What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assuming Antonio Gibson misses time what will Jaret Patterson's role be? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
It seems very possible/likely that Gibson will be missing time with his injuries going forward. My question is, what will J.Patterson's role be? Will he step in and take Gibson's role or would he just be a change of pace guy with J.D. McKissic assuming the role of lead back?

I've seen articles that suggest Gibson would get a lot of the early down work, but McKissic has looked good and to my eyes and Patterson seem to have the same body type. It's not as if Patterson is Derrick Henry type

DFS podcasts have suggested Patterson can't catch and would take a portion of the 1st/2nd down work, with McKissic handling the rest and the passing down work.

DFS podcasts have suggested Patterson can't catch and would take a portion of the 1st/2nd down work, with McKissic handling the rest and the passing down work.
Thanks for the help.

Just a portion of those 1/2nd down touches or would he take Gibson's role? Also, would he be in at the goal line?

I would expect fantasy points to go something like 65-35 to McKissic early.   Upside for Patterson to get to a 60-40 in his favor if he really shines with the early down role that he is given.

However, I'm not betting on him overtaking McK at any point, especially the way WFT's season is going.  If I'm gifted my choice of either RB, it's easily McKissic even if it's not impossible that Patterson overtakes him.   With that said, any 12-team fantasy leagues that just have Patterson hanging out on the wire, I can't imagine why he's not worthy of a bench spot right now.

SeniorVBDStudent said:

That's a bit harsh. 

Patterson isn't on McKissic's level, but he is adequate catching the ball.  That said, I think this turns to a 65/35 McKissic backfield if Gibson misses time. 

Users who are viewing this thread