What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My positional rankings from week 4 onward (1 Viewer)

travdogg

Footballguy
QB:
1. Josh Allen
2. Kyler Murray
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Patrick Mahomes
5. Dak Prescott
6. Tom Brady
7. Russell Wilson
8. Jalen Hurts
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Justin Herbert
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Derek Carr
13. Ryan Tannehill
14. Daniel Jones
15. Sam Darnold

RB:
1. Derrick Henry
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Dalvin Cook
4. Saquon Barkley
5. Nick Chubb
6. Aaron Jones
7. Austin Ekeler
8. D'andre Swift
9. Alvin Kamara
10. Ezekiel Elliott
11. Najee Harris
12. Joe Mixon
13. Jonathan Taylor
14. Antonio Gibson
15. Darrell Henderson
16. James Robinson
17. Miles Sanders
18. Chris Carson
19. Chase Edmonds
20. Clyde Edwards-Helaire
21. David Montgomery
22. Josh Jacobs
23. Kareem Hunt
24. Mike Davis
25. Damien Harris
26. Leonard Fournette
27. Zach Moss
28. Jamaal Williams
29. Devin Singletary
30. Nyheim Hines

Last edited by a moderator:
WR:
1. Davante Adams
2. Tyreek Hill
3. Justin Jefferson
4. Stefon Diggs
5. DeAndre Hopkins
6. DK Metcalf
7. DJ Moore
8. Cooper Kupp
9. CeeDee Lamb
10. Mike Evans
11. Calvin Ridley
12. AJ Brown
13. Keenan Allen
14. Tyler Lockett
15. Deebo Samuel
16. Mike Williams
17. Amari Cooper
18. Robert Woods
19. Chris Godwin
20. Diontae Johnson
21. Hollywood Brown
22. Terry McLaurin
23. Adam Thielen
24. Courtland Sutton
25. Odell Beckham
26. Kenny Golladay
27. Tee Higgins
28. Jerry Jeudy
29. Brandin Cooks
30. Ja'Marr Chase
31. Marvin Jones
32. Jaylen Waddle
33. Michael Pittman
34. Cole Beasley
35. Sterling Shepard
36. Michael Gallup
37. Allen Robinson
38. Julio Jones
39. DeVonta Smith
40. Corey Davis

TE:
1. Travis Kelce
2. Darren Waller
3. George Kittle
4. TJ Hockenson
5. Kyle Pitts
6. Mark Andrews
7. Logan Thomas
8. Dallas Goedert
9. Noah Fant
10. Tyler Higbee
11. Robert Tonyan
12. Mike Gesicki
13. Gerald Everett
14. Rob Gronkowski
15. Hunter Henry

Pollard is missing
He just missed the list. I don't think Dallas will be this run heavy all year. I think Cooper being banged up, and Gallup being out has increased Pollard's workload these past couple games. I think once they are healthy, Dallas is more pass heavy, and that is also reflected in my ranking of Prescott.

I wanna give guys props for throwing rankings out like this cuz it's bold, but Brandin Cooks at 29 my man?
I think he's a great sell high right now. I just don't think this is sustainable at all. He's all they have, he's going to be facing consistent double teams soon, and his QB situation is awful. 

Why so high on Jefferson?
Truthfully, I thought he'd be lower like 5th or so, but when I ran the numbers, he was 3rd. 

His 10 target a game average feels sustainable, as he can't truly be doubled without opening up major issues elsewhere. He wins deep and compiles, and while Osborn and Conklin have produced somewhat, I feel this is essentially 2-player passing game.

DJ Moore and ARob need bumping up. 
You don't think 7 is high enough for Moore?

I think the Bears passing game is going to be this bad all year. This is kind of in line with what I expected, but worse. The OL is awful, QB is a work in progress at best, and teams are daring them to throw elsewhere. Robinson and Mooney have basically been interchangeable so far, and while I don't think that will be the case all season, I'm open to the possibility that it might be. 

First of all thanks for taking the time to post all this.

Justin Herbert should be considerably higher. By end of season I think he'll be top 5, despite all the Charger offensive penalties.
7-12 is basically a tier for me, so I don't think top-5 is farfetched. It just comes down to trusting Wilson and Rodgers more, and while I don't really trust Hurts, he has top-5 upside every week due to his rushing. I also believe Herbert will be asked to do less than those guys, due to having a better defense.  

Great stuff.   Comments/questions are:

1) Mixon seems a little low.  Since you have Swift at 8, guessing this is a PPR list.  I would swap Mixon and Swift.

2) if this is PPR list, then Chubb is too high.   Splitting time with Hunt and doesn't catch enough passes

3) where are your DEN RBs?  one of them should be in the top 30, likely Javonte.

4) Miles Sanders at 17?  I can't see how that can be.

5) I guess 5000+ yds and 40+ TDs is only QB6, since Brady is going to go for 5000+ and 40+ TDs

6)  You must think Mike Williams will fall back to earth a little, but 16 isn't bad, I would have him a few spots higher.

7) Deebo too high.  SF loves to run the ball and I don't think Aiyuk is dead, and Kittle will still get his.

8 - Gronk at 14?  with Gesicki and Tonyan and Everett ahead of him?  This is the biggest head scratcher of them all.  TB is going to have a 5000+/40+ TD pie.  Gronk has caught at least 4 passes in every game and if he stays healthy (big if) then Gronk will likely score 8+ TDs ROS.  Has to be in your top 10.

It looks like you think Robert Woods starts getting breakfast? He's on my bench until then.

Thanks for the optimism, I was getting real low on him. 
I'd be a bit concerned about Woods because Jefferson is playing the same number of snaps and his targets are not far off from Woods. Kupp is clearly the preferred option, but Woods and Jefferson may cannibalize each other a bit.

QB:
1. Josh Allen
2. Kyler Murray
3. Lamar Jackson
4. Patrick Mahomes
5. Dak Prescott
6. Tom Brady
7. Russell Wilson
8. Jalen Hurts
9. Aaron Rodgers
10. Justin Herbert
11. Matthew Stafford
12. Derek Carr
13. Ryan Tannehill
14. Daniel Jones
15. Sam Darnold
I’d like you to go deeper, like where would you put the rookie QBs? I think Lawrence and Lance could (emphasis) be ahead of Jones and darnold   

Hey @travdogg appreciate you posting this & engaging with the board to defend some of these.

I’m curious how Jeudy gets to WR28 when he is out 6-8 weeks (minimum)?

Thanks for posting this travdogg.

I think Kirk Cousins should be ranked higher than Sam Darnold at least.
You are forgetting about the inevitable 3 INT games that are coming when he kills momentum with all 3 INT's in the endzone on terrible decisions.  It's coming once you get lulled into thinking he is over that. 

Arob,  I'd like to agree but not so sure.

Cooks and Chase have to move up. D.Johnson, just not high on him.
I can see the argument for Chase being higher. My case against that, is that I think Cincinnati is going to be a run first team as long as Mixon holds up, as to protect Burrow, and I believe Tee Higgins is a slightly better player at this point. I also don't think Chase's TD rate is sustainable at all.

Johnson's case is he sees 1/3rd of the targets whenever healthy, on a team that can't run the ball, and is in the top-5 in pass attempts. If I weren't concerned about his injury, and a little worried he's just injury prone in general, he might be 5-6 spots higher.

It looks like you think Robert Woods starts getting breakfast? He's on my bench until then.

Thanks for the optimism, I was getting real low on him. 
Woods is probably my favorite buy low right now, alongside Amari Cooper and Kyle Pitts.

In Woods case, I think he's just been on the unlucky side of variance. Teams will start playing Kupp better, and Woods is still seeing 20+% targets in a very good offense. I'm not worried about any of the Jefferson/D-Jax riff raff to start the year. Woods is the clear #2, and likely is due for a breakout son. Maybe this week against the Cards.

Your posts give me hope for Woods and Pitts. Also I stashed Jeudy when he was dropped so fingers crossed that he does what he would need to do from week (whenever he's back) to end of season- in order to achieve your ROS ranking.

Great stuff.   Comments/questions are:

1) Mixon seems a little low.  Since you have Swift at 8, guessing this is a PPR list.  I would swap Mixon and Swift.

2) if this is PPR list, then Chubb is too high.   Splitting time with Hunt and doesn't catch enough passes

3) where are your DEN RBs?  one of them should be in the top 30, likely Javonte.

4) Miles Sanders at 17?  I can't see how that can be.

