What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Most Electric Player All Time (1 Viewer)

I'd say Hester is a strong contender. Remember at a point teams would just kick out of bounds. They were deathly afraid of him. 

Gotta be Barry. Besides his play, I've always been astounded by his longevity. He never fell off. His 2k season was in his 9th year. How is that even possible?

Marshall Faulk was very electric, more so than Barry. Joe Montana was a maestro. 

Emmitt Smith

Priest Holmes had a cup of coffee as one of the most electric players ever.

defensively:

Charles Haley was so unstoppable. Lawrence Taylor. Reggie White. Ed Reed.

The Juice

FYP (capital 'J')

The younger set around here would really benefit from viewing video clips of those who set the stage for the stars of today, if they haven't already.

OJ Simpson was quite aptly nicknamed 'The Juice' and his O-Line 'The Electric Company'. Very worth taking a walk down memory lane.

Are we defining electric as a player that whenever he touches the ball there is a possibility of the play resulting in a touchdown or game altering play? If so I would submit the following candidates:

• Barry Sanders (winner 1A)
  • Deion Sanders (winner 1B)
  • Devin Hester
  • Randy Moss
  • Gale Sayers
  • Lawrence Taylor
  • Reggie White
  • Calvin Johnson
  • Jim Brown
  • Ladainian Tomlinson

Desmond Howard and Rocket Ismail deserve mention.  Barry, Bo, Deion, and Moss are my top four.  Forgetting someone probably.

Forgot Vick, duh.  Pete Warrick would have been on there, if he just could have juked his way outta the Dillard's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Desmond Howard and Rocket Ismail deserve mention.  Barry, Bo, Deion, and Moss are my top four.  Forgetting someone probably.

Forgot Vick, duh.  Pete Warrick would have been on there, if he just could have juked his way outta the Dillard's.
Vick!…great call. I would add him as well.

These are my vote also. I consider myself fortunate to have spent time outside of football with Deion and Randy. Amazing how different they are in a boat or just hanging out. 

I remember being down 40 with just Vick and he scored like 50. I’ll never forget that game.

but another vote for Bo Jackson
Fred Taylor had a Monday night game like that for me.  Was down big, he got four or five TD's for my win.

I would guess that Barry is the guy that the most people in this thread, and most of the football viewing public, would have on their short list.  There are other players who deservedly belong in the conversation, but Barry is the guy virtually (maybe literally) all of us think about.

He just made you hold your breath a little bit every time he touched the ball.

Users who are viewing this thread