What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Setting rosters question (1 Viewer)

wgoldsph

Footballguy
So I found out tonight before the jax/cin game that my roster didn't set correctly before the game started, leaving my team without a te for the week and with a much worse WR.  Within ten minutes of the game starting, before any of my players were involved in the game, I sent both the league and my commish a message alerting them to this.

My question is how would you react to this as a commish?  How would you feel if the person playing you was in this spot?  Or just a random league mate?  The start is the start and that's it or mistakes happen?  Personally I'm fine with either, it was my mistake, but I wanted to see what the group thought.

If I were a leaguemate I would have no problem with it.

If I were the commish I would probably allow it.

However I do recognize that a commish may not want to allow it just because it would then open up that can of worms and it may be a headache down the road when other people ask for similar treatment on a less clear-cut  issue.  From a commish sanity standpoint the easiest thing is certainly just to adhere to the rules and not make exceptions so you never have to worry about people getting upset over some exceptions being granted while others are not.

Absolutely not. Sorry, that’s just setting a bad example 

As a commish, the only way I would allow it is if your opponent said it was okay.
These two, no way would I do it without the opponent's consent on the league message board.  I would let everyone know when the site decides to lock players for the game that's when players lock, just because kickoff is always a couple minutes late doesn't mean you have extra time to set your lineup.

As a commish it’s not my problem. Thur night games are not new. 

out of curiosity who did you want to start or bench? There’s no TEs that matter. Boyd at WR? You can’t replace from your roster or FA pool? 

As a commish it’s not my problem. Thur night games are not new. 

out of curiosity who did you want to start or bench? There’s no TEs that matter. Boyd at WR? You can’t replace from your roster or FA pool? 
It's an extremely deep 16 team league with a hard salary and player cap.  I'm probably going to end up starting Meyers at WR and nobody at te.

So I found out tonight before the jax/cin game that my roster didn't set correctly before the game started, leaving my team without a te for the week and with a much worse WR.  Within ten minutes of the game starting, before any of my players were involved in the game, I sent both the league and my commish a message alerting them to this.

My question is how would you react to this as a commish?  How would you feel if the person playing you was in this spot?  Or just a random league mate?  The start is the start and that's it or mistakes happen?  Personally I'm fine with either, it was my mistake, but I wanted to see what the group thought.
Be a leader not a follower. Don’t ask questions. Answer them. 

My question is how would you react to this as a commish?
If I read correctly, you found out before the game started.

If lineups can be adjusted up to when the players' games start. I would say this is on you to verify your lineup is correct before the games and not allow any change.

If lineups cannot be adjusted up to when the players' games start. I would propose a rule and/or host change. If the rules are clearly stated (even if they're bad), then no lineup change. If not clear then a vote for this situation and an immediate rule clarification by the league (unless the commish has the power to do this on his own). 

My league host allows these changes until kick-off so it's hard to envision a scenario where someone is capable of emailing me (commish) to alert me of the problem yet simultaneously somehow unable to fix it themselves. If there was some reasonable, hypothetical situation like that and I had time-stamped communication of what they wanted their line-up to be, I would have no problem going in and editing their line-up and the people in my league would have no problem with me doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread