What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fantasy Points by IDP position vs other Teams (1 Viewer)

Gally

Footballguy
Does anybody have a good resource that provides what teams provide good IDP production for certain positions?  I am sure it is out there but I don't have a good resource for it.  Anybody with some wisdom here?

Thanks.  

I noticed that MFL added it to their "Set Lineup" page.  So, for example, if I'm choosing between two QB's, I not only see their points, PPG, and projected points (which comes from Fantasy Sharks or some other site), but also what their current opponent gives up (average) to that position.  I don't give it much attention, but in a situation where I'm comparing two players that are very close, I'll glance at it.  And, it's a hyperlink, so if I click on it, it gives me a breakdown of that team's performance, fantasy-wise, against the position in question.  Once you get into that breakdown, there's a dropdown box where you can select any team, and see what they give up to any position (another filter/dropdown).  

I know that's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's a round-about way of seeing what CAR is giving up to LB's, for example.  What I haven't figured out is if there is a way to see some sort of ranking or list of all teams, as opposed to just viewing one at a time.  

Gally said:
Does anybody have a good resource that provides what teams provide good IDP production for certain positions?  I am sure it is out there but I don't have a good resource for it.  Anybody with some wisdom here?

Thanks.  
Gally, IDP Guru does

https://idpguru.com/2021/09/2021-idp-points-allowed-by-position.html

FootballGuys also has the IDP Index, which lets you select a team to see how many points it gives up to a particular position. Subscriber-only content, though. 

Once you get into that breakdown, there's a dropdown box where you can select any team, and see what they give up to any position (another filter/dropdown).  
It doesn't seem to have the IDP side listed.  Only offensive positions (at least for the breakdown on the drop downs).  When I punch in DT vs Carolina nothing shows up

It doesn't seem to have the IDP side listed.  Only offensive positions (at least for the breakdown on the drop downs).  When I punch in DT vs Carolina nothing shows up
Hmmm.  Works for me.  I only get the positions that are used in that particular league.  So, for non-IDP leagues, the drop-down doesn't even include IDP positions.  But, I just tried a league where we start DT's specifically, and it came up just fine.  

Hmmm.  Works for me.  I only get the positions that are used in that particular league.  So, for non-IDP leagues, the drop-down doesn't even include IDP positions.  But, I just tried a league where we start DT's specifically, and it came up just fine.  
I figured it out.  I was clicking on DT.  We don't have to start a DT so technically that's not a starting spot.  I had to click on DT+DE and now it shows up.  Strange.  

Users who are viewing this thread