What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 who should I start thread **OFFICIAL** (1 Viewer)

Chaka

Footballguy
This is where we ask questions and offer help.

A couple notes:

1) This only works if people participate. If you ask for help it is good form to offer help to someone else.

2) It helps if you post the matchup. e.g. Mayfield vs Den or Matt Ryan @ Mia

3) Of course important league considerations (e.g. PPR, super-flex etc).

ETA: 4) Please go easy on the nicknames, save that for other threads. We can't help if we don't know who you are talking about.

View this as an exercise to help focus your thoughts about teams in general. Players you own may not be involved in these WDIS questions but certainly you will own players on many of these teams. Analyzing other players will help you identify things you may have otherwise not considered.

As always I am keeping a running total of my "correct" calls of head-2-head questions (I am not going to try and track accuracy when picking from larger sets "choose 2 of these 5" type questions) and I am comparing my guesses with a random coin flip just for fun. I use my league's scoring system (PPR, 15 yards rush/receiving = 1 point, 50 yards passing = 1 point, 4 pts/pass TD, 6 pts/rush TD, with some minor yardage bonuses for TD length).

Last week was a rough one for me in head-2-head calls I went 13-15-3, and the coin toss clearly cheated going 17-11-3 

On the season I am 68-59-8 in my head-2-head calls and the coin toss is 60-67-8 

Bye weeks are going to be a bear this week.  Personally I have Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Stefon Diggs, Mike Williams & Zack Moss out with Kadarius & Michael Thomas unable to offer help.

Question:

Start Kenyan Drake v Phili or drop Drake for Henry Ruggs and start Ruggs v Phili?

Suppose not the right place for this but here goes anyway...thoughts on this trade (PPR):

I give D. Swift

I get D. Hopkins and Rams D

In that league I'm 2-4 and reeling since CMC went down and Waller and Robinson struggling.  So this hurts my RBs even more but greatly improves my WRs.  I also have Jefferson on bye this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
C-Bound said:
Suppose not the right place for this but here goes anyway...thoughts on this trade (PPR):

I give D. Swift

I get D. Hopkins and Rams D

In that league I'm 2-4 and reeling since CMC went down and Waller and Robinson struggling.  So this hurts my RBs even more but greatly improves my WRs.  I also have Jefferson on bye this week.
The problem with discussing trades is there are so many other factors to consider.

I love Hopkins, who wouldn't? He doesn't get the volume we are accustomed to but it's still mostly up there and he sure is efficient with what he is getting.

Rams D has been disappointing, mostly, but the talent is still there and are worth gambling on.

Swift is getting almost 18 opportunities per game with 7 of those being targets, nice in PPR. His efficiency is pretty mediocre but he's making up for it with TDs and around 5 receptions.

I think most would say to take Hopkins, and I agree for the.most part. The only questions are will you be able to compete at RB and will you be able to play Waller, Jefferson & Hopkins if Waller starts to produce more?

Alternatively would someone overpay for Waller ATM?

On the surface I say do the trade but you have a lot of other that we can't help you with.

The problem with discussing trades is there are so many other factors to consider.

I love Hopkins, who wouldn't? He doesn't get the volume we are accustomed to but it's still mostly up there and he sure is efficient with what he is getting.

Rams D has been disappointing, mostly, but the talent is still there and are worth gambling on.

Swift is getting almost 18 opportunities per game with 7 of those being targets, nice in PPR. His efficiency is pretty mediocre but he's making up for it with TDs and around 5 receptions.

I think most would say to take Hopkins, and I agree for the.most part. The only questions are will you be able to compete at RB and will you be able to play Waller, Jefferson & Hopkins if Waller starts to produce more?

Alternatively would someone overpay for Waller ATM?

On the surface I say do the trade but you have a lot of other that we can't help you with.

I have guys like Jav. Williams, Pollard, Collins, Dam. Williams at RB so definitely will need some luck to be competitive there.  We are a must start one TE league and yes I can start all those guys. 

I have guys like Jav. Williams, Pollard, Collins, Dam. Williams at RB so definitely will need some luck to be competitive there.  We are a must start one TE league and yes I can start all those guys. 
I am not sure how you stay competitive with those RBs until McCaffrey gets back.  This will be a tough week with Jefferson on the bye for sure but I don't know you make up for it with Hopkins.

Javonte and Pollard are capped by Gordon and Zeke.  Collins may continue to be the lead back in Seattle but Penny is apparently coming back this week and Pete Carrol is already talking him up so I expect Penny to be given every opportunity to carve out as large of a role as he is able.

Damien Williams looked to be a great add two weeks ago but his Covid status last Sunday opened the door for another full blown timeshare.

You also have to factor in that both David Montgomery & Chris Carson will return this season so in 3-5 weeks you essentially lose two options.

Really what you have, in my estimate is maybe four #2 RBs as a best case scenario but more likely you have four flex players.  Love or hate Swift he is a pretty clear #1 RB on his team and has been producing while getting consistent volume.

Eventually, probably sooner than later, you will have to address your RB situation.

Look, it's Hopkins and he can make this deal work even with the drop off at RB but you are 100% paper thin at that position. Probably still should do it.

I am not sure how you stay competitive with those RBs until McCaffrey gets back.  This will be a tough week with Jefferson on the bye for sure but I don't know you make up for it with Hopkins.

Javonte and Pollard are capped by Gordon and Zeke.  Collins may continue to be the lead back in Seattle but Penny is apparently coming back this week and Pete Carrol is already talking him up so I expect Penny to be given every opportunity to carve out as large of a role as he is able.

Damien Williams looked to be a great add two weeks ago but his Covid status last Sunday opened the door for another full blown timeshare.

You also have to factor in that both David Montgomery & Chris Carson will return this season so in 3-5 weeks you essentially lose two options.

Really what you have, in my estimate is maybe four #2 RBs as a best case scenario but more likely you have four flex players.  Love or hate Swift he is a pretty clear #1 RB on his team and has been producing while getting consistent volume.

Eventually, probably sooner than later, you will have to address your RB situation.

Look, it's Hopkins and he can make this deal work even with the drop off at RB but you are 100% paper thin at that position. Probably still should do it.

Agree with everything here.  Granted there is the "shakeup factor" that's attractive as well to me.  I have the #1 waiver priority and Goedert is out there.  Was planning on picking him up and starting him and Waller this week.  Then throwing in for D'ernest, Stevenson, or Penny.  This leaves me with making 2 RBs work (we can start up to 2 TEs, 3 RBs and 5 WRs).  I've been streaming D's and Rams are as good as it gets this week.

I could counter for DJ Moore since this trade was offered to me.  I actually like his upside ROS better than Hopkins.  Definitely has the bigger target share.

Making this a who do I drop question. Used to ask Bloom these all the time.

12 team PPR league with two slots for flex so I can start 4 RBs if I can. Also, I'm 6-0 so I'm thinking more long term here.

Looking to optimize my RB stash by picking up one of R. Penny, J. Patterson, D. Johnson, D. Freeman, or L. Bell.

* Question: Would you drop one of L. Murray or Jamaal Williams for one of the above? If yes, who?

Here are my current RBs:

* RB1: A. Ekeler

* RB2: L. Fournette

* RB3 (for Now): Darell Williams

* RB4 (and flex if healthy): A. Collins

* Bench RBs: Chris Carson (IR), L. Murray, Jamaal Wiliams, R. Stevenson

My gut: Drop Jamaal Williams. 

Thanks

Chaka said:
Bye weeks are going to be a bear this week.  Personally I have Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Stefon Diggs, Mike Williams & Zack Moss out with Kadarius & Michael Thomas unable to offer help.

Question:

Start Kenyan Drake v Phili or drop Drake for Henry Ruggs and start Ruggs v Phili?

This is a tough one.  Without considering drops, I like Ruggs over Drake.  I guess it depends on your RB depth and comfort.  Sticking in my craw, though, that when Jacobs got hurt, Barber saw most of the work - although with Gruden gone, I guess we toss that out the window?

If you really need a win this week, I would lean toward drop/Ruggs.  If you can stomach a loss, probably Drake.

12 team PPR league with two slots for flex so I can start 4 RBs if I can.

Looking to optimize my RB stash by picking up one of R. Penny, J. Patterson, D. Johnson, D. Freeman, or L. Bell.

* Question: Would you drop one of L. Murray or Jamaal Williams for one of the above? If yes, who?

Here are my current RBs:

Thanks
I would swap Patterson for Jamaal Williams if that's doable.  I do worry about Patterson being capped by McKissic due to game flow, but that seems like the better long-term play.

I'm looking to start two of these three RBs this week (one in a flex spot).

Miles Sanders at LV
Chris Edmonds v. Hou
D'Ernest Johnson v. Den

Obviously, we need to learn more about Cleveland's offensive line.  However, it sounds like some of Denver's LB corps will be out.

Ugly as these choices are, I trust Edmonds the least.  Given the past two games, whether it's because they are protecting the injuries he is nursing or the games were blowouts, he seems best used in games that will be marginally competitive.

12 team PPR league with two slots for flex so I can start 4 RBs if I can.

Here are my current RBs:

Thanks

I'd drop Jamal or Murray for either D' Ernest (if you "need" a win this week) or Penny (with the hope that he passes Collins or he is more seriously hurt than advertised).

I'd drop Jamal or Murray for either D' Ernest (if you "need" a win this week) or Penny (with the hope that he passes Collins or he is more seriously hurt than advertised).

Yeah I'm 6-0 so this is definitely for a long term win.

I like the idea of Penny just because I'd have the SEA backfield, but Patterson would seem to be the bigger long term win if Gibson suddenly goes IR and they can't get him right.

Leaning Jamaal Williams (just so I keep a piece of the BALT backfield...more explosive offense than DET).

12 team PPR league with two slots for flex so I can start 4 RBs if I can. Also, I'm 6-0 so I'm thinking more long term here.

Here are my current RBs:

Thanks
Tough one as you already roster so much of the Seattle backfield.  I just like Penny.  He can't stay healthy to save his life and maybe the cumulative injuries have impacted his ability but I think he has the most league winning potential out of that list. They're all long shots but Penny has flashed during his time in this league. He shouldn't have been a first round pick, even if he never got hurt, but he was drafted that high for a reason.

As far as who to drop, I guess I agree with Jamaal.  Can't imagine wanting many shares of that offense.

This is a tough one.  Without considering drops, I like Ruggs over Drake.  I guess it depends on your RB depth and comfort.  Sticking in my craw, though, that when Jacobs got hurt, Barber saw most of the work - although with Gruden gone, I guess we toss that out the window?

If you really need a win this week, I would lean toward drop/Ruggs.  If you can stomach a loss, probably Drake.
Thanks. I have Jacobs and I picked up Drake this week after he flashed so much against Denver, really more to prevent anyone else from picking him up.  But that was before I realized that with the byes I am obligated to start Drake to field a full team. Ruggs seems more attractive this week, I agree.

Miles Sanders at LV
Chris Edmonds v. Hou
D'Ernest Johnson v. Den

Obviously, we need to learn more about Cleveland's offensive line.  However, it sounds like some of Denver's LB corps will be out.

Ugly as these choices are, I trust Edmonds the least.  Given the past two games, whether it's because they are protecting the injuries he is nursing or the games were blowouts, he seems best used in games that will be marginally competitive.
It's tough to argue for or against any of these guys as they have similar issues.  Your biggest upside guys are probably Sanders & Edmonds because we know they can make a week salvaging big play at any moment. They also both catch the ball so if you're PPR that helps raise their floor.  But they both also suffer from bizarre inconsistent usage so huge games are unlikely unless they reel off one of those aforementioned big plays.

D'Ernest Johnson? Who the heck knows? Will he get the bulk of carries? Does he catch? Will Felton eat into touches? Is Cleveland in a full on free fall? Will Baker last the game?  So many red flags.  The good news is the Browns defense is legit...I think, no shame in being lit up by Kyler Murray, and the Browns offense is limited. The run game should be relevant for all four quarters.

I'm at a loss for who to recommend. Johnson and Edmonds are probably where I would go but with zero confidence.

Chaka said:

Question:

Tough call. Both did a lot with very few touches last week. Drake maybe a safer floor… maybe. Ruggs seems to only be valuable with the big play. But that can be VERY valuable. The fear there with what looks like a one dimensional player is you get something like Reagor (who I was high on as a sneaky play) who got open deep twice, but got two huge pass interference calls but nothing to show in the box score.

My gut says Drake.

OK, I finally have an offensive one: 

IDP league, PPR, 6 pt all TD, .1/1 Ru/Re, start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O-FLX

QB, WR1-2, RB1-2, TE1 & O-FLX locked in. 

At WR3 I can choose 1 of the following: 

*Higgins - drafted as my WR3, but difficult to trust) 

*Mooney - Going against a truly terrible passing defense, but with enough pass rush that they could be disruptive to a rookie QB

*AJ Green - the resurgence continues, and his targets & TDs along with it. 

Not for nuthin, my opponent has to start Fields, and has his top 5 players on a BYE.  I know in my heart of hearts that it doesn't matter that I have the WR of my opponent's QB. All that matters is that my WR3 outscores his WR3, and my QB outscores his QB. I know that, but I also know it's demoralizing when his QB hits my WR for 5 catches for 60 yards, and I get 11 points for that while he only gets 3.2 

Also, on paper at least, BAL is 8th against the pass & HOU is 5th against the pass.

Am I crazy to start Mooney over Higgins/Green? 

Am I crazy to start either Green or Mooney over Higgins? 

Who should I start of these 3? 

*Mooney - Going against a truly terrible passing defense, but with enough pass rush that they could be disruptive to a rookie QB

Not for nuthin, my opponent has to start Fields, and has his top 5 players on a BYE.  I know in my heart of hearts that it doesn't matter that I have the WR of my opponent's QB. All that matters is that my WR3 outscores his WR3, and my QB outscores his QB. I know that, but I also know it's demoralizing when his QB hits my WR for 5 catches for 60 yards, and I get 11 points for that while he only gets 3.2 

Also, on paper at least, BAL is 8th against the pass & HOU is 5th against the pass.

Start Mooney.  Best match up and less competition for targets. 

I feel like Mooney is the higher ceiling guy. It will be interesting to see how both he and Arob do if Fields is forced to throw a bunch. I assume they aren't gonna run much against that D. 

It's close between all three. 

FFPC scoring:

Need TWO of the following:

K.Drake vs Phi

B.Aiyuk vs Ind

E.Engram vs Car

Ty Williams vs Cinn

G.Bernard vs Chi

T.Marshall @ NYG

FFPC scoring:

K.Drake vs Phi

B.Aiyuk vs Ind

E.Engram vs Car

Ty Williams vs Cinn

G.Bernard vs Chi

T.Marshall @ NYG
Drake & Marshall for me. 

I face the Higgins/Mooney situation in one of my leagues as well. I currently still have Higgins in and hope that he is healthy but I have been really debating this one as well because I am hoping that Higgins talent will win out and he seems like he is finally healthy but the Tampa matchup could be tasty. However the Bears have not thrown for over 200 passing yards all season which scares me a little.
I don't have Green but I think Mooney is a better play because of the amount of WRs that could have fantasy relevance in Arizona and they also get Ertz this week which is another mouth to feed. 

Chaka said:

This is a tough one, but I'm going with Drake. Seems reasonable that Oakland likes what they saw in last week's Drake film and give him more opportunities.

AJ Dillon or Herbert at RB2?

Bateman or Rashad Penny (if collins looks questionable) at flex?

These choices are on the same team… so could go Herbert and Dillon.

Welcome to the byepocalypse.

Not a WSIS question but a who should I roster question if you don't mind

PPR re-draft league who is the better pick up

Bateman or Hilton?

Three decisions:

Streaming QB:

Wentz @ SF (SNF)

WINSTON @ SEA (MNF)

RB2:

Carter @ NE

Herbert @ TB

MCKISSIC @ GB

Javonte Williams @ CLE (TNF)

Flex:

BATEMAN v CIN

or one of the RBs from above

CAPITALIZED are where I’m leading but I’m like a reed in the wind on two of them. Bateman is 80% chance but still interested in opinions.

TIA

for what it's worth, here is how I approach my line up sometimes. I look at my opponent and I try to assess how big I have to go to have a good chance to beat him. If I need big score, I will most likely go for the hit or miss type of player out of the choices I have in the hopes he goes big. In your case here, you are saying that your opponent has 5 players on bye so looks to me that you should go the route of the most sure thing you have. You won't need a huge score from your WR3 in theory but you can't get a dud either. Of the 3 you are questioning, and based on what I just wrote, I would go with Green. One dud in 6 weeks. 12 to 18 pts every week on PPR....I think it's what you need at WR3 against a guy who has 5 bye weeks. My 2 cents.

Bateman or Hilton?
IMO Bateman

was nice to see T.Y. do something finally but go with the upside. It’s not just helium with Rashod, either. They drafted him to be a target hog alpha and got him involved first week he was back. Hollywood is not a WR1 but as a field stretcher he compliments Bateman and Andrew’s. Very high on him, looked great last week. Crisp route runner who will be Lamar’s go to on third down. Probably do eh the pecking order when it comes to deep shots or RZ looks but should have a decent floor.

If he blossoms like I think he will, he’ll be your steady every week WR3 or Flex.

AJ Dillon or Herbert at RB2?

Bateman or Rashad Penny (if collins looks questionable) at flex?

These choices are on the same team… so could go Herbert and Dillon.

Welcome to the byepocalypse.
AJ seems to have carved out a Pollard type role. Tough to sit Herbert given what he’s done the first two weeks. I am worried about DW taking high value targets/touches in a negative game script.

Maybe I’m alone on this but Bateman is a no brainer.

Chaka said:

This is a tough one, but I'm going with Drake. Seems reasonable that Oakland likes what they saw in last week's Drake film and give him more opportunities.
just feels like Ruggs will have a Torrey Smith career of always teasing what he can do but rarely delivering.

I face the Higgins/Mooney situation in one of my leagues as well. I currently still have Higgins in and hope that he is healthy but I have been really debating this one as well because I am hoping that Higgins talent will win out and he seems like he is finally healthy but the Tampa matchup could be tasty. However the Bears have not thrown for over 200 passing yards all season which scares me a little.
I don't have Green but I think Mooney is a better play because of the amount of WRs that could have fantasy relevance in Arizona and they also get Ertz this week which is another mouth to feed. 
man I don’t think anyone is crazy for sitting Higgins rn

FFPC scoring:

K.Drake vs Phi

B.Aiyuk vs Ind

E.Engram vs Car

Ty Williams vs Cinn

G.Bernard vs Chi

T.Marshall @ NYG
my condolences 

do you have a set of darts?

Drake and….….those darts. Or Marshall, though not due to any rational reasoning.

Miles Sanders at LV
Chris Edmonds v. Hou
D'Ernest Johnson v. Den

Edmonds & Sanders

I really like Johnson for the next 4-5 weeks bc he was decent in the opposite situation last year (when Chubb was out) - hopefully Nick returns soon but D’Ernest will still get the not insignificant Hunt volume. 

For the week though, naw, nope, not a HPD idea.

AJ seems to have carved out a Pollard type role. Tough to sit Herbert given what he’s done the first two weeks. I am worried about DW taking high value targets/touches in a negative game script.

Maybe I’m alone on this but Bateman is a no brainer.
I have Bateman penciled in. I think they continue to ramp him up and Baltimore and Cinci always seem to have easy games.

It’s an odd week for my opponent as well. He had to drop his defense to pick up a QB and looking at his bench (short bench league) I doubt he drops anyone. So it puts me in the position to start with the mindset of a positional points lead of sorts, and wonder whether I want to make safer floor or higher upside decisions.

Here are my current RBs:

Thanks
Presumably this went down but I think Stevenson or Jamaal are both fine to drop. 

I have Bateman penciled in. I think they continue to ramp him up and Baltimore and Cinci always seem to have easy games.

It’s an odd week for my opponent as well. He had to drop his defense to pick up a QB and looking at his bench (short bench league) I doubt he drops anyone. So it puts me in the position to start with the mindset of a positional points lead of sorts, and wonder whether I want to make safer floor or higher upside decisions.
not saying that’s a bad idea but sometimes FF is so random…for me, I feel like it’s best to focus on what is within my sphere and ignore my opponents decisions. but you do you. 

Three decisions:

Streaming QB:

Wentz @ SF (SNF)

WINSTON @ SEA (MNF)

RB2:

Carter @ NE

Herbert @ TB

MCKISSIC @ GB

Javonte Williams @ CLE (TNF)

Flex:

BATEMAN v CIN

or one of the RBs from above

CAPITALIZED are where I’m leading but I’m like a reed in the wind on two of them. Bateman is 80% chance but still interested in opinions.

TIA
Bateman had a good first game, but was only 4-29 on 6 targets. Lamar went to him on a couple of key 3rd down plays so he has confidence in him. He reminded me a little of Michael Thomas the way he was used, except he's faster and smaller, I think 6'2" and 200 lbs. A great complement to Hollywood. I'd lean toward a RB, although maybe I'm underestimating Bateman. And the RBs have tough matchups. 

For you guys considering anything Carolina passing wise...the coach has said they are revamping their offense to run the ball.  Upcoming schedule is on the softer side so lower than average scoring games are likely.

Chaka said:

Question:

Id start Ruggs. I heard Drake only played 12 snaps.

Bateman or Hilton?
I actually dropped Bateman for Hilton last week. Hilton was a WR1 the last 6 games of the year last year and Wentz is better than Rivers IMO. That being said, now Hilton has a quad issue so if I had to do it again I'd probably not.

IMO Bateman

was nice to see T.Y. do something finally but go with the upside. It’s not just helium with Rashod, either. They drafted him to be a target hog alpha and got him involved first week he was back. Hollywood is not a WR1 but as a field stretcher he compliments Bateman and Andrew’s. Very high on him, looked great last week. Crisp route runner who will be Lamar’s go to on third down. Probably do eh the pecking order when it comes to deep shots or RZ looks but should have a decent floor.

If he blossoms like I think he will, he’ll be your steady every week WR3 or Flex.
Yeah I actually think Hilton has more upside though. I can see WR2 upside with Hilton. It wouldnt shock me if hes better than Pittman. Bateman on the other hand has Andrews & a rejuvenized Hollywood to deal with plus a running QB. I do think Bateman has WR3 upside but thats about it.

For you guys considering anything Carolina passing wise...the coach has said they are revamping their offense to run the ball.  Upcoming schedule is on the softer side so lower than average scoring games are likely.
I think he believes that...until they fall behind. Every team wants to run the ball, but when you're down by more than a touchdown, it's easier said than done.

What are people doing for streaming QBs this week? I'm still trying to find my Wilson replacement. Daniel Jones last week was a disaster, but I may go back to the well vs Carolina this week because I'm a masochist. Main alternative is Ryan with a great match-up vs. Miami. Could also go Wentz @ SF or Mac vs NYJ (If Tua were available I'd take him in a second.)

for what it's worth, here is how I approach my line up sometimes. I look at my opponent and I try to assess how big I have to go to have a good chance to beat him. If I need big score, I will most likely go for the hit or miss type of player out of the choices I have in the hopes he goes big. In your case here, you are saying that your opponent has 5 players on bye so looks to me that you should go the route of the most sure thing you have. You won't need a huge score from your WR3 in theory but you can't get a dud either. Of the 3 you are questioning, and based on what I just wrote, I would go with Green. One dud in 6 weeks. 12 to 18 pts every week on PPR....I think it's what you need at WR3 against a guy who has 5 bye weeks. My 2 cents.
Funny, I do the exact opposite. I don't look at my opponent's team at all. I don't want to cloud my judgment based on what they have. I want to focus on my team so I can pick the guys I think will score the most points. The opponent doesn't affect my players, so I eliminate that distraction. 

It also increases my football-watching enjoyment. I have no idea who my opponent has, so I can have fun watching some great plays with no clue that they're torching my team until later that night. 

Your plan seems fine, too. 

What are people doing for streaming QBs this week? I'm still trying to find my Wilson replacement. Daniel Jones last week was a disaster, but I may go back to the well vs Carolina this week because I'm a masochist. Main alternative is Ryan with a great match-up vs. Miami. Could also go Wentz @ SF or Mac vs NYJ (If Tua were available I'd take him in a second.)
All my QBs in 3 leagues have a bye this week.

In one league I added Ryan with all his weapons back vs a weak MIA defense (and hoping the MIA CBs are out again). Tua is available but despite the matchup I think I trust Ryan more.

In another league Im rolling with Carr whos been solid all year. Tua is also available here but again I trust Carr more.

In my 10 team league I havent decided yet. Ryan, Carr, and Tua are available. Im not sure who to drop yet so I may wait until later in the week and add whoever isnt picked by another team. Not sure what order I like them but Im starting both Ridley and CPat in this league so would probably lean Carr to not have too many eggs in one basket.

Funny, I do the exact opposite. I don't look at my opponent's team at all. I don't want to cloud my judgment based on what they have. I want to focus on my team so I can pick the guys I think will score the most points. The opponent doesn't affect my players, so I eliminate that distraction. 

It also increases my football-watching enjoyment. I have no idea who my opponent has, so I can have fun watching some great plays with no clue that they're torching my team until later that night. 

Your plan seems fine, too. 
I started doing the exact same thing a couple years ago. Best decision I ever made. It's fun to root for my own players. It's not fun to root against someone else's. Also, as I play in more and more leagues, it's pretty much guaranteed that everyone who's on my roster in one league is on my opponent's in another, so I avoid the cognitive dissonance of who to cheer for.

I also don't obsess over the projected score throughout the day as it changes. Not worth the agita.

I do check the lineups at around 7:00 Sunday, so I know who my opponent has for SNF/MNF. But I'm wondering if I should even do that

Users who are viewing this thread