues

Without AJB and Marcus, I'd stay with Chester Rogers who I recommended day one. He's getting 7? points per week and an uptick would be interesting.

MyCole Pruitt has led the Titans in targets the last two weeks and has been wow as a blocker.  You can see him in a lot of Henry runs making the key block. They are not taking him out to play Firkser enough to win a fantasy matchup when Firkser returns. Firkser is highly questionable now. I think Firkser simply goes back to last year's role.

Today's game was unusual. There were many active players involved like hey let's dust off the guys from preseason to keep them fresh. It was odd so be careful how you judge this week's stats. 

A couple hasn't happened scenarios here but I think likely and worth a play-

Add Marcus Johnson TEN

AJB hammy is likely not a miss one game injury 
I love your analysis but I am curious what makes you so confident this is a multi-week injury.

And do you think it is multiple missed games or are we talking a "limited" situation where AJ gets rolled out as essentially a decoy?

It's important as we need to understand how to value Johnson. He doesn't have much value if we have to worry about whether or not AJ is healthy or a decoy.

If you think AJ will be out for a couple weeks Johnson has legit value otherwise he's a guy you can never reliably start.

if he wasn't drafted in your league - or was drafted only to be dropped - there is a clear #1

1. Chuba Hubbard RB Car
  2. Peyton Barber RB LV
  3. Tyler Conklin TE Min
  4. Pat FreiermuthTE  Pit
  5. Desean Jackson WR LAR

3.5 ypc Barber? That Barber? RBs are hard to come by, so it's worth a try if Jacobs will be out another week. He looked good today and the LV offense is explosive.

1. Chuba Hubbard RB Car
  2. Peyton Barber RB LV
  3. Tyler Conklin TE Min
  4. Pat FreiermuthTE  Pit
  5. Desean Jackson WR LAR

I came in here to suggest “not jake funk”

Van Jefferson if he’s still out there. It’s the Kupp show, but Jefferson is getting as many targets and snaps as Woods is. And Stafford is slinging it.

Chaka said:
I love your analysis but I am curious what makes you so confident this is a multi-week injury.

And do you think it is multiple missed games or are we talking a "limited" situation where AJ gets rolled out as essentially a decoy?

It's important as we need to understand how to value Johnson. He doesn't have much value if we have to worry about whether or not AJ is healthy or a decoy.

If you think AJ will be out for a couple weeks Johnson has legit value otherwise he's a guy you can never reliably start.
Have no choice but to guess.

Injury reporting rules and/or Vrabel have been garbage since covid or the last season and this one.

It's not a tear (he'd be in noticable wrenching pain) so they will need time to treat it to even give a prognosis.

Injury report comes out Wednesday. Waivers are before.

Chao guessed a few weeks tonight.

As far as Johnson, it's not simple.

He was the starter all camp after winning the spot sometime in like May. Also AJ and Julio sat all summer.

The Downing (new OC) plan was 3WR offense with all three switching spots.

They couldn't pass protect as they've been two TE or three TE for about a decade now and maybe the Ts are spoiled or...idk.

Week two and three, they used (guess) 50? percent two TE offense and the pass pro was fixed and Henry is steam rolling. They also elevated a TE and FB which seems to be working great. Essentially back to Arthur's offense.

My guess is they continue two TE which means Johnson plays less when AJ and Jones are healthy. It doesn't worry me though because on third they're rolling 3WR and...back to the brand new managing Julio.

There's a lot of guesses no doubt but there won't be answers so I'm laying it out best I can.

Google Marcus Johnson and you'll see how well he did this summer. The guy seems to have hit his potential.

The other side-.

If ya don't, someone else will and he could be a lottery ticket. 

What are your other waiver WR choices in a deep league? 

The best I saw was Lazard for like a minute tonight then Adams shook it off and rocked.

Pitt Washington was surely claimed last week as was Hamler.

All I see are 3-4 catch 50 yard guys that you probably dump asap. Johnson's got that floor and a way higher ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread