What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll: Do you play only redraft, only Dynasty, or do you play both? (1 Viewer)

Do you only play Redraft, only Dynasty, or do you play both?

• Only Redraft

Votes: 33 36.7%
  • Only Dynasty

Votes: 22 24.4%
  • I play both

Votes: 35 38.9%

• Total voters
I play in only one league for the last 20+ years. 

Redraft super-flex all the way baby!

4 leagues all redraft

really it’s one long time league that I care about & 3 others I maintain / try to be competitive 

I think this will be interesting.  Even if this poll has been done before, league dynamics change over time.  I believe it is good information to know.

Love playing both, though occasionally I mess up in redraft drafts by thinking dynasty and ignoring older vets who still have a productive season or 2 left.
Both. And I did the exact same this year. My redraft teams, usually strong, just flat out stink. Well, one isn't so bad. 

one redraft superflex league and one 4-8 auction keeper league

At one time I had 5 leagues, but that was way too much for me.  2 is perfect.

Generally only ever played redraft, although with much the same leagues for over a decade, one of which had a limited number of keepers but folded about five years ago. In new dynasty startup this season, so both right now

Is this all because of your exchange in the waiver wire thread?  ;)
I thought it would be an interesting thing to know.  It changes over time and in my mind the number of dynasty players has increased over the last 10 years and the poll reflects that.  Playing both will win this poll no doubt, or be very close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Walked away from my weakest re-draft league and now have one full re-draft league and one empire dynasty league.   I love them both and it's the perfect combination for me.   

I think I will go through a period of mourning when somebody wins twice in a row in Empire to force the league reset, even if it's me.   Started in 2018 after only doing re-drafts and I now get so much more entertainment out of the NFL draft, free agency, and following college football.   It provides the perfect amount of fantasy football during the offseason and definitely feel that it makes me much more prepared when it comes time for the re-draft.   I don't even view prep as a thing for my re-draft league anywhere.   The prep is basically managing a dynasty team during the NFL offseason.

I have no interest in playing it half-way with a keeper league.   It would seem like a major bummer not having all of the top superstars available at the re-draft.   I guess my dynasty is essentially a keep 19-out-of-24.   My only gripe is that I wish the rosters were either larger or that we did dedicated taxi squads to develop rookies and young players.   I find that I spend so much time prepping for the rookie draft, and then in a year where I'm contending, I'm basically obligated to dump all of my 3rd-5th round selections in favor of DSTs or veteran RB stashes to give my team the best chance to win.

I do get frustrated with some of the bad trades that go down in dynasty and some of the ethics on tanking from teams at the bottom of the barrel.   From that standpoint, I will always appreciate the competitive nature of a good re-draft league where the worst teams don't have an incentive to finish dead last, and usually have plenty of incentive not to.     

Love playing both, though occasionally I mess up in redraft drafts by thinking dynasty and ignoring older vets who still have a productive season or 2 left.

Maybe there's a support group.   The WRs from the back half of my draft say hi.   One of these guys was certain to be a poor man's Justin Jefferson by this point in the season:

• Terrace Marshall Jr.
  • Callaway
  • Elijah Moore
....and the old veteran dogs called upon to plug the holes they created:

• Crowder
  • Shepard
  • Tim Patrick
I must learn slow because I have also added Rondale Moore and Rashod Bateman off the wire and their verdict is still pending.

1 dynasty league, that's all. About 11 years I think? Actually co-owned a team with my dad for the first few years, then took over an orphaned team when someone left, and my dad kept the team that we had co-owned.

12 teams, PPR, 20-man rosters, QRRWWFKD, 7-team playoffs. Pretty straightforward. I like dynasty versus all those complicated keeper situations, so as to not have to crunch too many numbers to decide who to keep in the offseason. Granted that could be more interesting. Also like the idea that if you draft a superstar, you've got him forever if you want. Don't have to worry about how long you can manage to hang onto him.

3 dynasty 

the only redraft leagues I do are the “mock” drafts over In that forum. I had done redrafts most years but I’m falling out of the FF wagon. The only reason I’m still in the dynasty leagues is the long lasting relationships. 

1 redraft - Member of the FBG IBL Team. Incredibly tough league I'm proud to be a member of.

1 keeper/dynasty league - 20th year. Keep 7, no restrictions other than that. Want to keep all your studs? Go for it. Want to keep 7 RB's? Have at it. Future draft pick trades permitted, no restrictions as to how far out you can go. Currently I own no 1st round picks for the next 3 years. Team is stacked though and on pace to win another title. This league has taught me how to mine gold in the middle-to-late rounds.

Used to play many more leagues where a lineup submission was needed each week. Now, just the two.

3 Best Ball leagues - all here on the Mock Draft forum. Always fun and entertaining. One league I'm leading, the other two I'm in last place. Go figure.

Was in a few leagues....  the least Dynasty variety was 3 Keeper Vet & 1 Rookie Keeper

Now I am in only 1 Dynasty. Family (elderly parents) & Job take too much time now

I play in only one league for the last 20+ years. 

Redraft super-flex all the way baby!

So, and all due respect for all your posts, you have 43,000+ posts on a fantasy football forum and have owned one fantasy football team annually for the past 20 years? All I can say is that FBG needs more posters like you, my friend. :)

3 of each. 3 live drafts and 3 net. Rules all over the board. Variety keeps it interesting. A guy in 1 of mine says he has 61 dynasty teams.

5 dynasty salary cap,  IDP leagues…money leagues 

2 redraft…1 older friends league and 1 work league…”bragging rights” leagues

I play in two dynasty leagues. First is a deep roster IDP; second is FFPC SF. Really enjoy the rookie draft and the strategy of accumulating picks -vs- picking up players to "win now". They take up almost all the time I am willing to set aside for FF. I do play in 1 or 2 draft-n-go type leagues every year. They give me the fun of drafting, but no lineup or trading overhead. It's a good compromise. 

2 redraft - 1 is a work league (standard PPR) and 1 is a friends league (PPR with starting 2 QBs)

4 Zealots Field dynasty leagues - 2 PPR, 1 non-PPR and 1 Superflex

The only problem I have with the leagues is the almost utter lack of trading.

Users who are viewing this thread