What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The TRUTH Shall Set You Free (1 Viewer)

Sinn Fein

Footballguy
This press release reporters are getting is legit - confirmed to me by sources close to former President Trump. He is launching a media company with a social media platform called “TRUTH Social”.

link to press release

“I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech. We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,” the 45th president added.

“This is unacceptable. I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon,” said Trump. “TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I’m excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech.”

Comedy aside, this appears to be a way for Trump to take on a cash infusion by way of this merger into an existing company, sitting on a pile of cash.

This press release reporters are getting is legit - confirmed to me by sources close to former President Trump. He is launching a media company with a social media platform called “TRUTH Social”.

link to press release

“I created TRUTH Social and TMTG to stand up to the tyranny of Big Tech. We live in a world where the Taliban has a huge presence on Twitter, yet your favorite American President has been silenced,” the 45th president added.

“This is unacceptable. I am excited to send out my first TRUTH on TRUTH Social very soon,” said Trump. “TMTG was founded with a mission to give a voice to all. I’m excited to soon begin sharing my thoughts on TRUTH Social and to fight back against Big Tech.”

Comedy aside, this appears to be a way for Trump to take on a cash infusion by way of this merger into an existing company, sitting on a pile of cash.
Are you implying he is only in it for the money and not considering it is exactly as it is said to be?

If so, I don't think that would be the case.  President Trump could have (and still could) make a lot more money in a lot less intensive ways.  

I don't think it is about the money at all, although some may see that as an easy target. If anything, he is the exception.

He donated his salary each year he was President. 

He left office with nearly a Billion less in net worth than when he entered. 

Contrarily, several presidents before him made extensive efforts to amass fortunes while "serving the public". 

Obama:  Entered worth $1.3M.  Left worth $70 M.

G.W. Bush: Entered $20M. Left worth $40M.

Clinton: Entered $1.3M.  Left worth $241M. 

You have to go back to Harry Truman to find a president leaving office that didn't multiply his wealth and you have to go all the way back to Thomas Jefferson to find a president other than Trump who left office with less than he entered with.  

Contrarily, several presidents before him made extensive efforts to amass fortunes while "serving the public". 

Doesn't that just prove the others were better businessmen?  (or created better economic environments...)

-Trumpism

Doesn't that just prove the others were better businessmen?  (or created better economic environments...)

-Trumpism
No. I don't think you can make that case any more than another person might say "Doesn't that just show how greedy some of these presidents were...corrupt even, possibly"?

For people who are unable to separate emotion from the information and logic in front of them, those folks will connect the dots to complete their self-fulfilling prophesies on these matters.  

His online diary will get the IPO treatment now?
No IPO - as I understand it.

He is merging the Tech Business into an existing NASDAQ company.  So it will already be publicly traded.  Per the news release - they are valuing Trump's new technology company between $875M and $1.7B before it opens its doors.

Harry Truman to find a president leaving office that didn't multiply his wealth and you have to go all the way back to Thomas Jefferson to find a president other than Trump who left office with less than he entered with. 
Not worth addressing all the Trump BS in your post, but FYI the Truman stuff is pure myth

No IPO - as I understand it.

He is merging the Tech Business into an existing NASDAQ company.  So it will already be publicly traded.  Per the news release - they are valuing Trump's new technology company between $875M and $1.7B before it opens its doors.
Yes, the idea behind a SPAC is that you take a private company public without an actual IPO. However, it will still be a public company subject to SEC oversight. Last time Trump tried that, it didn't work out so well.

Yes, the idea behind a SPAC is that you take a private company public without an actual IPO. However, it will still be a public company subject to SEC oversight. Last time Trump tried that, it didn't work out so well.
To be fair, Trump is really good at losing other people's money.  This will undoubtedly lose a lot of money also.

This particular transaction is really just a fancy licensing deal, using Trump's name, but not his money.

Are you implying he is only in it for the money and not considering it is exactly as it is said to be?

If so, I don't think that would be the case.  President Trump could have (and still could) make a lot more money in a lot less intensive ways.  

I don't think it is about the money at all, although some may see that as an easy target. If anything, he is the exception.

You have to go back to Harry Truman to find a president leaving office that didn't multiply his wealth and you have to go all the way back to Thomas Jefferson to find a president other than Trump who left office with less than he entered with.  
You don’t think this dude puts his, your, everyone’s measure at how much money they have? 

Not worth addressing all the Trump BS in your post, but FYI the Truman stuff is pure myth
I could link contrary info to your statement but that is not the point.  If you want to come here to discuss then, by all means, discuss. But if you come here and show your colors and instead of wanting to add to a discussion but, instead, just send out a one-liner that categorically dismisses other people, then don't be surprised when you aren't any better leaving than when you arrived. 

I said exactly 3 things about Donald Trump:

-he donated his salary each year in office.

-He left office worth less than when he entered. 

-He could make more money in less intensive ways. 

If you want to unpack where "all the BS" is in that, let's hear it.  But you can't. You're just the common, typical Trump hater that tuned out as soon as you saw the name Trump and you immediately dismissed it. Congratulations. You added nothing. You learned nothing. You helped no one. 

@sho nuff

@dozer

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/u-s-presidents-net-worth-before-and-after-taking-office/ss-BB1f4WIJ

Take it up with MSN if you want to.

NO idea what you mean.  The dude (Trump?) put my, your, everyone's ??measure??  
Trump is obsessed with wealth and his image, it's his entire existence. It drives him to such extreme levels that he has convinced himself of bizarre things like he won the last election, that he would have won the first election's popular vote if not for illegal votes, etc.

Of course his latest scam is about money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump is obsessed with wealth and his image, it's his entire existence. It drives him to such extreme levels that he has convinced himself of bizarre things like he won the last election, that he would have won the first election if not for illegal votes, etc.

Of course his latest scam is about money.
If you want to ignore his history of how he stands on one issue and assign him to your drawn conclusion over another then you are free to do so, of course. Assume away. 

Do you think Stacy Abrams has the same issue because, to my knowledge, she still thinks she won the governor race in Georgia.  Would you (or any of us) be as quick to take that stance or anything from anybody's stance on something, and parlay that into another stark assumption?  

That would be akin to me saying something like " Joe Biden is so obsessed with little kids and doing creepy things that if he ever starts a foundation for orphans, he must have a very sinister agenda behind it that is nefarious in nature and it can NOT, under any circumstances, be that he intended to do something helpful of selfless or adding awareness to an issue."  

A lot of you guys around here are self-incarcerating yourself into a prison of two outcomes. Any time...ANYTIME somebody says something about anything related to Trump...you guys are on it like a hobo on a hot dog.  And if it's something about Biden, it's "rally and protect to the death".  There ARE outcomes to statements that lie somewhere outside "for this, against that" and "love this because I hate that".  

I could link contrary info to your statement but that is not the point.  If you want to come here to discuss then, by all means, discuss. But if you come here and show your colors and instead of wanting to add to a discussion but, instead, just send out a one-liner that categorically dismisses other people, then don't be surprised when you aren't any better leaving than when you arrived. 

I said exactly 3 things about Donald Trump:

-he donated his salary each year in office.

-He left office worth less than when he entered. 

-He could make more money in less intensive ways. 

If you want to unpack where "all the BS" is in that, let's hear it.  But you can't. You're just the common, typical Trump hater that tuned out as soon as you saw the name Trump and you immediately dismissed it. Congratulations. You added nothing. You learned nothing. You helped no one. 
Trump's wealth went down because his brand is shot and the pandemic. His brand going down the tubes is his fault, the pandemic has hit commercial real estate, hotel/resort industry.

yep.  now look at Biden.  On the government dole for 50 years. my complete disdain for government is justified.  IMHO

To be fair, Trump is really good at losing other people's money.  This will undoubtedly lose a lot of money also.

This particular transaction is really just a fancy licensing deal, using Trump's name, but not his money.
possible for sure.  let the buyer beware.  would have typed the Latin version but no way I come close right now for even spell check to help.

If you want to ignore his history of how he stands on one issue and assign him to your drawn conclusion over another then you are free to do so, of course. Assume away. 

Do you think Stacy Abrams has the same issue because, to my knowledge, she still thinks she won the governor race in Georgia.  Would you (or any of us) be as quick to take that stance or anything from anybody's stance on something, and parlay that into another stark assumption?  

That would be akin to me saying something like " Joe Biden is so obsessed with little kids and doing creepy things that if he ever starts a foundation for orphans, he must have a very sinister agenda behind it that is nefarious in nature and it can NOT, under any circumstances, be that he intended to do something helpful of selfless or adding awareness to an issue."  

A lot of you guys around here are self-incarcerating yourself into a prison of two outcomes. Any time...ANYTIME somebody says something about anything related to Trump...you guys are on it like a hobo on a hot dog.  And if it's something about Biden, it's "rally and protect to the death".  There ARE outcomes to statements that lie somewhere outside "for this, against that" and "love this because I hate that".  
It's my assessment that Trump is a scammer with a long history of cheesy schemes. I'll put this latest venture in that category. I wish him well.

I laughed at the donation of salary as if that was ever meaningful given what his businesses were pulling from hosting government events.

His net worth likely (IMO) decreased from more scrutiny on what he was ever actually worth…plus a loss from his own behavior and people realizing a Trump brand was no longer a sign of luxury.  In addition a pandemic will affect the worth of…oh, I don’t know, international hotels and properties reliant upon tourism?

But come on…dont even try telling me he wasn’t in that for himself.  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's my assessment that Trump is a scammer with a long history of cheesy schemes. I'll put this latest venture in that category. I wish him well.
I like your new persona in that you are not as hate filled as a year ago.  much more humor & not as much hate.  appreciate it.

sorry to talk about a poster.

Trump's wealth went down because his brand is shot and the pandemic. His brand going down the tubes is his fault, the pandemic has hit commercial real estate, hotel/resort industry.
You speak very matter-of-factly about that.  Almost as if you know for certain that it has nothing to do with

-The fact he didn't earn a penny from salary for 4 years (try that and report to us if you came out better or worse)

-That he pulled income streams from ANYWHERE that might have even remotely appeared as a conflict of interest in hundreds of places around the world while he was in office.  Do you have any idea how much each and every of his DC hotel rooms go for, how close they are for travelers to the mall area, how much he forfeited by telling people they can't stay there because he would be criticized when he went from private entrepreneur to public servant?  

-You speak like the worldwide pandemic didn't negatively impact most if not all people who happen to own and operate real estate.  You don't think its been a rough few years for lots of people renting and leasing?

Etc, etc, etc.  But you're burying the lead in the obituaries here. The point is he is doing something now that he thinks is important for freedom to people.  He, factually, is the first president in a few centuries pretty much who hasn't used the WH to stockpile a fortune (which, funny enough, seems to be that you condone public officials using political power to stockpile money and its almost 100% guaranteed that if he had left office with $5Billion, many of you would be witch hunting him and pointing at that as "proof" of corruption and intention of a money agenda.

It is clear-twist it to take it off topic and make the story what YOU want it to be about. And if it doesn't fit, then move the goal posts a little bit.  Take it from what he is actually doing to forecasting what you think it's about (and it's bad, people...let me tell you, is what you say). And if you are questioned about that, change it again and attack his personal brand and character and present it as if he's the only real estate giant who took a hit during a global pandemic. That's what you want to do. But that is not what this is about. 

Do you ever asses and discuss Biden's behavior or anyone else's...or is it just Trump you attack?

I laughed at the donation of salary as if that was ever meaningful given what his businesses were pulling from hosting government events.

His net worth likely (IMO) decreased from more scrutiny on what he was ever actually worth…plus a loss from his own behavior and people realizing a Trump brand was no longer a sign of luxury.  In addition a pandemic will affect the worth of…oh, I don’t know, international hotels and properties reliant upon tourism?

But come on…dont even try telling me he wasn’t in that for himself.  
Oh, a sitting president of the United States donating his entire salary  of $400,000 to various causes every year certainly is meaningful to the citizens of the country but you missed it completely. 

