What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much would you pay for a 1 week QB replacement in a start 1QB league? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
14 teams PPR, start 1QB.  It's a devy league where we have a separate devy and rookie (current) drafts.  2nd and 3rd rounders are worth far less in this league due to the format.   

Matt Ryan

Carson Wentz

Jiimmy G (I have Lance)

Basically nothing of consequence in a dynasty league.  It's one week so no need to go overboard.....unless it insures you make it to the playoffs.  

Basically nothing of consequence in a dynasty league.  It's one week so no need to go overboard.....unless it insures you make it to the playoffs.  
Ended up trading De'Ernest Johnson and a late 2nd for Matt Ryan.  He will fill the need nicely for week 7, then hit the bench afterwards.  My QBs were Lawerence (bye), Ben (bye), and Lance (hurt).  I wouldn't have played Johnson anyway and a late 2nd in this format isn't like a late 2nd in a 12 team league with just a rookie draft.

It almost looks like Ryan could be your starter going forward. Next years draft isn’t great so losing the 2nd to me isn’t a big deal but I’d normally not do a trade like that in a normal year I’d just leave the position open and see what happened 

It almost looks like Ryan could be your starter going forward. Next years draft isn’t great so losing the 2nd to me isn’t a big deal but I’d normally not do a trade like that in a normal year I’d just leave the position open and see what happened 
I'm in position to make the playoffs in this 14 team league, so getting Ryan for at least week 7 makes sense, since 2nd rd picks in devy leagues, with separate drafts for devy and rookies carry less value than it does in 12 team dynasty leagues with just the rookie draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are all 32 starting QBs rostered?

Surprised in a start 1.QB league that would be the case.

Are all 32 starting QBs rostered?

Surprised in a start 1.QB league that would be the case.
Yes they are all rostered.  14 team league.  Every team has at least 2, so that just leaves 4 teams with more than 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyU said:
I'm in position to make the playoffs in this 14 team league, so getting Ryan for at least week 7 makes sense, since 2nd rd picks in devy leagues, with separate drafts for devy and rookies carry less value than it does in 12 team dynasty leagues with just the rookie draft.
I’m not familiar with that format but I believe you made the correct decision as I totally respect your takes on this forum.  In my dynasty league picks are basically gold and rather than trade one for Ryan for a one week rental I’d rather just punt the position for the week and keep the pick and resign myself to lose that week but my take is totally based on what I’d do in that league and not in your particular situation. You made the right move trading for Ryan I believe 

Users who are viewing this thread