5) I guess 5000+ yds and 40+ TDs is only QB6, since Brady is going to go for 5000+ and 40+ TDs

6)  You must think Mike Williams will fall back to earth a little, but 16 isn't bad, I would have him a few spots higher.

7) Deebo too high.  SF loves to run the ball and I don't think Aiyuk is dead, and Kittle will still get his.

8 - Gronk at 14?  with Gesicki and Tonyan and Everett ahead of him?  This is the biggest head scratcher of them all.  TB is going to have a 5000+/40+ TD pie.  Gronk has caught at least 4 passes in every game and if he stays healthy (big if) then Gronk will likely score 8+ TDs ROS.  Has to be in your top 10.
I split the difference and am using .5PPR. To address these 1 by 1:

1. In Mixon's case, I think the Bengals are having some seconds thoughts about him as the full bellcow RB. I think Chris Evans is starting to take on a Bernard-like role in the passing game. Maybe not as big a share as Bernard did, but enough that Mixon's workload isn't as big as it looked like it would be after week 1. I also think Mixon is more of a floor play than a ceiling guy, and that loses tiebreakers for me.  Meanwhile, I think the Lions offense goes entirely through 3 guys, and Swift is the main one. I could understand having him lower and Williams higher for the here and now, but I anticipate Swift taking more and more of the pie as the season goes on. 

2. I kind of agree on Chubb. He's the hardest guy to rank for me. He feels like a very boom/bust guy, but the booms are 100 yard 2 TD games. I kinda have a dropoff after the top-4 RBs. 5-11 are somewhat interchangeable, but Chubb is the guy I feel like has the best combination of upside, supporting cast, and schedule in that group.

3. Javonte and Gordon would have both been in the top-35, with Javonte slightly higher. I do want to point out that Denver has played NYG/Jax/NYJ so they likely are going to be less successful in all facets going forward than they have been, as those may be 3 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. 

4. I'm kinda throwing out the Dallas game as a one off. I think Philly is a run 1st team, and Sanders(and Hurts) are at the forefront of that. Sanders has looked like a better player this season, and I think the bigger games aren't far off.

5. Honestly yes. 5,000 yards and 40 TD's is about QB6 these days. Brady had 4600-40 last year and was QB8, and that was in a year where Lamar Jackson wasn't himself, and Dak Prescott was injured. 

6. I might be underrating Williams. I wouldn't argue to hard about having him 5 spots higher. For me, its a track record thing. Maybe it'll be different this time, but he's one of those guys, I'm just not in a hurry to trust. He's a little bit like Tyler Lockett for me in that way, who is ranked 2 spots higher, because I trust his QB more, which isn't a knock on Herbert, more a compliment on Wilson.

7. I think Deebo would have been this high last year if he were healthy. He's one of the 3 most dangerous WRs in the NFL with the ball in his hands. I don't think this offense is as run-heavy as in years past, and I think the defense is mediocre, which may lead to even more positive game script for all the receiving weapons.

8. Its your big if basically. I have zero confidence Gronk can stay on the field. I almost never project injuries, and am often perhaps too rosy about guys who are already injured. But Gronk is just different to me. I also think he'll start losing snaps in an effort to keep him healthy for the playoffs. Especially as OJ Howard gets healthier. Gronk is a guy I'd be trying my damndest to sell high right now. 

Thanks for posting these. Very solid ranks all around. Some thoughts:

1) I think you have Herbert too low. And as a Dak owner, I would love if he finished this high but I just don't see it this year. They seem to be leaning more on the run (to much better results than last year), Pollard is heavily mixed in with Zeke. And the biggest concern I have for him is what appears to be the greatly improved Dallas D. I feel the horrible Dallas defense was kind of baked into his ADP this year, and if we aren't going to see those shootouts, he's going to have a very tough time returning value based on ADP.

2) With the torrid pace Brady is on, Gronk has to be higher given the flotsam at TE. 

3) I think Cupp is a bit too low and Woods too high. The Stafford-Cupp bromance is for real, and it's going to come at Bobby Tree's expense all season. 

I’d like you to go deeper, like where would you put the rookie QBs? I think Lawrence and Lance could (emphasis) be ahead of Jones and darnold   
My next 10 would be:

16. Burrow

17. Fields

18. Cousins

19. Tua

20. Lawrence

21. Ryan

22. Roethlisberger

23. Mac

24. Goff

25. Teddy

The 2 toughest omissions are Taysom Hill and Trey Lance, and they are simply because I have no idea if either will actually start. NO and SF are both 2-1, and may not be willing to rock the boat, unless the losses start to pile up. If they did get in the lineup, I'd have Hill up by Hurts/Rodgers, and Lance between Fields/Cousins. But at the moment Hill and Lance mostly exist to prevent me from having any interest in Winston or Garoppolo.

Cordelle Patterson, RB/WR seems to be climbing the ranks somewhere. Perhaps put your best Flex out there?
He's right on the cusp of both RB/WR lists. I just want to see more to trust it. Part of me thinks when Ridley/Pitts start to get going, its coming out of Patterson's workload more than anything else. But he could very well be a guy I'm letting previous history color my bias too much.

Thanks for posting this travdogg.

I think Kirk Cousins should be ranked higher than Sam Darnold at least.
I think Darnold's rushing production gives him a slightly higher ceiling. I also think Cousins TD rate is unsustainable, as is the Vikings only having 1 rush TD through 3 games. 

Cordelle Patterson, RB/WR seems to be climbing the ranks somewhere. Perhaps put your best Flex out there?

He's right on the cusp of both RB/WR lists. I just want to see more to trust it. Part of me thinks when Ridley/Pitts start to get going, its coming out of Patterson's workload more than anything else. But he could very well be a guy I'm letting previous history color my bias too much.
I have felt the same way with previous history and bias regarding Cordelle Patterson. I added him because his numbers seem adequate to Flex or as a bye week fill in and now he's showing up on FBG's rankings this week and moving forward as a legitimate starter in many places since he has the RB/WR tag. More versatility is another key. He could get plugged in as a WR 3 or Flex or even has a RB 2. Feeling more confident each week. 

Add edit: Another positive is Yahoo sports hasn't caught up with his projection numbers and good time to trade for him. I'm dangling a trade for another league before the bias from the past moves to what's happening now.

Hey @travdogg appreciate you posting this & engaging with the board to defend some of these.

I’m curious how Jeudy gets to WR28 when he is out 6-8 weeks (minimum)?
I haven't heard 6-8 weeks minimum. I heard 4-6 weeks, which puts him at week 6 or so. This is also a YMMV pick. I think he's a better fit for Teddy than Sutton is and if healthy reassumes #1 WR duties soon after he returns. In Leagues that don't have IR spots, I think he's a great stash right now, especially for people who have either a 3-0 or 2-1 record, and are mostly healthy.

ATB said:
Terry McLaurin wayyyyyy too low. Below Diontae and Hollywood? Realistically, he should be top-15 at the very least. 
Talent wise, I 100% agree. I have major questions about his QB situation, he has a decent floor, but has only really been used heavily against the Giants, and now Curtis Samuel will be coming back. 

I want to have him higher, but I need to see some ceiling. Atlanta is a nice matchup this week. If it doesn't happen now, I think he's a low-end WR2. 

Johnny Utah #9 said:
1) I think you have Herbert too low. And as a Dak owner, I would love if he finished this high but I just don't see it this year.
I agree - for one, DAL is playing better defense, and for another, Dak isn't running. At all. And I don't see him getting the RuTDs he had last year either - I see Dallas leaning on the RBs in short yardage, goal to go situations. He'll still get some of those short PaTD, but his ceiling was definitely bolstered by the vulture TDs on QB rollouts, and I'm not expecting much of that this year. I have him around 8. 

Speaking of 8, I also don't see Hurts being a top 10 QB this year. He looked truly horrible this week, he still doesn't have enough weapons, and he doesn't seem to make check-downs even if they did. He looks at his 1st read & takes off running if it's not open. Also, the OL took another big hit against DAL.

IMO Hurts may not crack top 12 when all's said & done.

OP you're criminally low on Gronk, Mike Williams. Gronk is a top 5 TE going forward, Mike Williams is a top 5 WR going forward.

K. Pitts at TE 5?! that's just comical. guy has about 4 catches on the season, he's a top 5 TE? he's on pace for about 28 recs on the year. Gronk's on pace for about 80-90 recs. he didn't fluke his way up. ranking him at TE 14 is just bad.

Gally said:
You are forgetting about the inevitable 3 INT games that are coming when he kills momentum with all 3 INT's in the endzone on terrible decisions.  It's coming once you get lulled into thinking he is over that. 
I was just reading about how Cousins is close to setting a record for passes since he threw an interception set in 2001.

So yeah I am sure he will throw one at some point but it's been a long time since he did.

I do remember the Falcons game last year being bad.

I agree - for one, DAL is playing better defense, and for another, Dak isn't running. At all. And I don't see him getting the RuTDs he had last year either - I see Dallas leaning on the RBs in short yardage, goal to go situations. He'll still get some of those short PaTD, but his ceiling was definitely bolstered by the vulture TDs on QB rollouts, and I'm not expecting much of that this year. I have him around 8. 

Speaking of 8, I also don't see Hurts being a top 10 QB this year. He looked truly horrible this week, he still doesn't have enough weapons, and he doesn't seem to make check-downs even if they did. He looks at his 1st read & takes off running if it's not open. Also, the OL took another big hit against DAL.

IMO Hurts may not crack top 12 when all's said & done.
In Hurts case, he's currently QB4 in points. I do agree he's not a great NFL QB,  but his situation is great in my opinion. He's got a very bankable rushing floor, and should have multiple weeks with garbage time. At the same time, he has a good amount of job security. I can't imagine benching him for Flacco under any circumstances, Minshew maybe, but he has to win the #2 job first. Its ugly, and there is some risk, but I think Hurts is being underrated. He's going to have a lot of weeks where he'll have 10+ points without throwing a single pass.

Talent wise, I 100% agree. I have major questions about his QB situation, he has a decent floor, but has only really been used heavily against the Giants, and now Curtis Samuel will be coming back. 

I want to have him higher, but I need to see some ceiling. Atlanta is a nice matchup this week. If it doesn't happen now, I think he's a low-end WR2. 
IMO, Samuel's return opens up things for McLaurin. Until now, he's been the only dog on the field and good defenses could cue on him (like the Bills did). I think from here on out, he should be relatively back-to-form and shouldn't have down weeks as long as he has a decent WR2 to keep corners honest. 

IMO, Samuel's return opens up things for McLaurin. Until now, he's been the only dog on the field and good defenses could cue on him (like the Bills did). I think from here on out, he should be relatively back-to-form and shouldn't have down weeks as long as he has a decent WR2 to keep corners honest. 
I hope you are right, I'm a huge McLaurin fan. But the fact he's basically been uninvolved until garbage time in 2 of 3 weeks has my a little skittish on him. 

OP you're criminally low on Gronk, Mike Williams. Gronk is a top 5 TE going forward, Mike Williams is a top 5 WR going forward.

K. Pitts at TE 5?! that's just comical. guy has about 4 catches on the season, he's a top 5 TE? he's on pace for about 28 recs on the year. Gronk's on pace for about 80-90 recs. he didn't fluke his way up. ranking him at TE 14 is just bad.
Travdogg gave his reasoning for Gronk at 14.  I don't agree with it, but he is envisioning a different scenario for Gronk.  It's a ROS projection and not what's happened the last 3 weeks. 

In Hurts case, he's currently QB4 in points. I do agree he's not a great NFL QB,  but his situation is great in my opinion. He's got a very bankable rushing floor, and should have multiple weeks with garbage time. At the same time, he has a good amount of job security. I can't imagine benching him for Flacco under any circumstances, Minshew maybe, but he has to win the #2 job first. Its ugly, and there is some risk, but I think Hurts is being underrated. He's going to have a lot of weeks where he'll have 10+ points without throwing a single pass.
Yes, but you’re talking ROS, and Hurts warts are starting to show. Dallas exposed him significantly, and Dallas isn’t a great defense. 

but take away Hurts 1st read & he takes off. If you’ve got a spy on him, he’s toast. And the OL looks worse & worse. 

ROS & don’t like his ceiling or floor. I could be wrong. 

travdogg said:
5. Honestly yes. 5,000 yards and 40 TD's is about QB6 these days. Brady had 4600-40 last year and was QB8, and that was in a year where Lamar Jackson wasn't himself, and Dak Prescott was injured. 

If Brady doesn't get hurt, I think he is a virtual lock to break the TD record (56). It's the kind of thing that I think is important to him. He needs to average 3.3 TDs per game to do it.

In fact, I expect him to break it in 16 games.

Given this expectation, I think he will definitely be higher than QB6. I understand that many won't agree with that.

Users who are viewing this thread