What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 Bye-Pocalypse (1 Viewer)

pollardsvision

Footballguy
Has there ever been a more brutal bye week for fantasy?  

Bills, Chargers, Cowboys, Vikings, Steelers, Jaguars. 

Aside from being a head's up to anyone that didn't know this hit was coming, also curious what sort of shenanigans folks will have to pull just to to field a starting lineup.

And I imagine it will make waivers very interesting. Next week, a lot of stashed players will have to be dropped just to field lineups. 

Yeah, it's definitely brutal if you have a lot of those players. I expect a brutal week 7 for my team, but the good thing though is once you get past it and your team stays healthy, it can be an advantage going forward.

Going to be tough for my squad. 

My starting WRs are Tyreek, CeeDee and Claypool, with the two latter guys on bye.  

May have to start (gulp!)  A.J. Green and Van Jefferson next week.  Nothing but garbage on the waiver wire.    

Week 9 won't be better with The WFT and Tampa out;  my RBs are Antonio Gibson and Playoff Lennie.   Forced to go with Damien Harris and A.J. Dillon. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I play in a redraft super-flex, Josh Allen & Justin Herbert are my QBs (along with Mike Williams & Zack Moss).

Had a trade lined up for Diggs but I balked because the guy wanted Derek Carr included in the deal. Too steep a price with the week 7 bye looming.

I play in a redraft super-flex, Josh Allen & Justin Herbert are my QBs
Kudos on that combo. I have Allen, Lawrence, and Lance in my keeper superflex, but because of the bye and Lance’s injury/Niners likely going back to Jimmy, I had to pick up, gulp, Geno.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kudos on that combo. I have Allen, Lawrence, and Lance in my keeper superflex, but because of the bye and Lance’s injury/Niners likely going back to Jimmy, I had to pick up, gulp, Geno.
1.4 & 2.9 and to think I was bummed when the guy at 2.8 nabbed Dak.

You've got a bold super-flex strategy relying on 2 rookies. I assume you released your previous QB2 back to the draft pool.

Allen is a guy you gotta hold onto as long as you can. If you're in contention this season you may want to consider grabbing Trubisky. I think he is one of the best backups in the game. I know I am considering it.

Personally I am not down on Geno like some are. The Jets were a lifetime ago on football years. Good arm, excellent athleticism, two of the best WRs in the game, good coaching and I think at 31 he recognizes this opportunity to put up some good film and get another payday (as a backup of course, but one potentially in high demand).

I've got 4 on Bye - Justin Jefferson, Alexander Mattison, Emmanuel Sanders, and Cowboys DST.  I'm streaming DST any way so that one's no big deal.  But I also have 3 guys still Questionable this week - Kareem Hunt, Kadarius Toney and Damien Harris - so I need them to get well soon.

Fortunately my week 7 opponent has Justin Herbert, Austin Ekeler, Amari Cooper and Laviska Shenault on Bye, and Saquon Barkley out this week and possibly next week, so if I have to play against him, week 7 is a good time to do it.

I am so thin in week 7, I am simply gonna take the loss instead of decimating my team.  Luckily, I play a team with bye week problems as well.  Sometimes it's better to do nothing...

Users who are viewing this thread