What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Am I a Karen? (1 Viewer)

belljr

Footballguy
So I run out today, I live in a development that is literally a circle.   I come home today around 11am and there is a beat up empty mini van from out of state, sitting kind of out front of my house, closer to the tiny wooded lot thats part mine, part town.  It's not huge, and there are only a few trees.  Anyway, I see this guy walk out, almost positive he took a piss get in van and sit there.

Fast for forward, 2:45, same van is sitting there as my daughter and kids are walking home from school, so I keep an eye on him. Ask my daughter if he said anything, she said no. As I'm closing the door, he throws a brown paper bag out of his window and into the brush.  I open the door, and tell the guy to go pick up his trash, he looks at me and he freaking speeds off, into the neighborhood. Well there is only one way in :lol: so I run over, he sees me, pulls up says sorry I'll go pick it up.  I pretty much am a #### say, yes you will and don't come back here tomorrow.   

Normally, I would have let it go, but I got over to where he threw the trash and there are 2 beer bottles.  So I decided to call the police and just let them know, hey this is what happened, just wanted to kind of let you know.

As I hang up, my neighbor comes over with her daughter and was like was he sitting here all day?  Told her the story, she said, I think he's doing work on someone's house on the other side of the neighborhood.

Now I kind of feel like an ###. I told the cop when he showed up, listen I'm not trying to get the guy in trouble if he was just on a break, but if he's sitting here drinking when kids are coming home, I just wanted you guys to be aware.  The cop said he would talk to him and left it at that.  If he didn't throw freaking trash out the window in my yard l, I'd probably wouldn't have said a peep. Lol 

Did I overreact?  I feel like I did but I also didn't know he was working in the neighborhood....not that is an excuse 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have done the same thing. Except all the lady Karen's in my neighborhood would have beaten me too it. Those hens are all over this type of stuff.

As of Oct 1, In Austin the police wouldn't give a rats ### about your call Hopefully you scared him off and he won't return.

Heck no, Kids walking around and this drunken guy has his sausage out taking a whiz, forget that. He broke multiple laws--public urination, public indecency. drinking in a vehicle and littering. He can take his clown show on the road and I would be very tempted to go to the person that hired him and tell him you have a drunk doing work on your house.  

Just read and I probably wouldn’t have done anything but I live an area where sketchy folks come with the territory. I would have grabbed his garbage. Cops would file this in the trash can if I called I think :lol:  

Nothing wrong with calling him out for the trash certainly. He likely drank the beers too which isn’t so great of him to be doing. 

Not at all.  He was disrespectful and deserved to get checked in the neighborhood you describe.  Karen would've called the cops on a suspicious looking male working from his laptop.  

I'm not sure I would have called the cops but I would have talked to him. If things escalated well, sometimes people need to be taught a lesson. Throw him a beating, no need to involve the po po.

Calling the cops seems a bit excessive, but if it’s not his property he’s littering on, probably have to call him on it. It sounds like the guy is a slob at least, but he should keep it in his vehicle or find a trash can or something.

My question is why you didn't confront this guy before the neighborhood kids started walking home?
For sitting in a car?  I'm not that much of a Karen.    I didn't look out my front door again until my daughter got off the bus and noticed he was back 

It was after that, with the trash, peeling away, alcohol. :shrug:

eta: we have contractors, landscapers, cleaning people around here all the time. I just assumed he might have been waiting for someone/job at 11. When he was back again, that's when I got a little "concerned" :shrug:

The littering was bad and he was a cowardly ####### to peel out when confronted.  I'm not sure if it's an age thing or just the people I associate with but most will litter without a second thought.  It bothers me and I will usually pick up their trash when I see it.  On the other hand, did this guy only litter the beer cans?  It doesn't excuse it but beer cans are the one thing I have littered.  If you are drinking and driving and there is no receptacle nearby, you need to ditch the evidence somehow. 

The littering was bad and he was a cowardly ####### to peel out when confronted.  I'm not sure if it's an age thing or just the people I associate with but most will litter without a second thought.  It bothers me and I will usually pick up their trash when I see it.  On the other hand, did this guy only litter the beer cans?  It doesn't excuse it but beer cans are the one thing I have littered.  If you are drinking and driving and there is no receptacle nearby, you need to ditch the evidence somehow. 
As someone who doesn't litter and not much of a drinker, it all makes sense now.  Thank you!

First of all Karen's don't recognize their karen-ness.....lacking self awareness is a key part of being a Karen.  Second, you gotta keep ur kids safe.  People are not being held accountable for their actions anymore.  Dude might be perfectly harmless, but you never assume that

Overreact?  Are you kidding me?  That dude is on the job and that’s completely unprofessional.  If he gets fired for that, I wouldn’t feel one bit upset.  Good for you confronting him (though you need to be careful who you confront in the world we live in). :oldunsure:

So someone started renting their house in my neighborhood.  Apparently to "college kids" who like to party until 4am on Sunday nights and rev their car engines in their driveway (somehow there are also 4 luxury cars at this house too and the rent is over $4000).  I don't hear the parties or noise, though the cars woke my wife up at 3:30am one night.  Debating calling the township or police, just to A) make sure renting the house is even allowed if they didn't get an inspection etc.; and B) just to make the police aware and maybe patrol the neighborhood a bit more during those hours.

Is that a Karen move?

Users who are viewing this thread