What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Johnson & Johnson Employee Caught Denouncing COVID19 Vaccine For Children (10/1/21 04:24 PST) (1 Viewer)

GordonGekko

Footballguy
VIDEO: Johnson & Johnson: 'Kids Shouldn’t Get A (EXPLETIVE) [COVID] Vaccine;' There are "Unknown Repercussions" Sep 27, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNIj83XNNeE

Highlights (or low lights) :

- If you don't take the vaccine, you'll be treated like a 2nd class/grade citizen

- Implied the only way you can force people to take the vaccine is to take away their ability to work

- Don't trust anything that the MSM says about the vaccine

- Don't take the Johnson & Johnson version of the vaccine. Period

- Kids shouldn't have to get the vaccine

- The long term "repercussions" of giving the vaccine is unknown. There are no studies that can cover a 30 year impact.

- If someone "bad" happens from the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, the public won't hear it.

- In the age of Identity Politics and Intersectionality, a black man is seen laughing about the open pathway, in his words, of creating a 2nd class citizen. Given the full sordid and brutal history of the United States Government and African Americans, one would think he would be the most ardent against the creation of a new persecuted class of citizens.

Basic questions for discussion:

Should children take the COVID19 vaccine? Why or why not?

What data and results are Johnson & Johnson, Moderna and Pfizer not revealing to the public? Do you believe they are operating with true transparency? Does the public have a right to full transparency here?

Should there be a new "class system" in the United States dividing those who are vaccinated and those who are not?

Discuss

CONTEXTUAL MATERIAL:

( Both subjects in the video have their basic resumes/Linkin profiles up and accessible to the general public via basic internet search)

Brandon Schadt, Regional Deliver Operations at Johnson & Johnson

https://www.linkedin.com/in/brandon-schadt-48577053?trk=public_profile_browsemap

Justin Durrant, Scholar/Researcher and Owner of Spore Labs

https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-durrant-861324120

DIRECT HEADLINE: Slovenia suspends Johnson vaccine over death of 20-year-old

Official says woman’s death was the second serious case of adverse effects but reassures benefits outweigh risks.

Al Jazeera 29 Sep 2021

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/9/29/slovenia-suspends-johnson-vaccine-over-death-of-20-year-old

DIRECT HEADLINE: How Pfizer, Moderna & J&J are testing their vaccines in children

Katie Adams - Monday, July 5th, 2021

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/pharmacy/how-pfizer-moderna-j-j-are-testing-their-vaccines-in-children.html

DIRECT HEADLINE: Johnson & Johnson has planned trials of its vaccine that will include infants.

So far, there is only limited data on the safety of the vaccines in pregnant women and some other groups. Johnson & Johnson plans to test its coronavirus vaccine in infants and even in newborns, as well as in pregnant women and in people who have compromised immune systems.

By Gina Kolata  April 1, 2021

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/28/world/johnson-and-johnson-vaccine-testing-children.html

DIRECT HEADLINE: U.S. parents weigh risks, benefits as COVID-19 vaccine for kids nears approval

By Joseph Ax and Sharon Bernstein September 22, 2021

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-parents-weigh-risks-benefits-covid-19-vaccine-kids-nears-approval-2021-09-22/

Some (very concerned) parents have expressed (their) hesitancy about the (COVID19) vaccine for their (own) young children, citing the (complete) lack of large-scale studies and long-term data on its (health) effects on that population. There are (roughly estimated) around 29 million U.S. children ages 5 to 11...

About four in 10 parents of (previously discussed) children ages 5 to 11 said they would (definitely) "wait and see" how the vaccine worked (or did not work) before giving it to their (own) kids....One-quarter ( of these polled parents) said they would "definitely not" get their (own) children vaccinated (for COVID19), while another quarter ( of the same group) said they would do so "right away."

The mass firings have started.   The Democrats have figured out how to use corporate America as their surrogates for their dirty work.  Censorship, taking away rights to work and travel and even eat in restaurants.  Never waste a good crisis.  The true character of the left is showing.  How is this different than fascism?   Democrats just haven't figured out how to lock up people yet for disobeying.  

The assumption is most people who get discriminated against by all these dacorian policies will be white Trump supporters..  What happens when it turns out most of these people who get fired for not taking vaccinations are minorities?  

The assumption is most people who get discriminated against by all these dacorian policies will be white Trump supporters..  What happens when it turns out most of these people who get fired for not taking vaccinations are minorities?  
It disproves years of your "anti-white, anti-Trump" conspiracy nonsense and proves that SOME people really do care about the best interests of the country?

This country has had gas rationing, food (and other staples) rationing, drafts, and many other instances where people were asked to do things they didn't want to do for the good of America. Each time, people have rallied to fulfill their duties. This is the first time in my memory that a significant portion of the country have claimed that refusing to do something that will be beneficial to their neighbors, family, friends and country (not to mention themselves) somehow makes them "patriots".

It disproves years of your "anti-white, anti-Trump" conspiracy nonsense and proves that SOME people really do care about the best interests of the country?

This country has had gas rationing, food (and other staples) rationing, drafts, and many other instances where people were asked to do things they didn't want to do for the good of America. Each time, people have rallied to fulfill their duties. This is the first time in my memory that a significant portion of the country have claimed that refusing to do something that will be beneficial to their neighbors, family, friends and country (not to mention themselves) somehow makes them "patriots".

You really don't see an anti-white anti-Trump agenda?  Lol, that is rich. 

You really don't see an anti-white anti-Trump agenda?  Lol, that is rich. 
By your own admission, "most of these people who get fired for not taking vaccinations are minorities". Doesn't sound like an anti-white agenda to me.  Sounds like an anti-virus agenda. You're free to argue that the Democrats/Libs are violating the rights of viruses in violation of the Constitution all you want, but it's a pretty tough sell.  As for Trump, as I've said before, when people do bad things, standing up to oppose them is a pro-American thing. Time was that "Patriots" would applaud standing up for what's right and would shout "This is a nation of laws, not of men!"  and "Our forefathers weren't afraid to sacrifice for our country, why are you?" I'm not sure when exactly that changed to "My guy can do whatever he wants no matter what the law says and don't you dare criticize him for it!" 

By your own admission, "most of these people who get fired for not taking vaccinations are minorities". Doesn't sound like an anti-white agenda to me.  Sounds like an anti-virus agenda. You're free to argue that the Democrats/Libs are violating the rights of viruses in violation of the Constitution all you want, but it's a pretty tough sell.  As for Trump, as I've said before, when people do bad things, standing up to oppose them is a pro-American thing. Time was that "Patriots" would applaud standing up for what's right and would shout "This is a nation of laws, not of men!"  and "Our forefathers weren't afraid to sacrifice for our country, why are you?" I'm not sure when exactly that changed to "My guy can do whatever he wants no matter what the law says and don't you dare criticize him for it!" 

I did not admit anything.  Just what I expect the unintended consequences will be.  

Uhm...if that is the case it by no way means that their isn't an Anti-Trump agenda.  That's absurd.  It's as plain as day.

I did not admit anything.  Just what I expect the unintended consequences will be.  
It's amazing that you can recognize what the consequences will be yet you think that nobody pushing vaccine mandates is intelligent enough to do the same. Of course, that's par for the course with conspiracy theorists--they always believe that they are the only ones smart enough to see "the truth".

Uhm...if that is the case it by no way means that their isn't an Anti-Trump agenda.  That's absurd.  It's as plain as day.
If there was really an "anti-Trump" agenda related to vaccines, those awful Libs would be sitting back, laughing, winking and hoping that even more Trump supporters would refuse vaccines and pay the price. Instead, they're out there trying to save the lives of those people.

It's amazing that you can recognize what the consequences will be yet you think that nobody pushing vaccine mandates is intelligent enough to do the same. Of course, that's par for the course with conspiracy theorists--they always believe that they are the only ones smart enough to see "the truth".

Their hatred for Trumo voters blinds them.  It never fails that their policies have unintended consequences, but yet they keep doing stupid things. 

Their hatred for Trumo voters blinds them.  It never fails that their policies have unintended consequences, but yet they keep doing stupid things. 
You just proved Palmer's point.  Apparently you are one of the few smart enough who can see "the truth".  

I'm really unclear what this video is trying to accomplish.

It's random conversation with a logistics person at J&J and a person who does not appear to have any affiliation with J&J who has a undergraduate degree only in Bio from Kean University, which I've never heard of. I just looked Kean up, it's TIED for 126th of Universities in the Regional North group. So, it's not exactly a top end school.

So, as far as I can tell, these are just two guys who have some hesitancy about vaxing kids. Okay, so what? What exactly is that supposed to prove or expose? It feels like just another straw to grasp at for the folks who are anti-vax no matter what.

I mean, they keep referring to Justin Durrant as "Scientist at Johnson and Johnson" but he doesn't work there per LinkedIn and referring to a guy who has only a bachelor's degree and then work experience as a Pharmacy Technician and Lab Assistant/Technician and Self Employed feels like a huge stretch.

It's random conversation with a logistics person at J&J and a person who does not appear to have any affiliation with J&J who has a undergraduate degree only in Bio from Kean University, which I've never heard of. I just looked Kean up, it's TIED for 126th of Universities in the Regional North group. So, it's not exactly a top end school.

So, as far as I can tell, these are just two guys who have some hesitancy about vaxing kids. Okay, so what? What exactly is that supposed to prove or expose? It feels like just another straw to grasp at for the folks who are anti-vax no matter what.

I really don't care who they are.  But the testing of long term benefits and impact to the so-called vaccine (which it technically is not) are not known.  It is food to make them available and do seem to provide benefit on a short term basis to certain groups of people.  It may not offer any benefits to the new strains of the virus.  It was rushed through the approval process and just being approved is questionable. To mandate it at this point us absurd and to fire people because of it should be illegal.  

All that is done is to attack the messenger, and to ignore legitimate concerns that are brought up, even if you do make a legitimate point about their credentials.  

Last edited by a moderator:
The majority of states in this country are 'right to work' states, where you can be fired for ANY cause. So, refusing a vaccination falls into the "any" category.

I personally think it SHOULD be mandated. There are mountains of evidence at this point showing that whatever risks remain with the vaccines, they are far, far smaller than the risks that exist with Covid.

The majority of states in this country are 'right to work' states, where you can be fired for ANY cause. So, refusing a vaccination falls into the "any" category.

I personally think it SHOULD be mandated. There are mountains of evidence at this point showing that whatever risks remain with the vaccines, they are far, far smaller than the risks that exist with Covid.

Being legal and being the right thing to do are not always the same thing.  There is not mountains of evidence on these vaccines. 

Yeah, if most of the people who get fired are minorities, it is hard to argue this is an "anti-white" agenda. 

I mean, they keep referring to Justin Durrant as "Scientist at Johnson and Johnson" but he doesn't work there per LinkedIn and referring to a guy who has only a bachelor's degree and then work experience as a Pharmacy Technician and Lab Assistant/Technician and Self Employed feels like a huge stretch.
It's Project Veritas.   Really nothing more that needs to be said.

It's Project Veritas.   Really nothing more that needs to be said.

I didn't click on the video link.  

So it is from Project Veritas?   :lol:  

Project Veritas is known for putting out deceptively edited videos and always refusing to release the complete unedited footage that they filmed. Nothing that they release can be trusted.

I posted the Linkin profiles for full context so people could make their own assessment.

It's unclear what role Durrant plays or played at J&J. He could have been a contractor, he could have worked somewhere that listed him as a contractor under their umbrella, maybe he was fired from somewhere and didn't list it on his Linkin profile or omitted it for another reason.

Matt Walsh was a low level employee for the Patriots. Did his sparse credentials and resume stop him from being the center of controversy in SpyGate?

You want to attack Durrant's credentials but are refusing to see these are two insiders to some varying degree.

There is not really a public candid discussion from internal employee(s) of these Big Three pharma companies during the pandemic timeline, so this is all more than interesting. Well, it is to me. It doesn't have to be for you. But Thank You for attempting to silence me.

Schadt has worked for J&J for THIRTEEN YEARS. I would say it's safe bet he has some idea of the internal work culture/internal politics culture there.

I consider it a big deal that a long standing internal employee of one of the Big Three pharma companies involved in the vaccine is basically saying don't believe anything the MSM tells you, that kids shouldn't take the vaccine and indicates the long term possible risks of the vaccine.

A larger overall problem is there is clearly only one type of "acceptable narrative"  regarding the vaccine lest people be doxxed, demonetized, vilified and have their livelihoods threatened.

Part of actual freedom is the ability to say things that others might disagree with and not fear widespread impactful punitive action against you for it.  So if that no longer becomes true, what does that say about the presence or absence of actual freedom overall?

I am not Malcolm Reynolds, but you can't stop the signal. What's "accomplished" is actual discussion. Diversity of thought. Diversity of opinion. Defiance of "group think". Defense of free speech. The practice of actual freedom.

I posted the Linkin profiles for full context so people could make their own assessment.

It's unclear what role Durrant plays or played at J&J. He could have been a contractor, he could have worked somewhere that listed him as a contractor under their umbrella, maybe he was fired from somewhere and didn't list it on his Linkin profile or omitted it for another reason.

Matt Walsh was a low level employee for the Patriots. Did his sparse credentials and resume stop him from being the center of controversy in SpyGate?

You want to attack Durrant's credentials but are refusing to see these are two insiders to some varying degree.

There is not really a public candid discussion from internal employee(s) of these Big Three pharma companies during the pandemic timeline, so this is all more than interesting. Well, it is to me. It doesn't have to be for you. But Thank You for attempting to silence me.

Schadt has worked for J&J for THIRTEEN YEARS. I would say it's safe bet he has some idea of the internal work culture/internal politics culture there.

I consider it a big deal that a long standing internal employee of one of the Big Three pharma companies involved in the vaccine is basically saying don't believe anything the MSM tells you, that kids shouldn't take the vaccine and indicates the long term possible risks of the vaccine.

A larger overall problem is there is clearly only one type of "acceptable narrative"  regarding the vaccine lest people be doxxed, demonetized, vilified and have their livelihoods threatened.

Part of actual freedom is the ability to say things that others might disagree with and not fear widespread impactful punitive action against you for it.  So if that no longer becomes true, what does that say about the presence or absence of actual freedom overall?

I am not Malcolm Reynolds, but you can't stop the signal. What's "accomplished" is actual discussion. Diversity of thought. Diversity of opinion. Defiance of "group think". Defense of free speech. The practice of actual freedom.
So basically you're saying anyone can say anything.  If it sticks against the wall for some people, then so be it.

Being legal and being the right thing to do are not always the same thing.  There is not mountains of evidence on these vaccines. 
There have been 6.2 BILLION doses of Covid vaccine administered worldwide. Only 2.3 billion people have caught Covid (that we know of).

4.5 million people have died from Covid. How many have died from the vaccines?

If you think the vaccines are more dangerous than Covid, you are willfully burying your head in the sand. It is cut and dry and the debate is settled.

I don't really see how a poster expressing their opinion is "attempting to silence you".

There have been 6.2 BILLION doses of Covid vaccine administered worldwide. Only 2.3 billion people have caught Covid (that we know of).

4.5 million people have died from Covid. How many have died from the vaccines?

If you think the vaccines are more dangerous than Covid, you are willfully burying your head in the sand. It is cut and dry and the debate is settled.

I never even remotely made the claim vaccines are more dangerous or even suggested that.  That is why censorship is so dangerous.  You completely mischaracterize the argument so you can cancel that.  But yet you get likes by like-minded posters who don't care if you lied.  There are good legitimate arguments to be made which question these blanket totalitarian mandates of these vaccines but debate is muted by censorship.  The left's love affair with their new censorship power is the most dangerous threat against our freedoms.   Real liberals should be raising this flag, but I am not seeing it except by a few like Bill Maher.  

Years ago, one of the partners in my law firm ran for judge. The receptionist in our office used her Facebook account to attack his ability, character and ethics and to urge people not to vote for him.  All of her claims were false and baseless, and were probably generated by the refusal to give her the raise she wanted. Under this analysis, though, she was an "insider" whose ramblings and allegations should have been taken seriously.  Sorry, no.

Freedom does not mean immunity from the consequences for what you say. That has never been the standard Constitutionally or practically.  He who calls the tune pays the piper.

Being legal and being the right thing to do are not always the same thing
I find this statement endlessly fascinating coming from you considering it’s the exact opposite argument you used with your boy Kyle and his shootings.  My whole argument was about what the right thing for him to do vs of the legality ( and ultimately his self defense argument).  You?  You leaded (still do I assume) hard into the legality angle.  Funny how that works.  🤔

I find this statement endlessly fascinating coming from you considering it’s the exact opposite argument you used with your boy Kyle and his shootings.  My whole argument was about what the right thing for him to do vs of the legality ( and ultimately his self defense argument).  You?  You leaded (still do I assume) hard into the legality angle.  Funny how that works.  🤔

It is the same argument.  You have an odd memory.  I never said he was right in what he did.  But it was clearly legal and justified inder the law and it is nothing but a malicious prosecution by the blood sucking liberals who think conservatives are subhuman and do not deserve equal treatment under the law.

It is the same argument.  You have an odd memory.  I never said he was right in what he did.  But it was clearly legal and justified inder the law and it is nothing but a malicious prosecution by the blood sucking liberals who think conservatives are subhuman and do not deserve equal treatment under the law.
Exactly, you’re making my point.  And as the law stands right now at will employment is the law.  So I’d expect you to defend the at will and thus the ability of a employer to fire their employees for the vaccine mandate with the same fervor you defend Kyle.  

Exactly, you’re making my point.  And as the law stands right now at will employment is the law.  So I’d expect you to defend the at will and thus the ability of a employer to fire their employees for the vaccine mandate with the same fervor you defend Kyle.  

Why?  I believe self-defense laws are good and just.  Kyle should not have taking a gun to a rally.  But he is 100 percent right to use self-defense to defend himself against the thug who attacked him and the resulting mob.  I do not believe in using the right to work laws to fire people based on some political ogenda.  I find people disgusting who use laws to abuse people's rights.   And these days, that is mostly Democrats.  

I do not believe in using the right to work laws to fire people based on some political ogenda.  I find people disgusting who use laws to abuse people's rights.   And these days, that is mostly Democrats.  
Right to work laws don’t have anything to do with at will employment. And at will employment is based on the general principle that two parties can choose to enter into a contractual arrangement (employment) and similarly each can choose to end that contractual arrangement. Surely you believe that an employee should be free to quit a job if he or she objects to the employer’s behavior, no? In most jurisdictions, that same principle applies to an employer’s rights, except with respect to a limited number of statutorily prescribed classes. Now if you want to advocate for laws that make it illegal for employers to fire their employees for political reasons, we can certainly have that discussion. You’d be siding with mostly liberals on that one, though. (I believe California and Washington, D.C. are the only jurisdictions with those laws. Efforts to enact employment protections along these lines are generally opposed by conservative legislators.)

Why?  I believe self-defense laws are good and just.  Kyle should not have taking a gun to a rally.  But he is 100 percent right to use self-defense to defend himself against the thug who attacked him and the resulting mob.  I do not believe in using the right to work laws to fire people based on some political ogenda.  I find people disgusting who use laws to abuse people's rights.   And these days, that is mostly Democrats.  
Got it.  So you’re all about the law and rule of it as long as it agrees with your opinion. Sounds about right

Right to work laws don’t have anything to do with at will employment. And at will employment is based on the general principle that two parties can choose to enter into a contractual arrangement (employment) and similarly each can choose to end that contractual arrangement. Surely you believe that an employee should be free to quit a job if he or she objects to the employer’s behavior, no? In most jurisdictions, that same principle applies to an employer’s rights, except with respect to a limited number of statutorily prescribed classes. Now if you want to advocate for laws that make it illegal for employers to fire their employees for political reasons, we can certainly have that discussion. You’d be siding with mostly liberals on that one, though. (I believe California and Washington, D.C. are the only jurisdictions with those laws. Efforts to enact employment protections along these lines are generally opposed by conservative legislators.)

No, I don't believe people should be able to fire people based on a political or religious issue.  

Got it.  So you’re all about the law and rule of it as long as it agrees with your opinion. Sounds about right

I think there are laws which are unjustly used and need to be fixed.  I think unequally applying laws is wrong.  I think politicians finding ways to subvert our Constitution by using corporate surrogates to make quasi laws to advance a political agenda is wrong.  And that applies to laws to the left and the right and agendas I agree with. So stop putting words and motives in my mouth.  I don't support how the right in Texas is advancing the pro-life agenda.  I don't support how the left is eliminating free speech using big tech. And I don't support how the left is coercing people to get this vaccine.  I don't support how the left is attacking self-defense laws with their malicious prosecutions.  

I think there are laws which are unjustly used and need to be fixed.  I think unequally applying laws is wrong.  I think politicians finding ways to subvert our Constitution by using corporate surrogates to make quasi laws to advance a political agenda is wrong.  And that applies to laws to the left and the right and agendas I agree with. So stop putting words and motives in my mouth.  I don't support how the right in Texas is advancing the pro-life agenda.  I don't support how the left is eliminating free speech using big tech. And I don't support how the left is coercing people to get this vaccine.  I don't support how the left is attacking self-defense laws with their malicious prosecutions.  
I’m not putting words in your mouth, I’m summarizing your position.  I asked for it and got it.  You’re not about the rule of law, you’re about supporting the laws you agree with and the “right thing to do” only matters when it’s a law you don’t agree with.  🤷🏻‍♂️  

I never even remotely made the claim vaccines are more dangerous or even suggested that.  That is why censorship is so dangerous.  You completely mischaracterize the argument so you can cancel that.  But yet you get likes by like-minded posters who don't care if you lied.  There are good legitimate arguments to be made which question these blanket totalitarian mandates of these vaccines but debate is muted by censorship.  The left's love affair with their new censorship power is the most dangerous threat against our freedoms.   Real liberals should be raising this flag, but I am not seeing it except by a few like Bill Maher.  

Censorship? I said there was mountains of evidence, you questioned that, and I quickly demonstrated that we have more real world evidence about how the vaccines are generating better outcomes than Covid infections are. I'm not sure how I'm censoring you, or how I'm mischaracterizing your argument? Are you saying that yes, it is safer for people to be vaccinated than for them to forgo vaccination? You agree on that, but think it isn't morally correct to dictate that the populace be required to get vaccinated? If that is your argument, I'm happy to address it.

This isn't a seatbelt situation. Mind you, the vast majority of this country doesn't think that seatbelt laws are tyranny, but if someone doesn't wear a seatbelt, they're really only putting themselves at risk, right? Yes, you may have some indirect impacts, like more people not wearing seatbelts results in more overall auto-crash deaths, which results in higher insurance premiums that people have to pay... but for the most part, you not wearing a seatbelt has minimal impact on me. Now Covid, you not being vaccinated, it DOES directly impact me. That is another transmission vector that I have to dodge in the effort to keep myself healthy. That is another variant incubator that might be where the virus mutates yet again into a newer, worse form. For me, morally and ethically, a vaccine mandate is in the same boat as drunk driving laws. Not only are the unvaccinated endangering themselves, they're endangering everyone else.

If you think that's wrong, please explain why. Thanks. Also, if you want to actually debate this, do so. I have no intention of mischaracterizing you or trying to cancel your opinion. I actually want to understand your opinion, because in my mind, when you weigh the pros and cons of a mandate, the scales tip heavily in favor of it. I'm not infallible though, so let's hear why you think the opposite is the case.

To zero in on one item there that I think about is extra fascinating is the big tech comment.

Take Twitter banning Trump. Trump is free to say whatever he wants, just not on Twitter. So, in theory, his free speech is not impinged upon... that's the argument. What I find fascinating is comparing that to a baker not wanting to make the wedding cake for a gay marriage. The gay couple are free to get a cake somewhere else, so really, their right to buy a product isn't impinged upon. It's the ~90% same thing, and depending on which one of the two we're talking about, most people are arguing the opposite side of it. Yes, now with Trump there are larger issues, if he's posting health misinformation or literal calls to treason. But, if you ignore that, it's almost the same issue.

My personal take on this is down at the root question: is a company obligated to serve all customers? And that is tricky question, if you say YES, then Twitter shouldn't ban Trump and that baker better make the gayest rainbowiest cake of all time for that couple. And if you say NO, then, can a restaurant decide to be "whites only"? I don't like either of those outcomes, and I suspect most wouldn't... so we've got a gray area issue, and where do you draw the line? Wherever you draw it, some people will be upset. Where is the morally correct point to draw that line? I honestly do not know. Which is why I find that topic fascinating.

Fellas, you are not censored or silienced or cancelled. You can reply to this thread. I tried to answer your thoughts/questions/points. :shrug:

To zero in on one item there that I think about is extra fascinating is the big tech comment.

Take Twitter banning Trump. Trump is free to say whatever he wants, just not on Twitter. So, in theory, his free speech is not impinged upon... that's the argument. What I find fascinating is comparing that to a baker not wanting to make the wedding cake for a gay marriage. The gay couple are free to get a cake somewhere else, so really, their right to buy a product isn't impinged upon. It's the ~90% same thing, and depending on which one of the two we're talking about, most people are arguing the opposite side of it. Yes, now with Trump there are larger issues, if he's posting health misinformation or literal calls to treason. But, if you ignore that, it's almost the same issue.

My personal take on this is down at the root question: is a company obligated to serve all customers? And that is tricky question, if you say YES, then Twitter shouldn't ban Trump and that baker better make the gayest rainbowiest cake of all time for that couple. And if you say NO, then, can a restaurant decide to be "whites only"? I don't like either of those outcomes, and I suspect most wouldn't... so we've got a gray area issue, and where do you draw the line? Wherever you draw it, some people will be upset. Where is the morally correct point to draw that line? I honestly do not know. Which is why I find that topic fascinating.
It's not grey at all.  The two issues are not remotely the same

DIRECT HEADLINE: Seattle mother who died from blood clots got J&J vaccine to be child's 'room mom'

The Washington State Department of Health (WSDH) confirmed she is the first blood clot death in the state after getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

by Kara Kostanich, Tuesday, October 5th 2021

https://kpic.com/news/local/king-county-woman-dies-from-blood-clots-after-getting-johnson-johnson-vaccine

No one here is saying taking the vaccines are more dangerous than getting COVID19. That's a cheap and lazy narrative to push.

There are inherent risks to taking the vaccine. There are inherent risks to taking ANY vaccine.

However if you talk about those risks in public, you will have some people try to doxx you, silence you, shout you down and try to get you fired from your job and/or career.

