What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Unofficial Trump running mate thread. (1 Viewer)

NorvilleBarnes

Footballguy
Since it's clear Trump is running, and it's equally clear Pence won't be his running mate, I thought it would be great fun to discuss potential candidates for him to pick as his VP running mate.

I decided not do a poll and leave it open ended to encourage honest discussion of a wider number possibilities. I also wanted more serious, thoughtful, shtick free conversation since the VP spot is so important. I also wanted to avoid the type of messes that polls tend to create like that one Leroy Hoard made for the GOP that's so horrible. Have you seen it? Just an absolute cluster of poll, my god, just horrible.

Anyhoo, Trump's VP for 2024, GO!

Since it's clear Trump is running, and it's equally clear Pence won't be his running mate, I thought it would be great fun to discuss potential candidates for him to pick as his VP running mate.

I decided not do a poll and leave it open ended to encourage honest discussion of a wider number possibilities. I also wanted more serious, thoughtful, shtick free conversation since the VP spot is so important. I also wanted to avoid the type of messes that polls tend to create like that one Leroy Hoard made for the GOP that's so horrible. Have you seen it? Just an absolute cluster of poll, my god, just horrible.

Anyhoo, Trump's VP for 2024, GO!
Well, that lasted long.

No idea, other than it will definitely be someone less "conventional" than Pence, and under no circumstances will it be someone capable of outshining Trump. If people look at the ticket and think, "I'd really rather see the VP nominee at the top of the ticket," it'd be the kiss of death as far as Trump is concerned.

So that means likely no DeSantis, Noem, Haley, et al. I think a Congressional back-bencher like Crenshaw might make sense. Someone who would wake up every morning knowing they owed their new-found prominence to Trump. If you look at who he's promoted at his company over the years, that's the pattern.

Serious answer is I have no idea who he’ll pick and I’m not really sure it matters to those who are already planning to vote for him or against him.  Assuming it’s a serious candidate and not another celeb or one of his kids or something I think those planning to vote for or against currently really won’t be swayed.  Those on the fence maybe get swayed if the pick is good or bad - I think you currently have a decent amount of people looking at Biden and saying, I give up - I’m not voting for either of these guys.  Picking the My Pillow Guy may flip those folks back to voting against Trump. 

Psst ... no one tell Gordon G about this thread. He'll bring down the wrath of hell upon anyone for daring to suggest that Haley won't be the nominee
Truly amazing how many words it takes him to be wrong. My thread had the right answer #1, and yet he and 80% of this forums voters still somehow botched the easy layup.

Went to Bovada to examine odds and there's really nothing new to report.  At least with regards to the US election.....Trump the fave for GOP and Biden or Harris the fave for DEM with the DEMs holding the pole position to win in 2024.  :yawn:

But then something caught my eye at the bottom of the page!  Odds To Win 2022 Presidential Election In The Philippines

Manny Pacquiao +110 to be the next president?  Wow......

But that not why we here!   

At +1200 is a candidate called BongBong Marcus and if we can't get behind BongBong what exactly are we doing here, folks?  

If I were him I'd do whatever it took to get Dan Crenshaw. 

Sleeper pick here is Ivanka.  

Given how wrong I was in 2016 though and how I should just assume the worst, #### he could go with crazy Kelli Ward for all I know. 

If I were him I'd do whatever it took to get Dan Crenshaw. 

Sleeper pick here is Ivanka.  

Given how wrong I was in 2016 though and how I should just assume the worst, #### he could go with crazy Kelli Ward for all I know. 
Just give up any pretense of sanity and go Sarah Palin.   

Went to Bovada to examine odds and there's really nothing new to report.  At least with regards to the US election.....Trump the fave for GOP and Biden or Harris the fave for DEM with the DEMs holding the pole position to win in 2024.  :yawn:

But then something caught my eye at the bottom of the page!  Odds To Win 2022 Presidential Election In The Philippines

Manny Pacquiao +110 to be the next president?  Wow......

But that not why we here!   

At +1200 is a candidate called BongBong Marcus and if we can't get behind BongBong what exactly are we doing here, folks?  
I feel bad for John Kasich.   Once a respected candidate for President, his party slid so far right that he's now on the fringe.    Kanye West is +3000; Kasich is +10000. Rand Paul being more of a longshot than Kanye is pretty great, though.   

Maybe Manny could name BongBong his VP.   "Manny and BongBong" would be a great name for a cable series.

I feel bad for John Kasich.   Once a respected candidate for President, his party slid so far right that he's now on the fringe.    Kanye West is +3000; Kasich is +10000. Rand Paul being more of a longshot than Kanye is pretty great, though.   

Maybe Manny could name BongBong his VP.   "Manny and BongBong" would be a great name for a cable series.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Kasich seemed the obvious choice in 2016 and I'd have voted for him over Hillary. Now, Kanye has better odds... 

Serious answer is I have no idea who he’ll pick and I’m not really sure it matters to those who are already planning to vote for him or against him.  Assuming it’s a serious candidate and not another celeb or one of his kids or something I think those planning to vote for or against currently really won’t be swayed.  Those on the fence maybe get swayed if the pick is good or bad - I think you currently have a decent amount of people looking at Biden and saying, I give up - I’m not voting for either of these guys.  Picking the My Pillow Guy may flip those folks back to voting against Trump. 
I predict voter turnout similar to the last election. If nothing else, Trump motivates people to take action.

And nobody cares about the VP.

I predict voter turnout similar to the last election. If nothing else, Trump motivates people to take action.

And nobody cares about the VP.
You're right.

If Trump runs (a big if-IMO he won't allow himself to be embarrassed again), he will motivate every person not in his following to come out and make sure he does get embarrassed again.  Whoever he chooses will be easily cowed by him and a total "yes-person".  And yes, no one will care.

Corey Lewandowski might not be the guy either.....

Corey Lewandowski, a longtime political aide to former President Donald Trump, is accused of making unwanted sexual advances toward a Republican donor, Politico reported Wednesday. 

Trashelle Odom, the wife of Idaho construction executive John Odom, told Politico that Lewandowski approached her at a charity dinner in Las Vegas and made repeated advances, including touching her legs and buttocks, over the course of the evening. Four people who attended the event corroborated Odom’s account. 

“On the evening of September 26 in Las Vegas, Nevada, I attended a dinner to support a charity and spend time with wonderful friends,” Odom told Politico in a statement. “He repeatedly touched me inappropriately, said vile and disgusting things to me, stalked me and made me feel violated and fearful.”

Lewandowski, who is married and has four children, served as Trump’s first campaign manager early in the 2016 presidential campaign and has been an outspoken Trump loyalist with frequent appearances on television. Lewandowski flirted with the idea of running for the U.S. Senate in New Hampshire in 2020, but said he decided against doing so in order to help Trump’s reelection effort. He is the author of the book “Let Trump Be Trump.”

ignatiusjreilly said:
So I assume not Kristi Noem? Although who the hell knows anymore, maybe this helps her.
All political parties transition over the decades. In this case the GOP went from being the "Moral Majority" of the 1970's to being the "Immoral Minority" of the 2020's.

Users who are viewing this thread