What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pawpaw fan club! (1 Viewer)

E-Z Glider

Footballguy
Who else here loves these things?!?! Some people call them "hillbilly bananas". I honestly didn't know much about them until a couple weeks ago. Stopped at an amish farm stand to pick up some corn and they had a few laying on the table, so I bought them. Girl there said to treat them like an avacado (ie: wait until soft and then eat immediately). I had VERY low expectations, but followed her instructions anyway.

Whole pawpaw

Cut in half

Eating with a spoon

Holy ####! I was blown away. Super sweet and tropical with a creamy/custardy texture. Tastes like a mix between a banana, pineapple and mango (3 of my favorite fruits). I cant believe these things grow wild all up and down the east coast. 

Went out yesterday afternoon with my buddy to a patch he knew about and started shaking trees.

We found 34

So freakin good!

:thumbup:

I ate these regularly as a kid. My cousin's neighbor had a pawpaw tree. Now I haven't had one in 40+ years and don't remember the taste. Now I want one.

I have heard people talking about them this year more than ever... I have never had one though, and prior to this post had zero interest in trying them 

Users who are viewing this thread