What no one wants to talk about is the basic math problem here. Let's use a rough number, there are about 75 million children in America. If you vaccinate them all, some are going to die. If you roll out large scale mass vaccinations, some people, including children, will react badly to it and die.  That's a functional reality of the situation. Now some will argue fewer will die from taking the vaccine than from COVID19. And that's a fair argument to be made in some cases.

But there is something troubling and disturbing about the issue that it can't be discussed in public without it triggering an immediate attack. It's not being "anti-vaxx" in most cases, it's usually people weighing out the risk versus reward in terms of the safety of their children.

You don't win hearts and minds by steam rolling over people. It will however silence dissent. Which is the point of all this. Silence dissent even if you have to steamroll over people to do it. It's not about hearts and minds and finding common ground, its about punitive action to demand compliance.

Completely different.  One case is a human or civil rights issue and the other isn't.  The baker that wouldn't make the cake for the gay couple tried to use freedom of religion to get around the Civil Rights Act.  But there have already been cases where Religious beliefs did not justify discrimination.

If Twitter was banning Trump because he was black, gay, or a Mormon, then the two cases would be similar.

DIRECT HEADLINE: Seattle mother who died from blood clots got J&J vaccine to be child's 'room mom'

The Washington State Department of Health (WSDH) confirmed she is the first blood clot death in the state after getting the Johnson & Johnson vaccine.

by Kara Kostanich, Tuesday, October 5th 2021

https://kpic.com/news/local/king-county-woman-dies-from-blood-clots-after-getting-johnson-johnson-vaccine

No one here is saying taking the vaccines are more dangerous than getting COVID19. That's a cheap and lazy narrative to push.

There are inherent risks to taking the vaccine. There are inherent risks to taking ANY vaccine.

However if you talk about those risks in public, you will have some people try to doxx you, silence you, shout you down and try to get you fired from your job and/or career.

What no one wants to talk about is the basic math problem here. Let's use a rough number, there are about 75 million children in America. If you vaccinate them all, some are going to die. If you roll out large scale mass vaccinations, some people, including children, will react badly to it and die.  That's a functional reality of the situation. Now some will argue fewer will die from taking the vaccine than from COVID19. And that's a fair argument to be made in some cases.

But there is something troubling and disturbing about the issue that it can't be discussed in public without it triggering an immediate attack. It's not being "anti-vaxx" in most cases, it's usually people weighing out the risk versus reward in terms of the safety of their children.

You don't win hearts and minds by steam rolling over people. It will however silence dissent. Which is the point of all this. Silence dissent even if you have to steamroll over people to do it. It's not about hearts and minds and finding common ground, its about punitive action to demand compliance.

I agree that the vaccination will not go great for 100% of the population. However, I don't think the numbers that it will have negative outcomes for come close to the negative outcome numbers generated by Covid. I think the disparity between those numbers is so high that it isn't worth debating, but I'm open to listening to those who feel differently. I have no problem with those who think differently and want to debate it though. :shrug:

So again, no one in here is threatening to doxx you, to silence you, to get you fired from your job and/or career. I'm saying, apples to apples, everyone being vaccinated would be significantly less harm overall than our present situation. You're shifting the goalposts to something else. I'm not in favor of not discussing things either. 

Completely different.  One case is a human or civil rights issue and the other isn't.  The baker that wouldn't make the cake for the gay couple tried to use freedom of religion to get around the Civil Rights Act.  But there have already been cases where Religious beliefs did not justify discrimination.

If Twitter was banning Trump because he was black, gay, or a Mormon, then the two cases would be similar.
Well, the issue is a business refusing to serve someone. I guess the distinction you're drawing is if the exclusion is based off who they are -vs- what they do. In which case, yes, that makes them different. People can't help the skin color they're born with or their sexual orientation, it is what it is. People can choose which actions they take. I guess that is where you can draw the line, but I still think it's slippery. Like, if Twitter decided to ban all people who previously registered as a Democrat in their lifetime. It's an action based denial of service, and one that I think most would think was discriminatory. Funny thing, that ban would still hit Trump lol.

Users who are viewing this thread