Social media needs more competition. I look forward to it. It will be interesting to see if they can actually make money at it. Good luck to TRUTH Social.

You speak very matter-of-factly about that.  Almost as if you know for certain that it has nothing to do with

-The fact he didn't earn a penny from salary for 4 years (try that and report to us if you came out better or worse)

-That he pulled income streams from ANYWHERE that might have even remotely appeared as a conflict of interest in hundreds of places around the world while he was in office.  Do you have any idea how much each and every of his DC hotel rooms go for, how close they are for travelers to the mall area, how much he forfeited by telling people they can't stay there because he would be criticized when he went from private entrepreneur to public servant?  

-You speak like the worldwide pandemic didn't negatively impact most if not all people who happen to own and operate real estate.  You don't think its been a rough few years for lots of people renting and leasing?

Etc, etc, etc.  But you're burying the lead in the obituaries here. The point is he is doing something now that he thinks is important for freedom to people.  He, factually, is the first president in a few centuries pretty much who hasn't used the WH to stockpile a fortune (which, funny enough, seems to be that you condone public officials using political power to stockpile money and its almost 100% guaranteed that if he had left office with $5Billion, many of you would be witch hunting him and pointing at that as "proof" of corruption and intention of a money agenda.

It is clear-twist it to take it off topic and make the story what YOU want it to be about. And if it doesn't fit, then move the goal posts a little bit.  Take it from what he is actually doing to forecasting what you think it's about (and it's bad, people...let me tell you, is what you say). And if you are questioned about that, change it again and attack his personal brand and character and present it as if he's the only real estate giant who took a hit during a global pandemic. That's what you want to do. But that is not what this is about. 
Yes I imagine many commercial real estate holders personal wealth went down during the pandemic. Trump isn't alone there, trying times indeed. I thought I was clear about that in previous posts. Sorry.

That his brand took a huge hit and subsequently impacted his wealth is HIS fault. You piss off 50% of the country and you are in the brand business, well guess what, that's bad for business. 

In any case he is still very wealthy and I have no doubt he will continue to make lots of money. Good on him.

Incidentally, I'd welcome a breakdown of how much money Don charged for his "working" vacays at his own properties over those 4 years. We could deduct money he lost in telling people not to stay at his properties (I didn't know this was a thing TBH) from that tally.

Regardless, I welcome getting back on the main topic of this thread. This TRUTH venture. To the bolded - I couldn't disagree with you more here. This is his latest scam. He's throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. Good luck in his new social media empire. I won't be participating :lol:

Fantasyland 

link to press release

A voice to all?  I look forward to the Taliban’s huge presence on Truth Social. 

Yes I imagine many commercial real estate holders personal wealth went down during the pandemic. Trump isn't alone there, trying times indeed. I thought I was clear about that in previous posts. Sorry.

That his brand took a huge hit and subsequently impacted his wealth is HIS fault. You piss off 50% of the country and you are in the brand business, well guess what, that's bad for business. 

In any case he is still very wealthy and I have no doubt he will continue to make lots of money. Good on him.

Incidentally, I'd welcome a breakdown of how much money Don charged for his "working" vacays at his own properties over those 4 years. We could deduct money he lost in telling people not to stay at his properties (I didn't know this was a thing TBH) from that tally.

Regardless, I welcome getting back on the main topic of this thread. This TRUTH venture. To the bolded - I couldn't disagree with you more here. This is his latest scam. He's throwing stuff at the wall to see if it sticks. Good luck in his new social media empire. I won't be participating :lol:
Think of it as you will.  I am sure there are many people out there that say everything the Biden administration rolls out on a daily basis is just their latest "scam".  Guess we call it what we will but, just my opinion, if we could say both are true conditions, at least what Trump is doing is business making money and not politics ruining a country. 

I absolutely agree with @Shutout. This isn’t about money at all.

This is instead about Trump’s ego. His tremendous narcissism cannot deal with the fact that he’s been effectively silenced by Twitter and Facebook. He has to be the center of attention and this is the only way he sees to do it. 

Fantasyland 
I don't know why but every time one of you guys throw out 3-4 posts back at someone and then you just can't resist posting a one word, dismissive reply, I can't help but think of it as like when you're significant other is super mad but they got nothing so they just say "Fine!" or "Whatever!" or "nothing". 

Think of it as you will.  I am sure there are many people out there that say everything the Biden administration rolls out on a daily basis is just their latest "scam".  Guess we call it what we will but, just my opinion, if we could say both are true conditions, at least what Trump is doing is business making money and not politics ruining a country. 
Probably won't shock you...but I disagree  :lol:  

What do you see the typical DJT TRUTH (is this what the posts are to be called) discussing? How long until he goes on about his stolen election delusions...I'll set the O/U at 4.5 TRUTHS.

I dunno, if I can convince other posters to follow my lead and not bother engaging with you and your word salads, I think that will be a huge help to the forum as a whole.

Also, people should read that Truman article. It's really interesting.

Appreciate the congrats.

I absolutely agree with @Shutout. This isn’t about money at all.

This is instead about Trump’s ego. His tremendous narcissism cannot deal with the fact that he’s been effectively silenced by Twitter and Facebook. He has to be the center of attention and this is the only way he sees to do it. 
I think there is a kernel of truth in that. Not to the degree a lot of people will take it but, yeah, that's part of his personality, just like it is to most super successful people who make fortunes. They all, by and large, are going to have some of those tendencies. I don't like that we saw that side of things with him sometimes but I don't condemn him for it, either, because it exists among a lot of high achievers. 

Probably won't shock you...but I disagree  :lol:  

What do you see the typical DJT TRUTH (is this what the posts are to be called) discussing? How long until he goes on about his stolen election delusions...I'll set the O/U at 4.5 TRUTHS.
I think you misinterpret what I meant.  I meant Trump's activities are centered around money making while Biden's activities are crushing the country. 

But to answer, Yeah, it will be heavy-handed about politics because that is the source and that is the audience.  It would be like if Tim the tool man Taylor opened one of these. He would talk about tools and power and his audience would come expecting that.  

I think there is a kernel of truth in that. Not to the degree a lot of people will take it but, yeah, that's part of his personality, just like it is to most super successful people who make fortunes. They all, by and large, are going to have some of those tendencies. I don't like that we saw that side of things with him sometimes but I don't condemn him for it, either, because it exists among a lot of high achievers. 
I know a lot of very wealthy people and very few of them want to be in the spotlight at all. 

I dunno, if I can convince other posters to follow my lead and not bother engaging with you and your word salads, I think that will be a huge help to the forum as a whole.

Also, people should read that Truman article. It's really interesting.

Appreciate the congrats.
I didn't know you were running an anti-Shutout campaign wishing to silence my voice here.  I guess I appreciate the level of enthrallment you have taken to me. Be mindful though, your opinion may not correlate with that of others...and that's ok.  

I know a lot of very wealthy people and very few of them want to be in the spotlight at all. 
sure. And I think we can all say we know the exact opposite is true also. For every Barry Sanders there seems to be a dozen Ocho Cincos.  Probably the reason Tik Tok, Instagram, FB, Twitter is so popular.  There just seems to be some unhealthy notion ingrained these days that everyone NEEDS to know what we are eating, what we think about everything.... 

I think you misinterpret what I meant.  I meant Trump's activities are centered around money making while Biden's activities are crushing the country. 

But to answer, Yeah, it will be heavy-handed about politics because that is the source and that is the audience.  It would be like if Tim the tool man Taylor opened one of these. He would talk about tools and power and his audience would come expecting that.  
Is this code for a "lies"? This discourse is destroying the country as much as any political party implementing polices you personally disagree with. 

Is this code for a "lies"? This discourse is destroying the country as much as any political party implementing polices you personally disagree with. 
I don't speak in codes. I said and meant I expect it to be about politics...quite a lot...because the person bringing it to you is a politician and initially most people who participate will want to connect the common ground of their political interests and what they know of him and his political history. 

Users who are viewing this thread