What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 8 DFS (1 Viewer)

TwinTurbo

Footballguy
Last week was a good week. Let's keep it going!

At first glance, I like the Bengals again this week on the main slate. Focusing on the TNF game first. Building most lineups with Kyler Murray at CPT. 

Early top stacks are LaR by far, then Buff, LaC, and Cinci.  
Gronk is back at practice, so Brady versus New Orleans is in play.  NO is a pass funnel defense which is a bad matchup trying to defend Tampa's offense.  Marcus Lattimore will give Mike Evans some trouble, but Godwin and Gronk should produce.

Gronk is back at practice, so Brady versus New Orleans is in play.  NO is a pass funnel defense which is a bad matchup trying to defend Tampa's offense.  Marcus Lattimore will give Mike Evans some trouble, but Godwin and Gronk should produce.

I've been all-in for Brady this season (and Gronk too) but the Saints wooped them twice last year. This is a new year. Bucs are better, Saints are arguably worse. But is this really an excellent matchup for Brady? I'm not sold on it yet. 

I've been all-in for Brady this season (and Gronk too) but the Saints wooped them twice last year. This is a new year. Bucs are better, Saints are arguably worse. But is this really an excellent matchup for Brady? I'm not sold on it yet. 
That's fair.  I think Stafford is the best play, but I'm not sure that Allen vs a division rival, Herbert vs Belichick (Ravens Lite) or Burrow vs Jets are better than Brady's chances.  I probably have it Stafford >> Brady, Burrow > Allen, Herbert as most probable outcomes, but factoring in ceilings I'll probably have it Stafford, Brady, Allen > Burrow, Herbert (I expect Joe Mixon and Eckler to sap some of the Cincy and LAC fantasy output).

That's fair.  I think Stafford is the best play, but I'm not sure that Allen vs a division rival, Herbert vs Belichick (Ravens Lite) or Burrow vs Jets are better than Brady's chances.  I probably have it Stafford >> Brady, Burrow > Allen, Herbert as most probable outcomes, but factoring in ceilings I'll probably have it Stafford, Brady, Allen > Burrow, Herbert (I expect Joe Mixon and Eckler to sap some of the Cincy and LAC fantasy output).
Agree on everything you said. I might fade Stafford depending on how popular that stack looks by end of week. But the Rams will probably smash Houston. 

Agree on everything you said. I might fade Stafford depending on how popular that stack looks by end of week. But the Rams will probably smash Houston. 
Henderson killed people last week, but I am going back to him this week.  I believe you could say the same for him eating into some of Stafford’s production, much like Mixon and Ekeler. 

I do not think it is a plus matchup for Brady. But, I will have plenty and I hope others stay away, so I get it at lower ownership. Saints D looks to be for real, but It seems in today’s NFL good offense beats good defense most weeks. 

Personally, I love the Bills matchup.  I think Allen has a great week and paired with Diggs could be huge. I believe Diggs is due for a monster week. With all that said, I am not sure if I can fit Allen in and like the rest of the lineup. I have not started building yet. 

I haven't looked at anything yet, but I'm hoping Allen comes in a low-ish ownership because I like the matchup as well.
When I looked he was QB2 on DK and QB1 on FD.    Near 20% on FD which is a bit nuts for a QB.  I usually don't see much more than 13% or so in projections, especially for a 12 game slate.  

However, it make sense - no Mahomes, Murray, Lamar, etc..   

I think we have a bankroll building opportunity tonite.

Murray

Rodgers

Jones

Cobb

Ertz/Tonyan

It won't be a big winner, but should cash especially if you target overlay.

Murray

Rodgers

Jones

Cobb

Ertz/Tonyan

My $2 entry has this but with Nuk instead of Jones.  I hacked my $1 entry to align with your Ertz option.  I risked a whole dollar on 20 $0.05 pooch entries.  #bigspender

Murray

Rodgers

Jones

Cobb

Ertz/Tonyan

Good on you for finding it, but it seems like every time I get excited and chase some it fills up in the last few minutes.  

Doing a few on DK.   I went with Jones in cpt, both Qbs, and then Tonyan instead of a WR for GB.  

Jones - cpt 

Murray, Rodgers, Edmonds, Tonyan, Dillon

Good on you for finding it, but it seems like every time I get excited and chase some it fills up in the last few minutes.  
That said, there is a $3 gpp currently at 3K out of 16K that I will keep an eye on.  It's a 20max contest, so might not fill as fast or fully.  

Murray

Rodgers

Jones

Cobb

Ertz/Tonyan

Hope you guys tailed this.  Both lineups were winners even without overlay and Murray as MVP who turned out to be not even a top 5 choice.  When the fantasy gods gift you like this, build your bankroll.

