What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The TRUTH Shall Set You Free (1 Viewer)

I don't speak in codes. I said and meant I expect it to be about politics...quite a lot...because the person bringing it to you is a politician and initially most people who participate will want to connect the common ground of their political interests and what they know of him and his political history. 
"Heavy-handed" politics sounds like lies about his stolen election, etc. If it's to make money or to spread his lies it's not helpful. It's a free country.

If this thing has user generated content I look forward to seeing how they moderate that.

"Heavy-handed" politics sounds like lies about his stolen election, etc. If it's to make money or to spread his lies it's not helpful. It's a free country.

If this thing has user generated content I look forward to seeing how they moderate that.
Heavy-handed =lots of emphasis about politics without a lot of mincing of words. 

I think it will have user-generated content because they are accepting beta testers with an avenue for input. 

Heavy-handed =lots of emphasis about politics without a lot of mincing of words. 

I think it will have user-generated content because they are accepting beta testers with an avenue for input. 
What would you call a TRUTH from DJT about a stolen election, recounts in AZ that prove it, etc?

User generated content means they have to start moderating content. Good luck TRUTHERS :lol:

What would you call a TRUTH from DJT about a stolen election, recounts in AZ that prove it, etc?

User generated content means they have to start moderating content. Good luck TRUTHERS :lol:
I'm out for the day but Not ignoring your question.  Let's talk about this next time. I DO think it will be interesting to discuss (new platform...what it may be...good...bad...etc). 

I don't know why but every time one of you guys throw out 3-4 posts back at someone and then you just can't resist posting a one word, dismissive reply, I can't help but think of it as like when you're significant other is super mad but they got nothing so they just say "Fine!" or "Whatever!" or "nothing". 
Huh? I don’t post at all in this thread… I clicked one laughing emoji. You are making things up. That’s why I’m dismissive.

I don’t have the figures but considering all of millions Trump has raised in the stop the steal scam, the government functions held at Trump properties and the number of times he spent golfing I’m sure he came out way ahead on the $400k salary donated.

But he didn’t have to do that so I’ll give him credit where credit is due.

That said anything with the word Truth and DJT is laughable considering the whoppers that come out of his mouth, especially the lie that he won this election.

If he wants to be the source of truth then he needs to come clean with his supporters and admit that he lost and the whole election fraud stuff was baloney from the start.

Cool. A social media site where DJT can lie unfettered daily and anyone who calls him out on said lies will be banned. Sounds really neat. Gullible folks will enjoy it I suppose. I just don't think it'll be as popular as he thinks it might. Even still, getting 35% of social media users to sign up will likely be lucrative for him.

I put the over/under on the first posted lie by DJT at 1/1.

Cool. A social media site where DJT can lie unfettered daily and anyone who calls him out on said lies will be banned. Sounds really neat. Gullible folks will enjoy it I suppose. I just don't think it'll be as popular as he thinks it might. Even still, getting 35% of social media users to sign up will likely be lucrative for him.

I put the over/under on the first posted lie by DJT at 1/1.
It sounds about as open to other POVs as pillowguy's site.  

I absolutely agree with @Shutout. This isn’t about money at all.

This is instead about Trump’s ego. His tremendous narcissism cannot deal with the fact that he’s been effectively silenced by Twitter and Facebook. He has to be the center of attention and this is the only way he sees to do it. 

if facebook and twitter silenced conservative voices .... would you call their reactions the same ?

The chairman/CEO of Digital World Acquisition Group that is merging with Trump’s new media company, is also CEO of Yunhong International, a Cayman Islands incorporated blank check company with headquarters in Wuhan, China.

The chairman/CEO of Digital World Acquisition Group that is merging with Trump’s new media company, is also CEO of Yunhong International, a Cayman Islands incorporated blank check company with headquarters in Wuhan, China.

Has Faucci weighed in on the Wuhan association yet?

All of his PACs and SuperPACs.
Yeah, I almost said "... other than his hostile takeover of the GOP".

Seriously, though. Whatever you think of it, Apprentice was a big moneymaker for everyone involved: Trump, Burnett, NBC. But since then, he's put a lot of money in Scottish golf courses (disaster), DC hotel (already closed), Trump University (scam), various consumer products like Trump Water, Trump Steaks, Trump Vodka (all went bust). I don't claim to fully understand his real-estate dealings, but it seems like they mostly involved helping Eastern European oligarchs launder their fortunes. I suppose that made him some money, but I wouldn't really call it building a business.

Trump's ego is wrapped around money.  His wealth has always defined how he saw himself.  This is no different.

Why can't Trump speak the truth on Parler?  The reason he doesn't is that there is no financial benefit for him to do so.
the answer to that is clear and obvious. Parler didn't have the position to actually speak freely which is the exact reason the platform is being created. It was at the mercy of Amazon hosting and Apple and Google Stores, etc. They can't even guarantee that they can stay online now even after making several concessions to Apple.  It should be very clear.  A few of you are tossing it out there like "oh here we go, just Trump being egomaniacal Trump" but the truth is you or I or any of the others here would do the same if we could and maintain as much control as we can in our lives. David Chapelle retains "no editing" rights to Netflix so they can't alter his comedy without huge consequences. Donald Trump will control his platform.  You and I (maybe not you, dunno, but me for sure) am not a billionaire so I have to settle for something less like perhaps I own a car and choose when it is driven and by whom instead of relying on Uber and buses.  Maybe somebody else here has their own blog or FF site because they don't want to rely on the blog editor to Ok them getting published. 

the answer to that is clear and obvious. Parler didn't have the position to actually speak freely which is the exact reason the platform is being created. It was at the mercy of Amazon hosting and Apple and Google Stores, etc. They can't even guarantee that they can stay online now even after making several concessions to Apple.  It should be very clear.  A few of you are tossing it out there like "oh here we go, just Trump being egomaniacal Trump" but the truth is you or I or any of the others here would do the same if we could and maintain as much control as we can in our lives. David Chapelle retains "no editing" rights to Netflix so they can't alter his comedy without huge consequences. Donald Trump will control his platform.  You and I (maybe not you, dunno, but me for sure) am not a billionaire so I have to settle for something less like perhaps I own a car and choose when it is driven and by whom instead of relying on Uber and buses.  Maybe somebody else here has their own blog or FF site because they don't want to rely on the blog editor to Ok them getting published. 
I other words, if you have enough money you can lie unfettered, and grift money with the help of other unscrupulous actors.

Maybe somebody else here has their own blog or FF site because they don't want to rely on the blog editor to Ok them getting published. 
I know a certain fake University Headmaster who had his own blog, that lasted for 29 days. 

I other words, if you have enough money you can lie unfettered, and grift money with the help of other unscrupulous actors.
That's how Hunter and Joe Biden seem to work it, yes. But to stay on what said and not what you took it as-

Whether the name is Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, George Soros, LeBron James, or any other very wealthy/highly influential person,  with wealth/power/influence, etc comes the ability to do things most of us never do. Sometimes it is for great things. Other times not, and mostly, somewhere square in the middle that some will support and others will reject. 

I don't think Hunter Biden possessed enough skill to position himself as he has as either a board member or an artist. But he has and although I may not like his platform, I'm not going to do as a lot of Trump bashers here do and pretend that it is unique only unto him and it defines his existence and threatens the world. 

Somewhere out there, there are people who don't like Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos but even if those people do not agree with them and even if those people think those people threaten something in their lives on some level, it doesn't prevent those people from utilizing their ability on the platform they create. The difference is only in the degree that some are villainized based on other factors that people use in forming their opinion of these people. 

"Just two hours after Trump Media and Technology Group announced TRUTH Social, a group of Twitter users managed to access the beta website and make accounts with usernames like @donaldtrump and @mikepence. This beta website isn’t supposed to go live until November, but as reported by Insider, people simply guessed its URL to gain early access."

Good start.

Shutout said:
Parler was booted for not moderating calls for violence. How will Truth handle this? We know that making fun of TRUTH will be moderated :lol:

Shutout said:
That's how Hunter and Joe Biden seem to work it, yes. But to stay on what said and not what you took it as-

Whether the name is Warren Buffet, Jeff Bezos, George Soros, LeBron James, or any other very wealthy/highly influential person,  with wealth/power/influence, etc comes the ability to do things most of us never do. Sometimes it is for great things. Other times not, and mostly, somewhere square in the middle that some will support and others will reject. 

I don't think Hunter Biden possessed enough skill to position himself as he has as either a board member or an artist. But he has and although I may not like his platform, I'm not going to do as a lot of Trump bashers here do and pretend that it is unique only unto him and it defines his existence and threatens the world. 

Somewhere out there, there are people who don't like Bill Gates or Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos but even if those people do not agree with them and even if those people think those people threaten something in their lives on some level, it doesn't prevent those people from utilizing their ability on the platform they create. The difference is only in the degree that some are villainized based on other factors that people use in forming their opinion of these people. 
Who the hell is talking about Hunter Biden? What the???

Parler was booted for not moderating calls for violence. How will Truth handle this? We know that making fun of TRUTH will be moderated :lol:
Parler was a lot of issues and quite frankly, it isn't worth it to discuss because the hypocrisy is immense. 

DWAC the company/stock that is backing Trump is up 190 percent today,  Trump will make a ton of cash on the deal.  Interesting this is announced on a day when a new CNBC poll shows Biden approval rating dips to 41 percent.

I've always said.  Anything with TRUTH or LIBERTY or FREEDOM or PATRIOT in the title, is usually the opposite.
This is the methodology of pseudo-revolutionary guerillas in developing countries throughout the world. The United Patriotic Peoples Liberation Army or some such is good branding if you want people to think you're the good guy even when you topple a country and proffer destruction, chaos and often bloodshed. 

DWAC the company/stock that is backing Trump is up 190 percent today,  Trump will make a ton of cash on the deal.  Interesting this is announced on a day when a new CNBC poll shows Biden approval rating dips to 41 percent.
316% currently.  FWIW

he's not the only one

Trump makes money/success, its what he does

There won't be any of that.  :mellow:

Truth Social’s listing on Apple’s App Store said the site will be a place for families with “varied opinions” to come “together to have an amazing time and share their viewpoints of the world

I have no doubt that Trump will make a lot of money on this. Many startups make their founders/early investors a lot of money regardless if they succeed or not. I would not want to be the person holding the bag in about 6 months though.

I have no doubt that Trump will make a lot of money on this. Many startups make their founders/early investors a lot of money regardless if they succeed or not. I would not want to be the person holding the bag in about 6 months though.

100% 

This whole venture reminds me of what I thought about raising children before I actually had children.  Parents were lazy and didn't discipline their children. They put them on drugs so that they didn't have to parent etc.  It's a philosophy I couldn't be more wrong or embarrassed about. I feel like they are going down the same path here and have no idea what they are attempting to get in to. 

Yup...if you're gonna buy/sell, do it now and make some money before people are paying real attention then get out.  

Good news is all those whining about the conspiracies of "big tech" suppressing peoples' voice because those companies won't let them use their platform to shout their nonsense have a place to go now....win/win.

Yup...if you're gonna buy/sell, do it now and make some money before people are paying real attention then get out.  

Good news is all those whining about the conspiracies of "big tech" suppressing peoples' voice because those companies won't let them use their platform to shout their nonsense have a place to go now....win/win.
Until radicals start posting TRUTHS. Then they will get booted :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread