What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FFA Contentment Survey (1 Viewer)

What things would you like to see more of from the FFA?

• More topics to discuss.

Votes: 23 37.7%
  • More provocative topics.

Votes: 20 32.8%
  • More participants.

Votes: 33 54.1%
  • Deeper, more existential or emotional discussions.

Votes: 11 18.0%
  • None. It's great as-is.

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Less moderation.

Votes: 19 31.1%

• Total voters
It’s fine, other than the place is pretty dead. That’s pretty much all message boards other than Reddit now. 

It’s fine, other than the place is pretty dead. That’s pretty much all message boards other than Reddit now. 
Which is odd to me because the organizational format of forums like this is so much better than the Reddit and Discords of the world.  As I saw someone describe it last night, Discord "is just an endless stream of text."  

Which is odd to me because the organizational format of forums like this is so much better than the Reddit and Discords of the world.  As I saw someone describe it last night, Discord "is just an endless stream of text."  
Yea I’ve never been on discord but heard the same thing - just impossible to keep up with. 

It seems to me with all the other options and social media available, message boards are going to be a relic of the mid-2000s. Can’t imagine too many young people are participating on them. 

next to e-attrition, #2.6 is the biggest reason for #2.3. if it werent for personal relationships, ida been gone a long time ago. tried to quit again a few wks ago when they zapped the "Rockistan" thread. stifling "dissent" in the name of "decency" is an insult to the clientele who kept FBG a going concern.

next to e-attrition, #2.6 is the biggest reason for #2.3. if it werent for personal relationships, ida been gone a long time ago. tried to quit again a few wks ago when they zapped the "Rockistan" thread. stifling "dissent" in the name of "decency" is an insult to the clientele who kept FBG a going concern.
"Tried to quit again" suggests it's a behavioral addiction, which I can relate to.  

Reddit wins simply because of pics/gifs and forums for NSFW stuff.

And here I thought we'd finally done it to you with the music drafts...I QUIT! 

I mentioned you when I picked "Hey Ya" over "What's Going On" in the song draft we did. I said you wouldn't understand, but that you would. And you're back. So I guess it wasn't that. 

Good to see you. 

Hands down if we're talking content.  It's got anything and everything you can imagine.  I just don't like the formatting.  Topics get lost.  There's no conversational flow.  No profile pics to help recognize others.   
Agreed. Forums like FFA would be so much better if pics/gifs were allowed and moderation eased up a little in some regard (mostly pertaining to jokes and being to discuss beautiful women).

yeah, very little keeping me here in terms of new content. Back in the day, we'd get a classic thread full of laughs at least every couple of weeks.  Can't remember the last time this place had a "great thread".

What keeps me here is the long term discussion with people I've been interacting with for years (the USMNT/soccer threads, Survivor, video game threads). Occasionally something will pop up in terms of learning about something new or generally useful group discussion (the DirectTV negotiation thread, for example) but I could almost certainly find that elsewhere if i wanted to.

I HATE the format of Reddit, so going there doesn't interest me at all.

Not hard to see why this happened. Combination of attrition (I'm sure the average age of this place has gone WAY up in the last 20 years. I was 18 when I started posting here. I turn 38 in a couple of weeks.....oof) , the change in moderation and the rise of social media.

It is what it is. :shrug:   We're all getting old

I don’t remember which thread the Rockistan was but the moderation isn’t great. There’s honest posters like Rock who may be controversial at times but is genuine and offers a lot to the board, he should get more of a benefit of a doubt on things. Then there are straight up trolls who keep coming back and offering nothing. They are the ones who need to be moderated. The FFA seems pretty good in terms of quality people, it just needs more of them.

It also doesn't help the the site seems to constantly crash and that we seem to be stuck with the blinding white background until football season is over.

Just over 50 people voted and nearly half of them said they'd like to see more topics discussed. Fortunately, unlike the number of participants or moderation level, that's something we can control.  Since I also voted for an increased number of topics, I call on my fellow FFAers to help me make this place more interesting.  Either post a new topic or even go back in FFA history and bump something you think might breathe some life into this place.  

Users who are viewing this thread