What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Left’s endorsement of harassing those they disagree with - this will not end well (1 Viewer)

ekbeats

Footballguy
First Biden poo-poo’s the harassment of Kyrsten Sinema.  And now today it is Kirsten Powers of CNN:

Which is worse: your grandparents being deported or being followed into a bathroom (bc you refused to stop and listen) by ppl desperate for your help? This is not a trick question.

— Kirsten Powers (@KirstenPowers) October 4, 2021

This is such a disturbing trend.  Honestly I thought it was just a temporary phenomenon when Trump was in office, but it appears to be here to stay.  What say you?  Good tactic?  The end of civilized discourse?  How does it end if our President and our Media refuse to denounce it? 

First Biden poo-poo’s the harassment of Kyrsten Sinema.  And now today it is Kirsten Powers of CNN:

Which is worse: your grandparents being deported or being followed into a bathroom (bc you refused to stop and listen) by ppl desperate for your help? This is not a trick question.

This is such a disturbing trend.  Honestly I thought it was just a temporary phenomenon when Trump was in office, but it appears to be here to stay.  What say you?  Good tactic?  The end of civilized discourse?  How does it end if our President and our Media refuse to denounce it? 
Civil discourse is over.  It is going to get worse. 

• Sad
Reactions: JAA
According to Biden it’s “part of the process” to chase a woman into a bathroom and film it.  The Dems are going to get destroyed in the midterms.

The end of civilized discourse
This has long been dead.  Trumps election  proved that.  

*for clarification I’m not blaming Trump I’m saying he’s a result of it.  
100%

People spew hate these days.  Its really sad.  My observation is that people truly believe the only way they will be heard is if they scream and and go extreme in their speach.

Bidens full statement for you bottom feeder news guys:

"I don’t think they’re appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. The only people it doesn’t happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around them. So it’s part of the process,"

Im not for any such harassment…but lets quit acting as if this is even new or an end to something that had already died (civil discourse). Or just the left.

And Biden absolutely should denounce such harassment.

*Pooh pooh

"I don’t think they’re appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. The only people it doesn’t happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around them. So it’s part of the process,"
But it hasn't always been, and shouldn't be.  This isn't a sides thing and this is becoming a common everyday thing.  Someone is going to end up hurt/dead.  People shouldn't be going to private residences, restrooms, bothering politician's families etc.  

Can you give me a link of where folks here supported going to residences, restrooms, harassing people's families?  If so, I'll be happy to say that's wrong.  I didn't think it would be that hard to just denounce it and not go to your corner to do so, but apparently it is.
I'm very happy to denounce it.  I don't approve of a lot of the left wings tactics.  I also happen to disapprove of a lot of the right wings tactics as well.

merrick garland,(Left wing hack), has the FBI protecting school boards and therefore teachers unions.   How are school board meetings now the purview the  DOJ?   These are local matters.

This won't end well.

Domestic  Terrorism.   Someone should start a thread and post in it continually.

Bottom feeder?  He poo-poo’d it, exactly as I said.

Last edited by a moderator:

But it hasn't always been, and shouldn't be.  This isn't a sides thing and this is becoming a common everyday thing.  Someone is going to end up hurt/dead.  People shouldn't be going to private residences, restrooms, bothering politician's families etc.  
If you want to argue that Biden's quote wasn't condemny enough for you, that's fair.

But let's not pretend that politicians have never been harassed, hurt, or killed before.

Just for the record, it doesn't sound any different. Nor is it actually any different. The right is just as guilty as the left and vice-versa. You know, boff sides.
I don’t believe this to be true.  I think this idea of confronting people and “getting in their face” as Maxine Waters called for, is more a problem on the Left than the Right.  That’s not to say the Right doesn’t have their issues - they certainly do.

If you want to argue that Biden's quote wasn't condemny enough for you, that's fair.

But let's not pretend that politicians have never been harassed, hurt, or killed before.
I'd like him to have gone a little further, but to be fair to him that's kind of splitting hairs.  I'm not bent out of shape so much about Biden's response, it's more so that it happened at all.  I think the response was tepid, but I didn't expect more given that the protesters are on his side of the issue.  He did at least say it wasn't appropriate.

Your second statement may be true, but it shouldn't be.  And even if it's true, it should be the exception and not the norm.  Personally I find this even more concerning that it's taking place within one party.  If it's ok to do these things to someone within your own party, what is ever over the line?  Of course sometimes I think the extremes save their worst for those that aren't pure within their party or side.  

And we were told vote for Biden so things could get back to normal.  Anyone with half a brain knew that was total bull crap
Exactly and this kind of selective memory peeves me.    Was all about how Republicans are terrible horrible people and we need Trump out to get back to normalcy.  And now that the left are seeing that their side isn't different they counter with. "Well the Republicans started it"  

What “process”?

So Biden can't unite and brings things back to normal without Trump?  Okay then
No that ship has long sailed.  Until the GOP denounces Trumpism, as an ideology (don’t want to say what really is, will get a timeout) this war will continue.  For shame, too.  I think it’s irreparable.  

No that ship has long sailed.  Until the GOP denounces Trumpism, as an ideology (don’t want to say what really is, will get a timeout) this war will continue.  For shame, too.  I think it’s irreparable.  

That ship never existed.  It was all marketing bull spit.   But it worked which is all that matters.  

What “process”?
Serving the American people as our representatives in government? 

Just to be clear rather than have someone read between the printed text, I am in no way endorsing following politicians into restrooms to confront them with questions about their policies or voting record or whatever. Following them in for other reasons though....? Depends on the reason.

Well that's a bit different statement than I expected after reading the OP's post.

The other question is who got Sinema's travel itinerary and then paid for those folks to confront her on the plane?  I'm pretty sure they weren't random passengers who just happened to spot her.  

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread