What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Revisiting the issue of allowing biological males to use women's bathrooms, and the Loudoun County rape case (1 Viewer)

ekbeats

Footballguy
Because I sure do.  If this story is true then our worst fears have been realized - not that the Libs in here would care all that much, other than the political points scored for the opportunity to paint the irate Dad as a domestic terrorist.

Loudoun County Schools Tried To Conceal Sexual Assault Against Daughter In Bathroom, Father Says

Father in viral video of school board arrest says his daughter was raped in school bathroom.

On June 22, Scott Smith was arrested at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting, a meeting that was ultimately deemed an “unlawful assembly” after many attendees vocally opposed a policy on transgender students.

What people did not know is that weeks prior on May 28, Smith says, a boy allegedly wearing a skirt entered a girls’ bathroom at nearby Stone Bridge High School, where he sexually assaulted Smith’s ninth-grade daughter. 

Juvenile records are sealed, but Smith’s attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that a boy was charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio, related to an incident that day at that school. 
……

Last edited by a moderator:
disturbing behavior from the skirt wearing boy and the school board if true.

read elsewhere the skirt wearer assaulted another girl at a different school after he was removed from this one.  

How many women have been assaulted in the past few years while you waited for this one incident?

Not making light of this in the least, it’s a terrible crime, but your scoreboard watching is disturbing.

Wasn’t the conservative freak out that this would happen all the time? We’re five years out from that discussion and you found an incident. Congrats, you clearly were right. This rapist clearly would have respected the sign on the door.

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
How many women have been assaulted in the past few years while you waited for this one incident?

Not making light of this in the least, it’s a terrible crime, but your scoreboard watching is disturbing.
AN interesting aspect of this particular incident in relation to your question is that a main point in this incident is that the school board allegedly purposely did NOT call the police and report this and tried to cover it up internally and not draw attention. So, it is not about how many you have on a "scoreboard". It is the issue that actually happens and it is disturbing to see how things get covered up. 

That is why the parents in this district are going nuts.  They literally are saying the school board is willing to sacrifice young girls to rape instead of reporting the incident.  This boy who committed the offense was moved to another school district and now faces another charge of the same offense.  Imagine being the parent of the 2nd girl and knowing what their daughter experienced was completely avoidable.

Wasn’t the conservative freak out that this would happen all the time? We’re five years out from that discussion and you found an incident. Congrats, you clearly were right. This rapist clearly would have respected the sign on the door.
You should go read what happened. 

😆 Of course you are. You guys never fail to disappoint.  You say something will never happen (which in itself is projected scoreboard watching), then when the horrific crime we anticipated does happen, your outrage is directed at me for posting it. Classic.

Nope.  Your outrage at this horrible crime has been noted though.

AN interesting aspect of this particular incident in relation to your question is that a main point in this incident is that the school board allegedly purposely did NOT call the police and report this and tried to cover it up internally and not draw attention. So, it is not about how many you have on a "scoreboard". It is the issue that actually happens and it is disturbing to see how things get covered up. 

That is why the parents in this district are going nuts.  They literally are saying the school board is willing to sacrifice young girls to rape instead of reporting the incident.  This boy who committed the offense was moved to another school district and now faces another charge of the same offense.  Imagine being the parent of the 2nd girl and knowing what their daughter experienced was completely avoidable.
He. Doesn’t. Care.  The only thing he’s upset about is losing on the “scoreboard”.

😆 Of course you are. You guys never fail to disappoint.  You say something will never happen (which in itself is projected scoreboard watching), then when the horrific crime we anticipated does happen, your outrage is directed at me for posting it. Classic.
I didn’t participate in any previous discussion.

I stated, and will state again this was a terrible crime.

I have no clue why anyone interacts with you.

Yes it is like baiting a trap  geared towards you.  If a person like you calls it back to attention from memory you are criticized. But if someone like you never reminded anyone, then a longer period of time would pass before it came to light and then they would say "Congrats.  It's been 7 years... You get a score".  

It is not that it has NOT happened before, you just happened to be a person with a memory and enough level of concern to bring it back up.  

People own the other side of the fence do NOT like to be questioned.  

I didn’t participate in any previous discussion.

I stated, and will state again this was a terrible crime.

I have no clue why anyone interacts with you.
I’m not the one minimizing a 14 year old girl getting raped and sodomized in a high school girl’s bathroom.

I would be inclined to point out that this... individual has almost certainly carried out other assaults, and/or would have, regardless of the school district's policies, and regardless of whether or not he was wearing a skirt. But then I suppose I'd be accused of minimizing or defending the... individual's actions, so I'll have to just keep my mouth shut. Nice thread you have here. Seems like you're really looking for some illuminating discourse.

I would be inclined to point out that this... individual has almost certainly carried out other assaults, and/or would have, regardless of the school district's policies, and regardless of whether or not he was wearing a skirt. But then I suppose I'd be accused of minimizing or defending the... individual's actions, so I'll have to just keep my mouth shut. Nice thread you have here. Seems like you're really looking for some illuminating discourse.
And your evidence to base that on is....?

Don't answer. I'm not looking for a side discussion. But it is worth pointing out that you are making a serious assumption on a person in an attempt to create a point you want to create. The OP discussion is simply that one set of people categorically made a statement that has absolutely been shown to be woefully incorrect, to the point of (at least) two underage girls being sexually assaulted. 

What we should take out of this is nobody on either side of any stance should say "never". 

Because I sure do.  If this story is true then our worst fears have been realized - not that the Libs in here would care all that much, other than the political points scored for the opportunity to paint the irate Dad as a domestic terrorist.

Loudoun County Schools Tried To Conceal Sexual Assault Against Daughter In Bathroom, Father Says

Father in viral video of school board arrest says his daughter was raped in school bathroom.

On June 22, Scott Smith was arrested at a Loudoun County, Virginia, school board meeting, a meeting that was ultimately deemed an “unlawful assembly” after many attendees vocally opposed a policy on transgender students.

What people did not know is that weeks prior on May 28, Smith says, a boy allegedly wearing a skirt entered a girls’ bathroom at nearby Stone Bridge High School, where he sexLibs in here insisted that biological men being allowed in women’s bathrooms would never result in any sexual assaults?ually assaulted Smith’s ninth-grade daughter. 

Juvenile records are sealed, but Smith’s attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that a boy was charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio, related to an incident that day at that school. 
……

And I sure don't. I don't recall any "Libs" in here saying that biological men being allowed in women’s bathrooms would never result in any sexual assaults.

I would love to see a link to anyone saying anything close to that because I would have remembered it. 

Horrible Strawman. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I would like one of you to point to a post where a FBG guaranteed that no sexual assaults would ever occur as a result of anything. You've constructed a strawman here.

Oh, so it's the cost of doing business for "equal" transgender "rights?" 

And I sure don't. I don't recall any "Libs" in here saying that biological men being allowed in women’s bathrooms would never result in any sexual assaults.

I would love to see a link to anyone saying anything close to that because I would have remembered it. 

Horrible Strawman. 
Is your concern about the thread title or the alleged coverup of an alleged rape by a gender fluid student in the girls bathroom?

Does anybody argue they would respect the sign on the door?

I think the argument usually is more along the lines of other people perhaps seeing a boy going into the girls bathroom and saying something.

If it is within the rules, that wouldn't happen.

Still fewer transgender bathroom sexual assaults than Republican legislator bathroom sexual assaults.  Open your eyes sheeple we need to stop allowing Republican legislators to use bathrooms.

Is your concern about the thread title or the alleged coverup of an alleged rape by a gender fluid student in the girls bathroom?

The totally false claim in the title that Libs in here insisted that biological men being allowed in women’s bathrooms would never result in any sexual assaults

Sounds like the greatest outrage in this thread, ranked in order, goes something like this:

1. Use of the word “Libs”

2. Squid losing his notebook and his memory.  Here’s a hint buddy - the thread got nuked.  And you were involved in it, as was OPM and Henry Ford

3. That rapes will occur regardless of what the name on the bathroom door says.

4. That this only happened once, even though that was proven to be incorrect.

5. A 14 year old girl was raped and sodomized by a high school boy who identifies as a girl, at a high school that allows biological males to use the women’s bathroom.

6. That the school and BOE allegedly covered it up.

7. That the transgender was put in another school with the same policy - where he raced another young girl.

8. That the poor girl’s father had the audacity to get so angry at the BOE that he got arrested at the meeting, after which the “Libs” in Laudon County used him as an example of domestic terrorism.

Good to see you all have your priorities straight. 👍

So which one of you guys is Scott Ziegler?