I was $12 in, $60 out.   Best LU was 103pts for $48.   

For all 4 I did Jones cpt, Rodgers/Murray/Dillon.   Then did Cobb/Edmonds/Green/Tonyan/Kirk combos in the other 2 spots.  

Hope you guys tailed this.  Both lineups were winners even without overlay and Murray as MVP who turned out to be not even a top 5 choice.  When the fantasy gods gift you like this, build your bankroll.
I want free money too!  I checked and did not see the overlay opportunities.  Did I just miss it?  Was this on FanDuel or Draft Kings?

When I looked he was QB2 on DK and QB1 on FD.    Near 20% on FD which is a bit nuts for a QB.  I usually don't see much more than 13% or so in projections, especially for a 12 game slate.  

However, it make sense - no Mahomes, Murray, Lamar, etc..   
From RG, for FD, at QB:

14.8%  Hurts

12.7%  Brady

12%  Stafford

11.1%  Allen

8.7%  Herbert

6%  Burrow

All others are projecting at less than 5%.

I want free money too!  I checked and did not see the overlay opportunities.  Did I just miss it?  Was this on FanDuel or Draft Kings?

Didn't see the typically single game overlay last night on FD.

There was a Thur-Mon gpp that only filled to about 50%, I entered my Randall Cobb and placeholders lineup right at lock but forgot all your placeholders can't be from the same team.  That's free money gone.

Nothing fancy or ground breaking here.

Using mostly Allen, Hurts, Herbert, Stafford, Brady, and Burrow at QB

Fading Henry completely.

Optimizer loved Deebo and I have none.

I stacked, but not as much as previous weeks.  I do not like the other side, as much.

Tons of Mitchell, Goedart, Henderson, and Diggs.

I like Brown and Pittman stacked together this week.

I wish I had more Mixon and Swift.

I like this lineup:  Burrow - Gainwell/Mitchell/Hubbard - Chase/Brown/Pittman - Pitts - 49ers

I haven't felt confident enough to post in the DFS thread because I just really started getting into this over the past couple years. I had no idea what I was doing and basically was just giving DK my money. I still have no idea what I am doing, but lately, I have started to cash in some tourneys--usually small amounts, but did get $150 the other day. I have to tell you on that $150 it was sort of bittersweet because in the 4th quarter of MNF,  I made the mistake of looking at my score and I was sitting at #1 winning like $2500, but that didn't hold.  

I know some guys that are making some big bank off DFS, but I honestly am only putting 10-15 NFL entries a week in $2 or $3 tourneys and I know that it is going to take blind squirrel luck to take down the big bucks. I usually just watch every video I can find on youtube for recommended players and then do my own research to supplement. Is there a source you guys use over others? It just seems like I can hit most of my picks, but I always pick that one or two players that under-perform and they just kill the whole slate.

I have been off all week and doing NBA DFS and have won small amounts every day doing 5-10 entries a night.  

My newbie thoughts this week:

I like Herbert or Hurts and I am going to throw together a Bridgewater/Sutton stack to totally be contrarian.

There seem to be obvious RB choices this week to mix and match. I think Gainwell to go with Hurts is a good stack and then use Swift on the flip side of the ball. Jackson for the Chargers could be a sneaky play if Ekeler is out. 

I really like E. Sanders this week over Diggs. I also like Godwin and Claypool if healthy

You know Brady will try and get Gronk a TD, but Uzomah looks worth a dart throw..

I am still working on things, but this is what I have so far.

Early top stacks are LaR by far, then Buff, LaC, and Cinci.  
Now it's LaR, Buff, Philly, TB.     Rams 3x Philly, and Buff 2x Philly, so like last week there is a big difference b/t the top teams and the rest.  

Leverage is LaR, Buff, TB, and Cinci   b/c  Hurts' ownership is 2x what they have the Philly top stack % at.  

From RG, for FD, at QB:

14.8%  Hurts

12.7%  Brady

12%  Stafford

11.1%  Allen

8.7%  Herbert

6%  Burrow

All others are projecting at less than 5%.
Interesting.   awesemo has:

Hurts-16.6

Allen - 14.6

Stafford, Herbert, Brady at 8-9%

Burrow 5% 

everybody else <5%

Now it's LaR, Buff, Philly, TB.     Rams 3x Philly, and Buff 2x Philly, so like last week there is a big difference b/t the top teams and the rest.  

Leverage is LaR, Buff, TB, and Cinci   b/c  Hurts' ownership is 2x what they have the Philly top stack % at.  
For some reason, I like the Lions D this week. It's probably a huge mistake but I could see them getting a def TD against Philly. 

