What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone just hear Steve Smith's on-air comment? (1 Viewer)

Prinefan

Footballguy
They're discussing who's going to win Atlanta-Jets.  Steve picked the Jets but said if they're behind at the half he's switching to the Falcons. The female announcer says he can't change his pick.  Steve responds  "I'm light-skinned.  I can do anything I want."  

Does this bother anyone else?

They're discussing who's going to win Atlanta-Jets.  Steve picked the Jets but said if they're behind at the half he's switching to the Falcons. The female announcer says he can't change his pick.  Steve responds  "I'm light-skinned.  I can do anything I want."  

No.  I have more important things to be bothered about.  The man is guilty of bad humor—which we’ve all been guilty of in our lifetimes. With that said—I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s forced to make an apology or if there is a wave of people pushing to cancel him. 

Please tell me why this should bother me first.
No one can tell you why you should be bothered by something.  That would be determined by yourself.

For me, I am not bothered at all.  I agree with the above poster that it was just bad humor.

No one can tell you why you should be bothered by something.  That would be determined by yourself.

For me, I am not bothered at all.  I agree with the above poster that it was just bad humor.
I bet the OP can tell me why I should be. 

Please tell me why this should bother me first.
Not saying it SHOULD bother you.  It bothers me only because of his implication that he should be treated differently from the darker skinned announcers that were sharing the table with him, merely because of the color of his skin.  It was certainly meant as a bad joke but joking about racial disparity does tend to bother me.  

I don’t give a ####, it’s meaningless but just another random example illustrating race relations in US going down the crapper

Not saying it SHOULD bother you.  It bothers me only because of his implication that he should be treated differently from the darker skinned announcers that were sharing the table with him, merely because of the color of his skin.  It was certainly meant as a bad joke but joking about racial disparity does tend to bother me.  

Sad but true.  The lighter skinned brothers I know I work do think they are a notch above the dark ones.

It bothers me that Steve Smith is a terrible commentator and was even worse on the Panthers pre-season broadcasts.
Agreed.  He never should have gotten behind a mike.  He disgusted me back when he played and would fight his own teammates on the sidelines during games.

Prinefan said:

Yes, everybody knows there shouldn’t be female announcers.

Users who are viewing this thread