Father of Virginia student allegedly assaulted by biological male in restroom: 'I won't stay quiet anymore'

The father of a female Virginia student allegedly sexually assaulted by a biological male wearing a skirtspoke out to "The Ingraham Angle" on Tuesday after months of self-described "silence" since he was pulled out of a June 22 school board meeting by police and later derided as a bigot on social media.

Scott Smith, a 48-year-old plumber according to the Daily Mail, told host Laura Ingraham he went to the initial June meeting not for any political reason but because he had seen "all this crazy stuff on TV" and was concerned after his daughter had been assaulted.

"I am good with gay people and cross-gender people – Anybody who wants to be a good American, I am good with – I went there to find out why our children were not safe," he said. "The next thing I know, another parent-activist approached my wife and starting antagonizing her, and I turned around and said stop."

Smith said he tried to tell the woman how his daughter was assaulted in the restroom at Stone Bridge High School, but the woman persisted:

"She looked me dead in the face and said ‘that’s not what happened' – That struck me – how do you know what happened, you don't even know me."

Soon after, Smith recounted being gripped from behind and realized it was a police officer, as he was later tackled.

"I was just shocked. And horrified. I do want to say, though, we support our first responders and our law enforcement. This didn't have to happen. This could have been handled a lot differently," he said.

Smith said the Loudoun County School Board members at the meeting did not appear fazed by the testimony of Smith and the other parents concerned about issues like allegations of a CRT-infused curriculum.

"I believe they had full intentions on trying to shut that thing down early. Every time we clapped or supported somebody, we got scolded for it. Why aren’t we allowed to clap or… boo? Everybody has their own opinion. Why can’t everybody just get along and discuss our differences?" he wondered aloud, adding that the board members likely saw the meeting as "a joke".

Later in the interview, Ingraham reported that a teenager from Ashburn, Va., has since been charged with sexual battery and abduction at another area high school. While the name cannot be released because the suspect is a juvenile, Smith said that individual is the same one who allegedly assaulted his daughter earlier this year.

"We were under the impression from the prosecutor that this sexual predator was being held on in-house arrest with an ankle monitor and would not return to school until these court sessions were done. You are innocent until you are proven guilty – I understand that. But we have to protect everyone at the same time," Smith said.

However, in the interim, Smith had been informally advised to remain quiet about the allegations in hopes of a positive outcome or prosecution:

"I was told by everyone, my attorneys, the prosecuting attorney, friends of the family, people I don’t even know, that if I wanted justice for my daughter, I needed to keep my mouth quiet and not speak out because in order to get justice for my daughter, which is the most important thing to me, of course, was to not come out and let justice prevail," he said.

"It was my decision not to speak out. Nobody muzzled me, but I was told if I wanted justice for my daughter and wanted this case to have a finality and a possible conviction, that I had to stay quiet."

Smith told Ingraham he remained quiet about the situation until last week, when a text message to his wife alerted the couple that a juvenile had been arrested and was rumored to be the same one allegedly involved in the assault on his daughter.

"Within half an hour, it was confirmed that yes, this did happen. I basically said that’s it. I won’t stay quiet anymore," he said.

Regarding a letter penned by Attorney General Merrick Garland regarding focusing on incensed parents at school board meetings, Smith called that action by the Justice Department "scary."

"That’s really scary that our government will weaponize themselves against parents and using my video across the nation to spread fear. That’s wrong. I am not a bully. I am not a racist. I love everyone. I love this country. I want better stuff for it," he said.

In regard to the alleged assault on Smith's daughter, the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office told Fox News that a May 28, 2021 case involving a "thorough 2-month-long investigation that was conducted to determine the facts of the case prior to arrest."

"This case is still pending court proceedings. The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is not able to provide any documents that pertain to a pending case." The sheriff's office confirmed that the case involved sexual assault.

All juvenile records are sealed, but Smith’s attorney Elizabeth Lancaster told The Daily Wire that the boy was subsequently charged with two counts of forcible sodomy, one count of anal sodomy, and one count of forcible fellatio.

In response to a public records request by The Daily Wire, the Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that a May 28 report with "Offense: Forcible Sodomy [and] Sexual Battery" at Stone Bridge High School does exist.

The suspect was arrested two months later following an investigation by the sheriff's office.  

Minutes before Smith’s arrest at the June 22 board meeting, Loudoun County Public Schools (LCPS) Superintendent Scott Ziegler declared that "the predator transgender student or person simply does not exist," and that to his knowledge, "we don’t have any record of assaults occurring in our restrooms," The Daily Wire reported.

On October 6, at another school, a 15-year-old boy was charged with sexual battery and abduction of a fellow student, the sheriff's office reported. The boy allegedly forced a female victim into her empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her. Reports connect the two assaults, although police have not confirmed to Fox News that they involve the same male student.

"These incidents were reported immediately to the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, and LCPS cooperated fully with the investigations," a spokesperson for Ziegler told Fox News. "Any information related to student information is confidential under state and federal laws regarding student privacy."

Many of the estimated 60 parents at a school board meeting in the suburban Washington, D.C., county on Tuesday evening called for Ziegler to resign.

I would like one of you to point to a post where a FBG guaranteed that no sexual assaults would ever occur as a result of anything. You've constructed a strawman here.
Oh yay. The fun absolutes you guys spout  here.  Thats so great!!

Did that thread really get deleted?  If so, that’s too bad. I recall there being a lot of good discussion on the topic, including thoughtful and nuanced discussion from both sides of the debate. While the specter of an assault such as that discussed in this thread certainly exists, isn’t there also a concern that women will feel uncomfortable and unsafe when trans males who look like men are required to use the women’s restroom, an occurrence that will happen with far greater frequency?  I think there are a number of issues that merit meaningful discussion with respect to this topic. 

On October 6, at another school, a 15-year-old boy was charged with sexual battery and abduction of a fellow student, the sheriff's office reported. The boy allegedly forced a female victim into her empty classroom where he held her against her will and inappropriately touched her. Reports connect the two assaults, although police have not confirmed to Fox News that they involve the same male student.
Doesn’t the fact that the second alleged assault happened in a non-bathroom location undermine the argument that this problem was caused by letting trans kids use bathrooms with their identified gender?

I'm just reading this link for the first time but it doesn't seem like most of these really help your argument. The last story is about cis male students peeping.  The 3rd and 4th seem to also be about cis males who disguised themselves as female to peep.  How would excluding trans people from bathrooms fix that problem?  The guy in the first story also doesn't seem to be trans based on the info provided.

The second story is the only one of these that seems directly on point.

The thread title criticizes people that supposedly claimed that allowing trans kids to use their preferred restroom "would never result in any sexual assaults."  That's a causation argument.

Plucking out a single element rather than facing the core element of normalization of mental illness is just a distraction.

Plucking out a single element rather than facing the core element of normalization of mental illness is just a distraction.
What argument exactly are you trying to make?  I thought the original argument was that letting trans people use bathrooms with their identified gender would cause sexual assaults.  That's what I was responding to.

You're going to need to provide a lot more info if the argument you're trying to make is "trans people are more rapey than cis people so we need to segregate them."

Doesn’t the fact that the second alleged assault happened in a non-bathroom location undermine the argument that this problem was caused by letting trans kids use bathrooms with their identified gender?
No

Because if this person wasn’t allowed in that bathroom THIS GIRL wouldn’t have been raped in there 

Visit the Loudon county schools facebook page and you will see how inflamed some of the community is over this incident. Add to the CRT issue and the mask mandates and I can see someone attacking a board member, its getting close to violence.

What argument exactly are you trying to make?  I thought the original argument was that letting trans people use bathrooms with their identified gender would cause sexual assaults.  That's what I was responding to.

You're going to need to provide a lot more info if the argument you're trying to make is "trans people are more rapey than cis people so we need to segregate them."

The bathroom argument is just the low hanging fruit for the unimaginative.  It's the "easy" out to protest. It lacks meaningful reflection.

The simple truth is that placating mental illness does not help the afflicted. Rather than speculation on the potential for misbehavior, whether it be in a bathroom or an office, we need to remember that these are people suffering, and that suffering could very well lead to them acting out.

No

Because if this person wasn’t allowed in that bathroom THIS GIRL wouldn’t have been raped in there 
Right and if that person wasn't allowed in the hallways the second person wouldn't have been assaulted.  Do you think that we should prohibit trans people from using the hallways?  If you think bathrooms and hallways should be treated differently you need to explain why.  If you think trans people should be prohibited from being everywhere that a sexual assault might occur, you need to explain why that policy makes sense (given that the overwhelming majority of rapes/sexual assaults are committed by cis men).

Users who are viewing this thread