What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***The Los Angeles Rams vs Seattle Seahawks*** +2.5 O/U 54 NFC West Showdown on TNF! (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
This is the game thread but I want to take this opportunity to remind folks about Thursday Night games and how they impact your rosters so I am going to touch on a couple issues here that I'm sure happen to all of you as well. 

-If you are not going to start someone tonight then why keep them on your roster thru the weekend taking up a valuable roster spot? I will point to Sony Michel who did very little to make the Rams stop feeding Henderson the ball when he is healthy and since you know you won't be starting him tonight, let him GO! Go get you McKissic and at least open up your options going into the weekend. I'm just giving a basic example but the point is don't fill up your bench with guys you aren't going to play because typically you are then stuck with them the rest of the weekend until waivers next Tue/Wed. 

-Next! Do not start a guy in your "Flex" spot tonight. If you are going to play Robert Woods then just start him as your one of your 3-4 starting WRs and save that flex spot for Sunday Morning when you might actually need it. I see guys in my leagues every week fill up Flex spots perhaps by accident on Thursday nights or just not thinking about it much and they handcuff themselves when last minute injuries arise or they need to start shuffling players around. So don't "flex" Henderson tonight, just start him as one of your 2 starting RBs even if you are going with stronger plays over the weekend and "Flex" Aaron Jones on Sunday. 

Tonight's game should be awesome and I think Seattle has a chance to pull this off, Rams looked a little more vulnerable last week and teams have gotten to see more film of Stafford under center in a Rams' uniform. Primetime, Russell Wilson, you really gonna bet against him at home in one of the more interesting match ups of the week?

Seattle 27...Los Angeles 24 and there could be a shootout so i wouldn't take my point total too seriously. I like Seattle tonight at home on a short week, chance to move into 2nd place in the NFC West.  

Cheers everyone and...

Go!

I'll put up one of those tough choices that maybe some of you are going thru this week but I am going to SIT my buddy Matt Stafford tonight who I have enjoyed since the season started, drafted him, etc...I took Tannehill as my QB2 and thought I was set but along the way i started falling for Sam Darnold and I think I am prepared to play Darnold over Stafford this week. 

Stafford to the bench for the first time and Darnold will get the nod this week at home vs Philly. Good chance they both do well but I wanted to play Darnold and justify the roster spot. BTW, not rooting against Staff, playing Kupp in almost all my leagues so I want to see the Rams score tonight, just feel like Darnold will have a little more when the dust settles this week. 

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Seahawks’ RB Chris Carson is out for tonight’s game against the LA Rams due to a neck injury.

6:39 PM · Oct 7, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Alex Collins is going Top 20 this week. Almost 80 total yds a TD last week, fresh legs and Seattle will want to run the ball, control the clock and since their starting TE is out maybe Collins will see a handful of targets tonight. 

15/65, 3/25, TD, solid 18 points tonight. 

What say you?

Alex Collins is going Top 20 this week. Almost 80 total yds a TD last week, fresh legs and Seattle will want to run the ball, control the clock and since their starting TE is out maybe Collins will see a handful of targets tonight. 

15/65, 3/25, TD, solid 18 points tonight. 

What say you?

I say I hope you're right.

Tell us more. I have Amazon Prime, why would I not watch on the NFLN?
the two statements were not related. :D

it's the first game on amazon prime, which was better for streaming than NFLN last year. dunno the technical reason for this and ymmv.

statistically both teams have given up more passing yards than most and opponents have run more passing plays against them by a lot than running plays. also both teams are well below average running teams, statistically. on the other hand both passing offenses are prolific, so math says 2 + 2 should equal 6.

i'm just rooting for lots of scoring. as a Woods owner it's hard watching the Rams games this year.

Going against Russ and Rams defense on an owner that owns both.

Always feels weird to me to start your own defense against your own quarterback. But to each their own.

I'll put up one of those tough choices that maybe some of you are going thru this week but I am going to SIT my buddy Matt Stafford tonight who I have enjoyed since the season started, drafted him, etc...I took Tannehill as my QB2 and thought I was set but along the way i started falling for Sam Darnold and I think I am prepared to play Darnold over Stafford this week. 

Stafford to the bench for the first time and Darnold will get the nod this week at home vs Philly. Good chance they both do well but I wanted to play Darnold and justify the roster spot. BTW, not rooting against Staff, playing Kupp in almost all my leagues so I want to see the Rams score tonight, just feel like Darnold will have a little more when the dust settles this week. 
I would play Stafford. Stafford will be top 5 this week. Darnold might sniff top 5 and that's just because it's Philly.

I have both in 2 different leagues. Seattle's defense is bad, like below Philly bad.

I'm half watching this tonight, fellas. The Red Sox are doomed against Tampa on another television, my diabetic ### got the booster in CA today. I feel riggity-wrecked like Rick and Morty.

Are these the old World League of American Football uniforms?  They look even extra neon tonight.

They were way too far away for that 4th down call. 

Side note, home fans need to stop cheering when the team decides to go for it on 4th down. All you are doing is making it that harder to hear the playcall/audibles.

I'm a big believer in maximizing generational talent in important situations.

Running a 4th string RB right into possibly the best DT of our generation when you have a mobile HoF QB in his prime would probably not be my top choice for plays on 4th and 2.

Users who are viewing this thread