What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ASUS Gaming Laptop- with bad nvidia 2070 - options? (1 Viewer)

MTskibum

Footballguy
I have an out of warranty gaming laptop with a bad video card. What are my options?

Is it possible to repair? Has anyone ever sent a laptop back to Asus to have parts replaced, do they even do that type of repair?

The Intel video card still works so it is now a very expensive, very heavy, normal laptop. Do I reformat it and donate it to a local school?

Any and all opinions/options are appreciated.

Probably depends on if the video card is integrated into the motherboard or not (if it is, then no dice). What's the model number of the Asus laptop?

Probably depends on if the video card is integrated into the motherboard or not (if it is, then no dice). What's the model number of the Asus laptop?

G731G-xb74

I tried to find some documentation, but was unable to. Asus also has a pretty poor customer support site.

I mean these GPU are expensive as hell, run hot, and die fast.  It's criminal they can't be manually replaced easily.  

Users who are viewing this thread