I haven't felt confident enough to post in the DFS thread because I just really started getting into this over the past couple years. I had no idea what I was doing and basically was just giving DK my money. I still have no idea what I am doing, but lately, I have started to cash in some tourneys--usually small amounts, but did get $150 the other day. I have to tell you on that $150 it was sort of bittersweet because in the 4th quarter of MNF,  I made the mistake of looking at my score and I was sitting at #1 winning like $2500, but that didn't hold.  

I know some guys that are making some big bank off DFS, but I honestly am only putting 10-15 NFL entries a week in $2 or $3 tourneys and I know that it is going to take blind squirrel luck to take down the big bucks. I usually just watch every video I can find on youtube for recommended players and then do my own research to supplement. Is there a source you guys use over others? It just seems like I can hit most of my picks, but I always pick that one or two players that under-perform and they just kill the whole slate.

I have been off all week and doing NBA DFS and have won small amounts every day doing 5-10 entries a night.  

I like Herbert or Hurts and I am going to throw together a Bridgewater/Sutton stack to totally be contrarian.

There seem to be obvious RB choices this week to mix and match. I think Gainwell to go with Hurts is a good stack and then use Swift on the flip side of the ball. Jackson for the Chargers could be a sneaky play if Ekeler is out. 

I really like E. Sanders this week over Diggs. I also like Godwin and Claypool if healthy

You know Brady will try and get Gronk a TD, but Uzomah looks worth a dart throw..

Like the post.  Keep them coming. 

I also like Jackson, E.Sanders (over Diggs), Godwin, Gronk, Uzomah. I am looking at Claypool as well. 

And I definitely like that Den/Was game for contrarian gpp stacks. 

I am on the Lions D also.  For that matter, I think they win out right. 
That's my thinking. This Eagles team is not good. Poorly coached and a fair amount of players that wouldn't start for any other team, even the Lions. Plus the Lions have Duce Staley coaching on their sideline. I think they get the win. 

Last edited by a moderator:
So far just doing 3 teams this week.  I think it will be 2 Stafford and 1 Allen, and I think in all 3 it will have minimum 5 players from those games.    

The first shell I like is Stafford/Henderson/Jefferson + Sanders/Gesicki .  I added in a RB from the SF/Chic game (I like both sides, and they are exactly the same price).  

That gives me 16.2 for DT, WR, Flex.   

I like a lot of the late game WRs - Godwin, Evans, McLaurin, Sutton, Williams, etc.    And I like the DTs in the was/Denver game, so the plan for that LU is to use spots from those games and I can use a lot of swapping depending on how those earlier plays hit.  

For placeholder I used Denv D, Sutton, and Godwin.  

TwinTurbo said:
That's my thinking. This Eagles team is not good. Poorly coached and a fair amount of players that wouldn't start for any other team, even the Lions. Plus the Lions have Duce Staley coaching on their sideline. I think they get the win. 
:bag:

I had several lineups with Ridley, Gronk and Pitts.  I switched a lot of Gronk lineups to Pitts at 12:59 which was a mistake with Ridley out for "personal reasons".

I'm amazed that I was able to salvage $97 in winnings from $105 in entries.  The payoff line was really low this week on FD....lots of 1TD performances for 10-15 points.

Last edited by a moderator:
On DK 23 in and 160 out.  My Milly maker entry was so close...  C. Wentz, M. Carter, D. Samuel, A. Brown, M. Pittman, and C. Godwin were great and the WTF D was good.

However, K. Gainwell and K. Pitts prevented this lineup from having a chance a big score.  Gainwell was the really frustrating one since PHI scored 4 rushing TDs!!!! and he ended up with only 27 yards rushing  😢

On to week 9.

100 in and 180 out.  One of my better weeks.  I even won the league contest.  My top score was 157pts. I nailed the secondary stack of Pittman/Brown.  Swift hurt most of my lineups.

100 in and 180 out.  One of my better weeks.  I even won the league contest.  My top score was 157pts. I nailed the secondary stack of Pittman/Brown.  Swift hurt most of my lineups.
It was good to see Pittman continue to be treated like the alpha with TY on the field.

Break even across the 2 sites, mostly b/c I was over on the Buff/Mia game again, and had 0 of the Tenn/Indy game.   Oh well.  

Tonight I don't have much of a clue for showdown, but after Xing out a couple guys and running optimals it gave me a lot of McKinnon in cpt LUs.  

About a 25% win win tonight. Minimal overlay so I’d usually lay off but mahommes/Jones we’re pretty obvious play tonight 

Users who are viewing this thread